Gransnet forums

Chat

What I would like to FIND in my lockdown clearouts

(12 Posts)
infoman Wed 27-May-20 09:22:09

video tapes of football match's that I never recorded first time round.

Chewbacca Wed 27-May-20 09:25:11

That box of Polyfilla that I know I put in the cupboard under the sink. I've since bought ANOTHER one but it still infuriates me that I can't find the first one.

sodapop Wed 27-May-20 09:35:22

Some books I haven't read

glammanana Wed 27-May-20 10:14:08

Two summer handbags that I only use during summer I put they away 18mths ago and don't have a clue where they are.

fourormore Wed 27-May-20 10:40:11

I'm still hunting for my grandmother's secret stash of diamonds but no luck so far!
We did find a box of books etc. that we shoved away in a corner to be unpacked 'one day' when we have time! That was when we move nearly five years ago blush
If I find the diamonds I'll send you all a card from my desert island! grin

Maggiemaybe Wed 27-May-20 10:49:01

The mates of all the single earrings I’ve accumulated. Preferably before I send them all to the Alzheimer’s Society jewellery appeal.

DiscoGran Wed 27-May-20 10:53:02

A pair of expensive leather sandals I haven't seen since we moved house a couple of years ago. Beginning to think may have gone in bag for charity shop in error. ☹️

annodomini Wed 27-May-20 11:35:41

A pink jumper that I'm fond of. It isn't in the moth-proof zip-up bag where I keep my woollies so by now the moths may have found it, wherever it has gone. I've searched under the bed just in case!

midgey Wed 27-May-20 12:00:55

The book that goes with the mobility car.....it’s being collected next week and I’ve searched the house!

Purplepixie Wed 27-May-20 12:04:00

I would love to find some of my late mother’s embroidery. She did some beautiful pieces and I dont seem to have one. It would make me so happy to find even a tiny piece.

Also my ex gave our son a little Snowy hand puppet and I would love to find it again. DS isn’t bothered but I loved it and it will take me back to a happy time.

seacliff Wed 27-May-20 12:19:19

A opal and diamond ring that was my mothers. I had it after she died but didn't wear it often as it was so delicate. Now it's not in my jewellery box, been missing at least 5 years. I wonder if I put it in a handbag when visiting someone, with a view to possibly wearing it. Cannot find it anywhere.

lemongrove Wed 27-May-20 12:23:28

A £20 note that I put aside to give to DGS two months ago, I remember putting it in a ‘safe place’ ( wherever that was!)