Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(62 Posts)
12Michael Sun 31-May-20 06:09:26

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another bright blue sky start this morning, here in Brackley .
I went out yesterday and crossed the main market place to visit and get a Chinese take away , which seems to be the regular thing on a early Saturday evening.
Anyway the road traffic seems to building up especially over the last two weeks .
Despite Lockdown ,although I think they have relaxed rules to early if it comes down to lower double figures , but 3 figures no.
Take Care
Mick

mancgirl Sun 31-May-20 06:25:03

Good morning Mick and all from an already lovely day in Manchester. Forgot to close the blind in the bedroom so the light woke me early. Did a click and collect yesterday so cupboards and freezer stocked again. I think food (and some drink?) are mostly all we spend money on these days. No sign of baby Manc yet. 3 days overdue. Garden visit today from ds1, partner and 4 year old. He was "camping " in the garden with daddy last night. He will be telling us all about it I'm sure. He's been on the drive a few times and seems very cautious so hoping we can resist the urge to get to close. The weather is wonderful just now so another garden day after a few chores and a walk. No desire to go to packed beaches. Why would you? Just don't get it. Have a lovely day everyone. (((hugs))) for those who need one flowers for those with extra worries.

Puzzler61 Sun 31-May-20 06:29:56

Good morning Mick. I thought from yesterday’s Good Morning you were making your Asian curry - did you decide to treat yourself to a takeaway instead?

I‘ve realised I’ve not taken a joint of meat out to defrost for tonight’s meal so I’ll need to think of something else for tea. Perhaps OH will do a bbq though he’s never keen, he does it grudgingly.

DD1 and SIL came for an afternoon garden visit yesterday and it was great to chat face to face, at safe distance. Iced drinks and fancy cakes, swapping news. We were all moving for shade within 20mins.
We used the sprinkler on the garden yesterday evening to keep all the new plants hydrated. The lawn is already patchy from lack of rain. The usual bedding flowers are coming on a treat - fucsia, geraniums, verbenas, marigolds, salvia, lavender, scabiosa, gazania and roses.

A pigeon flew through the open doors of our conservatory late on in the evening. It panicked and took a while to usher it out. It then sat on our shed roof all night and only flew off when I went out to the bin early today. Must have given itself a right fright - it certainly gave us one!

Have a happy Sunday All, hope the sunshine is suiting everyone. ?

Puzzler61 Sun 31-May-20 06:32:23

Baby Manc is keeping you all waiting but not long to wait.
Did you see the Take That concert from their homes?
Hope you enjoyed it mancgirl. Glad they did all their best songs that we could sing along to.
I thought Robbie was looking particularly fine ?

grandMattie Sun 31-May-20 06:43:39

Good morning from a bright E Kent.
I picked a sprig of honeysuckle from the hedge on yesterday's walk. It is scenting the little sitting room out.
Another quiet day today. Walk round the town for the paper, “church”,.. cooking lamb shanks for dinner, and saving half for when the painters do the kitchen.
DH is in full “sort out” mode. Trouble is, he puts things away so safely that he can’t remember where they went and we find them years later! I find holding my tongue and going into full Stepford wife mode very hard.
Hope all goes well with the baby, mane.
Have a good day everyone, stay safe, stay well.

Ginny42 Sun 31-May-20 06:55:47

Good morning Mick and everyone from a lovely sunny morning in Cheshire. How fortunate that we can spend so much time outdoors, especially for those visits from family and friends now! Unfortunately my DD is too far away, but I'm happy for those who can now see family again. It's going to be very hard not to hug!

I've been awake since early, but managed to sleep with the fan on and it's nice and cool. I was dismantling a brick BBQ yesterday and was a bit knackered very tired last night. Now I'm on the hunt for a water feature. I'm jealous of all the lovely plants in your garden Puzzler as I've got a lot of gaps in mine which would usually be full of colour. The roses and peonies are amazing though.

I normally chat with DD and DGS several times a day and call my sister every day too. She's not too far away and we're planning to meet somewhere soon. Her OH has had the virus and recovered, so they're being extra cautious.

I have an OU course to catch up on, so that will keep me busy and focused today. First a walk and a leisurely breakfast.

Enjoy your day, and those garden meetings. Above all, stay safe.

Beechnut Sun 31-May-20 06:56:00

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is sunny.

I saw DD yesterday and when she went I sat watching/listening to the water feature. Little birds flying about the shrubs and one in the shed gutter. He made me smile as I could see his head bobbing up and down as he walked along the gutter. The sky was blue and it was so peaceful.

