Gransnet forums

Chat

Come Fly with Me!

(5 Posts)
Rufus2 Thu 09-Apr-20 14:45:40

As we can't get out, try this escapism;

www.Airpano.Ru

Hope this takes off! Look for EN in top right hand corner!
Also select "video"

Good Luck.

Newatthis Tue 21-Apr-20 18:46:12

Fabulous!

SalsaQueen Tue 21-Apr-20 19:28:52

Fantastic! Love Plitvice Lakes in Croatia.

EllanVannin Tue 21-Apr-20 20:26:23

Rufus I do the driver's eye view on the trams of Melbourne and Sydney---even The Ghan , on You tube. Passes an hour or two.

Rufus2 Wed 22-Apr-20 12:42:49

Evening All; What an exhausting day! I had another look at "Airpano" and that was goodbye Wednesday! grin
Started off with train trips in Switzeland, then walking tours of Roman ruins, in Rome of course, and Positano, in Italy, of course! Apart from the magnificent scenery I was just as fascinated by all the tourist crowds as we strolled amongst them; Just like being there. Positano was/is beautiful.
Then I caught the 50 min. gondola ride from Zermatt to
Matterhorn. My word, it's bleak at the top, as you might expect! I don't think I could have done that in real life! When the gondola stopped a few times it was swinging gently from side to side and reminded me of a similar ride we took many, many years ago in Switz. which had me terrified just imagining the vast drop to the valley floor below, not to mention the realisation we had to do the return trip later! shock
Thank you Ellan for the tip about cab rides with Melb. trams. We've only lived here for 49 years, but knew nothing about them. As I've always said, if you're a tourist don't ask a local about things to see! hmm
To cap an exhausting day off, I took a cab ride tram from York Place to the Airport. Edinburgh!

One serious thought struck me "doing" the strolls in Italy was how I'd deal with future, real life, holidays involving such crowds thinking on how many would be from all over arriving by plane and cruises! shock
Pure escapism and plenty more to see!

Good Health; take care!
OoRoo wine wine wine