Gransnet forums

Chat

Email from Sainsbury

(21 Posts)
silversurf Wed 08-Apr-20 08:25:08

Received email today to say I have priority delivery slot.
I haven’t been asking Sainsbury for a slot, only Tesco.
Am concerned this might be a spam as I have to enter my bank details to register.

MawB Wed 08-Apr-20 08:28:26

Don’t - you are right to trust your gut instinct!

phoenix Wed 08-Apr-20 08:30:17

You could try phoning their customer service dept to check, but could be on hold for ages!

Pikachu Wed 08-Apr-20 08:34:27

Just go onto their online site and see if you can book a slot and order. That will tell you. Do you have a Nectar card?

Txquiltz Wed 08-Apr-20 08:39:52

I have gotten several warnings about scams where they require personal info. I would suggest calling Sainsbury.

Nico97 Wed 08-Apr-20 08:41:21

I keep getting emails from Sainsbury's too but I still can't book a slot when I go to their site. So frustrating confused

MrsEggy Wed 08-Apr-20 08:45:34

I have been told I have been registered, but was already a customer. They have my credit card details but not bank details. I had an automated phone call from them and have had one delivery so far. Sounds like a scam.

GabriellaG54 Wed 08-Apr-20 08:52:47

You don't need bank details. It's spam. They get your eligibility from the NHS and YouGov then email that you can have a slot. Pay at online checkout.

Lucca Wed 08-Apr-20 09:04:51

Talking of scams. My son sent me this
“If you receive an email from the department of health telling you to avoid eating tinned pork as it may contain covid19, ignore it. It’s spam.

Lucca Wed 08-Apr-20 09:05:07

?

Nico97 Wed 08-Apr-20 09:15:41

grin grin Lucca

shysal Wed 08-Apr-20 09:35:12

grin

Lovetopaint037 Wed 08-Apr-20 09:54:46

No don’t do it. They might ask for a loyalty card number but never your credit card. That would come after placing an order at the check out.

WOODMOUSE49 Wed 08-Apr-20 10:01:46

Don't You would never ever need to give bank details when registering.

Bank details only needed when you come to paying for your order.

janeainsworth Wed 08-Apr-20 10:10:04

The email address might give you a clue.
I’d report it to Sainsbury’s, they probably have some sort of cyber security set-up.

SuzieQ178 Wed 08-Apr-20 10:25:58

Have you been notified by government letter that you should lockdown for 12 weeks as you are classed as vulnerable? Are you on the shielding list? If you have a Sainsbury’s online account set up you are automatically notified that you can book a priority slot. Same with all the supermarkets if you have a registered account. When you log in to your account you have to click for the priority delivery. If none of this is applicable then it’s got to be a scam. We are on the shielding list (you do need to register on the government website) and after initially panicking and wondering how on Earth I would shop for food suddenly I had slots with Sainsbury’s, Tesco and Iceland! Plus an unexpected delivery of the emergency basics box the government are sending out! I’m overwhelmed!

SuzieQ178 Wed 08-Apr-20 10:27:08

Just noticed OP said bank details needed. Definitely a scam then!☹️

silversurf Wed 08-Apr-20 11:03:43

Have registered using their website (not email), allowed me to register as priority, but when I try to get a delivery slot says “not recognised as vulnerable” can’t get through on phone, I just get cur off. So frustrating.

suziewoozie Wed 08-Apr-20 11:22:20

There’s no booking of slots now with Sainsbury’s unless they have first registered you as on the shielded list. Are you on that list Siver? The Govt is sending details of whose on the list to Sainsburys. Having said that, I can’t believe that they would ask you for your bank details so would just delete it. Impossible to phone them I’ve found.

maddyone Wed 08-Apr-20 11:50:03

Delete the email, do not trust it.

silversurf Wed 08-Apr-20 17:38:52

Got fed up with trying Sainsbury, why let me register then say I’m not eligible.
After a phone call to good old Tesco yesterday they told me to log in to their site after four o’clock today. I did so and was offered a slot on two different days. These are 8 hour slots, not the normal one hour, but I’m not going anywhere am I?
Well done Tesco who I have used for many years now.