Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Monday

(5 Posts)
Rufus2 Mon 25-May-20 15:23:30

Bank Holiday again! ? Alright for some I suppose.
Even those working from home can take the day off and lounge around the back garden pool with a clear conscience!
Not in Melb. though. 5C min, 14C max. Queenslanders might lounge even though it's not a holiday here yet; we have to wait until June for our Queen's Birthday public holiday! smile Goodonya Liz!

BlueSky depends how you define "moderation"!? As a matter of fact I think this exercise might have to go into (self) liquidation due to rising production costs! sad
They went up by one third today, from wine wine wine to wine wine wine wine with nobody around to count for me.!
But they do say not to keep it secret and be honest! grin
Megs Couldn't understand your ref. to funerals. I wondered afterwards whether my comments regarding Victoria shortly lifting the number of participants from 10 to 50 was a bit too cavalier for some.
I must admit I didn't lose any sleep over it though. Slept till 9.00am and that was not Cab-Sav induced! hmm

Oh dear, it's Chewsdy again and feeling a little tired, I don't know why, and chilly now that the heater has turned itself off on auto.
Hope you all had a fab. Bank Holiday given the circumstances and good weather?
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

MiniMoon Mon 25-May-20 15:42:15

There is nowhere open except for Garden Centres. No need to go to one of those as we bought all our plants online. Still waiting for some, emails going back and forth as the plants have gone astray. They were supposed to have been dispatched at the end of April, but didn't arrive.
We need some more rain, everything is very dry.

Don't get too cold Rufus, wrap up warm.

Aldom Mon 25-May-20 17:32:25

A glorious summers day here in Oxfordshire, UK. Had a lovely visit from my daughter, social distancing in the garden. We enjoyed scones with jam and cream, followed by strawberries and cream. Stay safe and well everyone.

Luckygirl Mon 25-May-20 18:08:34

I went over to my DD's wild flower meadow and spent a happy hour among the buttercups. Beautiful!

BlueSky Mon 25-May-20 19:25:01

Hi Rufus well sadly 'moderation' is just one small glass of wine or one single measure of whisky/brandy/vodka etc. So for years I kidded myself that I was drinking in 'moderation'! I had a shock when I found out that was not the case. But just that one it is actually good for us over '50s winegrin