Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(70 Posts)
12Michael Wed 08-Apr-20 06:08:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry with some high cloud this morning in Brackley .
Today , a shop and get a paper to read plus TV magazine.
Mind you where I live , it looks like the lockdown as started to cause arguments amongst residents.
On a personal note , I am quite content to carry on with this situation, staying in and in the back of my mind thinking of more enjoyable days to come when things change.
Mick

grandMattie Wed 08-Apr-20 06:12:10

Morning. Did you see the moon this morning? Gorgeous. We’re off to Sainsbury’s for the wrinklies hour. Then lock down as usual. Into our fourth week and I’m getting rather tired of being imprisoned. Yes, I know it’s for the best, and we’re keeping to all the restrictions, but....

cornergran Wed 08-Apr-20 06:44:28

Morning Mick, morning All. It’s looking cloudy in our corner of Somerset. I know just what you mean grandMattie, had a bad day yesterday, now think just a bump in the road and yes, it will all pass. It does try the patience at times though. Sorry there is tension building round you mick, keep your head down. Cleaning this morning, a couple of phone calls then our walk. No idea what we’ll eat today, see what falls out of the fridge. Be gentle with yourselves everyone and above all stay safe and well.

Beechnut Wed 08-Apr-20 06:50:53

Good Morning everyone. It’s dry and bright on Severnside.

I didn’t see the moon grandMattie too early for me. I had extra ? this morning.

I’m going to do a little bit of pottering this morning and put up my Easter decorations. Mow the lawn later and try to do the edges at the same time.

I hope we don’t hear shouts of ‘Fight, fight’ coming from the Brackley area Mick.

Stay as well and safe as you can everyone ?

ninathenana Wed 08-Apr-20 06:59:11

Morning everyone.
A grey start in Kent but the forecast is for a glorious day. GrandMattie the moon was beautiful last night wasn't it.
Supermarket oldies hour this morning. I need to buy DH a birthday and an anniversary card. Not sure how that will work when we have to stay together in the store.
The rest of the day will be crosswords and reading.
Have the best day you can everyone.
? keep smiling through ?

GrannyGravy13 Wed 08-Apr-20 07:13:21

Goodmorning Mick and all x

It is forecast to be 23 degrees and sunny here in S EEssex today so I shall sit in the garden.

I saw the super moon from my kitchen skylight as I went to bed last night and woke up very early today to see it again shining through my bedroom window.

keep safe and well folks x

Txquiltz Wed 08-Apr-20 07:14:19

Committing to seriously eating from hunger and for nutrition, not to combat boredom. Put a little sign on my frig, "This is not a trough". Maybe a bit of personal shaming will work.

brook2704 Wed 08-Apr-20 07:20:56

Good morning everybody from a dry bright Inverness. Hopefully the wind will have dropped a bit today after the last few days ! But it did get all my washing really dry

GranyGravy13 I’m just a teeny weeny bit jealous of your forecast for today - 23º and sunny ! I think we’ll be lucky if we get to about 14 ! Oh well .......

Oh dear Mick the restrictions can cause frictions between otherwise friendly neighbours , I really hope it doesn’t get too out of hand.

I enjoyed a couple of online dance classes yesterday from the usual instructor at the gym, it was great to see a familiar face and enjoy a bit of banter ?

Hope everyone has the best day possible and take care if you need to go out ?

Curlywhirly Wed 08-Apr-20 07:21:57

Good morning all from a dull Cheshire. Yesterday was really sunny and very warm, so had another go at doing some gardening, but to be honest there wasn't much to do (apart from watering, as everything is getting very dry). Just like to say thanks for all the messages of condolence and thanks regarding my Auntie, so very kind. Himself is reading the news and said that the prediction is we are going to have it worse than any other country in europe. A very sobering thought, let's hope the predictions are way off course. On a lighter note, our son sent me a lovely little video of our 2 year old DGS watching a tractor go back and forth in the farmer's field directly behind their house. The driver keeps beeping and waving to him as he passes and little DGS is bursting with pride and excitement! DS is pleased, as it's welcome entertainment for a very bored little one ? Here's hoping everyone has a good day and all those venturing out to the shops, keep safe.