I will tidy the greenhouse this morning before it gets too hot.

Have a good day all ??

cornergran Sun 31-May-20 06:58:52

Morning Mick , morning All. Blue sky over our corner of a Somerset, a very warm day forecast. Feel much better for sorting my parents grave yesterday. Took a picnic to our sons back garden, enjoyed a chat with him and his family. Our friend and neighbour is very ill, palliative care only, so sad for her family. Quiet day here today, will do some garden tidying while it’s still cool enough then not much else. Hope to hear mancbaby has arrived. Be gentle with yourselves everyone.

brook2704 Sun 31-May-20 07:04:43

Good Morning everyone from a beautiful sunny and warm Inverness. Yesterday was a scorcher and the same forecast for today

I walked down to one of my friends house yesterday afternoon and we spent a couple of hours sitting in the garden with a glass of wine catching up with all our news - I really enjoyed it and then my OH kindly picked me up to save me the uphill walk back home...

I hope you get some good news soon manc ? exciting times ahead !

I’ve no plans yet for today, I hope everyone enjoys the sunshine and has a good day. Take care ?

Gingster Sun 31-May-20 07:14:06

Good morning all from a lovely sunny Essex. We are so missing our cottage by the sea as we spent 10 weeks of lockdown there. We’re here to see family in the garden and to catch-up on things here. Going back to Suffolk in a couple of weeks. Think we’ve decided to move there permanently.

Not much planned today. We will walk little pooch over the local fields and woods and then back for lunch . Gammon and roasties today.

DH planning to play golf tomorrow- first time since his TIA. He’s a bit worried that he’s not up to it but hopefully he’ll be fine and enjoy it. It will be nice to have the house to myself for a while.

How exciting to have a new baby expected Manc. Hope all goes smoothly, and you get to see them soon.

Have a peaceful day all. ?

Scentia Sun 31-May-20 07:16:13

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire although I am in Nottinghamshire coming y to o the end of a night shift. I will take this lovely ☀️ home with me and go on a bike ride with the pooch before bath and bed as I have another night shift tonight. It is my least favourite shift, keeping awake all night, although it is better if you have a few on the trot as you can sleep a good few hours without upsetting your routine too much.
My wildflowers are all sprouting now and I am eagerly awaiting them blooming to attract all these bees and butterflies I have been promised! They are in all 6 raised beds so I may get a swarm if I’m not careful? not sure what you call a collection of butterflies though!!
I will be going to see my DD in Monday after work as she is so worried about a small bleed she has had, she went for a scan yesterday and all is ok, it is such early days though, she is a worrier when it comes to her pregnancies as she has had a good few miscarriages before we were blessed with our DGS. I keep telling her she will be fine.? her DH just has a knack of saying completely the wrong thing, bless him, he is trying to understand her worries though?
I hope everyone has a good day and stay safe everyone.xx

Urmstongran Sun 31-May-20 07:18:47

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s a bit cool at present and not as sunny.
?

Himself sent a text to his friend in hospital yesterday morning and received one back (a relief) saying he was doing well and hoping to be home in a couple of days. Wonderful isn’t it what can be done nowadays?
❤️

I had a ‘feet’ afternoon yesterday! I decided to do my own pedicure. I could’ve gone down to the salon and made an appointment but not keen just yet - even though she’s been open 3 weeks now. I’ve seen a good few customers going in but I’m not ready for such close proximity yet.

I soaked my feet, used the foot file, trimmed my nails and applied base coat, two of coral and a top coat. I was really pleased with the result as I took my time. Next, I washed my slippers! I’d worn them every day and nothing else for the severe lockdown weeks.

Finally I sorted out my shoes and sandals, putting the winter ones away in a box. I cleaned a couple of pairs. Altogether I counted 18 pairs! Oh dear, I don’t even live here .... mind you there were a couple of nice surprises. I ‘found’ a gorgeous pair of fuchsia suede with a block heel that I’d bought in Fuengirola 18 months ago and were still unworn in their box and a pair I’d brought over from M&S in cream suede with a large ‘jewel’ front that I’d clocked once as I walked through the store and fell in love with.

Now it’s time to rotate and wear them all! Instead of sticking to about 3 favourites. Shows what we can do without really. I think lockdown will change my habits and mindset.

When I saw you were second up this morning I thought you had news for us mancgirl! Soon eh? Hope all goes well.

I adore the scent of honeysuckle grandMattie I could drown in it.