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 08-Apr-20 07:26:30

Good morning from east London, bit cloudy outside although looks promising. Second bin collection going on outside. On our walk to hollow ponds yesterday, noticed all the park benches had been taped up but one or two were still sitting on them. The Log cabin tea hut near the ponds is still going; there was uproar a few years ago when a planned expansion of the cycle path would have gone straight thro it but adjustments were made.
Grannygravy, thanks for your hint; I think I was being a bit unkind to DP yesterday. I think there are times you need a relatively mindless task (like me filling in rainfall statistics) and washing toys was his. I just hope the GDs like Lego. GD1 has organised a rota of clubs every day, including maths and art, with participants having to fill in a questionnaire after. Wonder who’s doing the educating in that household. Have a good day.

BlueSapphire Wed 08-Apr-20 07:27:01

Good morning everyone from a dry and fine Northampton. Forecast to be warm and sunny later, so will be cutting the back grass.

Apart from that, the usual stuff; a morning pottering and cleaning, my Joe Wicks exercises and online ballet class - new lesson today! Decided to move the furniture around yesterday in the sitting room, and feels like a new room now!

The ham I cooked yesterday turned out to be delicious; I did it in the pressure cooker, in orange juice, and had ham egg and chips for tea last night. Today I shall use some to make a pea and ham casserole, and then slice and portion up the rest for the freezer.

Stay safe everyone, and have a good day.

NanKate Wed 08-Apr-20 07:27:54

Morning Mick and All.

A good day in prospect in South Bucks.

Many years ago my DH was left a small bequest by his Uncle and he bought a wooden stable door to replace our front door. He even had a detachable ledge designed for our late cat to sit on and look out over the Green in front of the house. This stable door has proved to be a godsend especially during the virus and we have it open most of the day to feel some connection with the outside world. A small pleasure. ?

Americanpie Wed 08-Apr-20 07:27:57

Good morning from a dry but cloudy west coast of Scotland. Not as windy as yesterday. A walk planned, as we cycled yesterday. All the shopping has been done for the week, we are dreading the influx of visitors that may attempt to arrive for Easter and bring the virus with them. Lets hope everyone stays put and stays safe.

Doorstop Wed 08-Apr-20 07:35:39

Good morning Mick and everyone here,
Another dry day in Hertfordshire, walked to postbox yesterday, first time out for days. May sort the garden shed out again!
Keep safe.

kittylester Wed 08-Apr-20 07:37:45

Morning all from a bright North Leicestershire.

Dh and I have to brave the big outside world today. DH is going to collect an emailed order from out local Coop and then we have to go to town to collect his medication. I will go along to drive the car - just to prove I still can.

We didn't find Narnia at the back of the wardrobe yesterday but did find tons of dust and thousands (!!) Of old football programmes that we put on the local Spotted site on fb. And somebody wanted them!

We also found DH's first day covers which we are hoping will be worth a fortune - if only!!

Hoping everyone has as good a day as possible!

Ginny42 Wed 08-Apr-20 07:42:24

Goodmorning Mick and all from a now cloudy Cheshire. The sky was certainly very clear at 3.00 a. m. as I'd set the alarm to see the pink moon, which isn't pink at all of course. I'd sent a quiz to my grandson based on a newspaper article yesterday and told him that he would have to be in bed, but I would get up and see it at its brightest. Promised him 20p for each correct answer, but with 10 questions, some with more than one answer I could owe him £3.20 today.

What a delightful story curlywhirly. I bet the farmer enjoyed that too.

There is only so much washing, cleaning and baking I can do just for me, so it's a walk at 9.00, a Zoom meeting later and a WhatsApp chat with friends, then whatever takes my fancy.

Take great care Mick and anyone else venturing out. I had a down day the other day cornergran but I think we sometimes just have to focus on doing our bit by staying out of harm's way. flowers for all.

Liljan Wed 08-Apr-20 07:44:37

Good morning all, sun shining brightly this morning. Off to pick up some groceries from my daughters today and will drop off Easter gifts for the grandchildren, might get a glimpse of them through the windows. DH had contact with the hospital yesterday, he’s now awaiting an appointment from community hospital to get bloods taken before he has video appt with Consultant on 16th, so another step forward. As always wishing everyone a good & safe day.

Pittcity Wed 08-Apr-20 07:48:05

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
Watering the garden is the only necessary task today. Didn't think we'd need to do it so early in the year but it's been warm and breezy here for a while.
Our usual Wednesday coffee meetup has gone online so I may drop in to say hello.
Hugs to all xx

dragonfly46 Wed 08-Apr-20 07:49:40

Good morning, as Kitty said it is bright here.

Made an inventory of my freezer yesterday and think I have enough food to last us a year!
Now to attack the one in the garage!

Had a good meeting on Zoom with our book group. It made me feel part of the world again.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

LullyDully Wed 08-Apr-20 07:51:38

Good morning from Hampshire . Mr LD went to Tescos yesterday evening and got all we need. However it's our 44th wedding anniversary on Friday so I challenge to make a card yet again. Perhaps a rainbow ? would be apt.

mancgirl Wed 08-Apr-20 07:53:32

Good morning from a bright, not quite sunny Manchester. The moon was stunningly beautiful last night. Tried to take some pics with my phone but couldn't do it justice. It felt so peaceful just staring up at it. No traffic, everywhere was quiet. First time in weeks I felt anxious free. The world is still beautiful even with all that is going on around us. Another nice moment yesterday, gs1 walked past the house with his daddy. First time we've seen him in 6 weeks. He was shouting through the gate, love you, smiling and chatting, what a treat. Just wanted to reach out and touch him but to see him was enough. More of the same today, chores, walk, garden. Have the best day you can. (((hugs))). flowersfor those with extra worries.

Grammaretto Wed 08-Apr-20 07:57:36

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. I was sent a photo of the wonerful moon . Looks ok weather so far.
We are venturing out later to the hospital for DH scan. I am stupidly excited as I havent seen the outside world for weeks. We can't see the street from our house though we can usually hear it. Now we hear woodpeckers and owls. I will miss this peace if and when things go back to how they were.
Stay safe everyone.

moggie Wed 08-Apr-20 08:06:13

Good morning Mick & all from sunny Nottingham.
Called to see my niece & 4 week old great nephew on way back from BIL’s funeral, she stood at her front door with him & us at the end of her drive. I held him when he was a few days old & look forward to cuddles again.
Waiting for phone call this morning to collect my work computer to work from home.
Take care all & stay safe.
Have a good day everyone.

NfkDumpling Wed 08-Apr-20 08:22:43

Morning All

Another bright sunny spring morning in the north of Norfolk, with a few fluffy clouds. Some have a bit of a grey look about them but not enough to rain. So we'll be out polishing the garden again today. I've made a start on weeding the grass that's sprouting in the camomile path. It's been on the Must Do List for some time and is quite relaxing. Probably the aroma of the camomile!

harrigran Wed 08-Apr-20 08:25:59

Good morning from a sunny NE.
The moon was spectacular last night and was just outside of the bathroom window so I stuck my head out and just gazed at it for a while.
Had a walk round the garden yesterday afternoon and saw two planes in ten minutes, shouted to DH to check where second one was going and he said Amsterdam to Los Angeles. Normal life does carry on.
Watched all the episodes of Liar, enjoyed it but policing a bit far fetched.
Kedgeree for lunch today as we now have eggs, DH brought a tray of thirty from the supermarket.
Weather is warming up so enjoy but stay safe.