Hope Sunday is kind to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Marydoll Sun 31-May-20 07:28:18

Good morning Mick and all. It's a beautiful morning here in Glasgow and I too was woken by the sun streaming in.

I looked in the mirror and Biggles is looking back at me.
Despite sitting in the shade, my face, ( especially my nose), is very sunburned.
Unfortunately, I have two white rings, where my glasses were. I look very silly, but as I will see no-one, it won't matter..?

We had a lovely, surprise visit from DS2 and his fiancée yesterday.
Unfortunately he chose to arrive at the same time as his sibling rival DD, who was not amused.
DD has a plan, sticks to that plan and nothing can upset it.
I taught children like her.
DD was rightly concerned, as it meant that there were people of more than one household there.
Stand off at the OK corral! ?.

Future DIL had some very sad news to tell us.
Her maternal grandfather in Manchester has terminal lung cancer, but her mother, working in Covid ICU in Glasgow is unable to see him, because of her job and passing on infection. She is understandably distraught that she can't say her goodbyes in person.?
Life for some, is unbearable.

We are off out early for a quick walk across the field to get papers and fresh rolls for today's barbecue. DH is champing at the bit to get out. He forgets how long it takes me to unloosen!

We live near the golf course and the shop will be full of those early morning golfers, desperate to play, now golf is allowed.
I shall have to stay well away from the shop in the field to stay safe, while DH goes in. They we have the whole stripping at the door palaver, when we get back.

I heard on the late news last night that shielding in England advice will be relaxed today. I fear it is far too soon. ☹️
Why have I been told it will be at least September, before I can come to hospital for treatment? It's too risky just now.?
Mixed messages from the experts.

A read of the papers, online Mass and a BBQ in store. A pleasant day ahead, I hope.

Have a pleasant day everyone. Bluesapphire, hoping your day is an improvement. ?

Marydoll Sun 31-May-20 07:29:43

PS. Fingers crossed for Mancgirl and a her family.

Pantglas2 Sun 31-May-20 07:39:43

Morning all from sunny and still north Wales where the wind of last night has blown away!

Saw the Musk rocket south west of the half moon last night, it was so clear!

Not a lot planned today- a book to finish and return to DD when we finally see them tomorrow evening. Will trot for a newspaper once I shift myself then potter in the kitchen - a Tesco paella this evening so no great effort on my part needed!

How lovely manc a baby to look forward to - none on our horizon (that I know of!) our grandchildren are a bit slow in that department and their parents have shut up shop!

Stay safe everyone x

Pittcity Sun 31-May-20 07:40:20

Good morning from sunny Colchester. A nice breeze makes this ideal weather if it wasn't for the high pollen count.
A socially distanced walk with DD and DGS this morning and a family online quiz this afternoon followed by roast beef.
We stood out the front with the neighbours to watch the space station pass last night. All much more friendly since lockdown.

Nortsat Sun 31-May-20 07:45:54

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from sunny east London, where the temperature is already 15 !

The BBC advises that we shielders can go out for an hour per day, henceforth. I will have a walk later but before it gets too hot and I will definitely take my hat. It will be my first trip outside the house or garden for 9 weeks.

I am going to roast a piece of pork shortly, before the day heats up and I think I’ll serve it with a rice salad tonight.

My partner’s nephew is an academic in a University in southern England. He is beginning to build a reputation in his field, with articles published in newspapers etc. He was interviewed on the BBC tv news on Friday ... causing much pride in the family!!

Have a good day, all and special good thoughts to those who need them. ?

brook2704 Sun 31-May-20 07:53:03

Enjoy your first walk outside norsat and take care - I think you’ll definitely need your hat ! ?

mancgirl Sun 31-May-20 07:55:36

Thanks for your comments re baby Manc. everyone. I'll let you know. We don't know what we are having, so even more exciting. Puzzler I did indeed watch Take That. Thought it was really good. Just getting into my stride with the singing and clapping when they finished! I thought I was in for at least an hour grin

Brunette10 Sun 31-May-20 07:56:29

Good Morning from Fife. Some clouds in the sky and not as warm as yesterday, however I have hope it will be a pleasant enough day. I fear everything seems to be going quite fast considering the announcements here in Scotland on Friday to be able to meet one household at a time. DD sent pictures last night of people who do not live in the same household gathering in masses. It frightens me to think we are moving far too quickly. I hope everything calms down a bit. No plans for today but there is always something to do so I shall go and look to see what it will be today wink. Marydoll oh dear. Hope everyone has a good day, take care.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 31-May-20 07:58:55

Morning all from a sunny South Notts. Shopping planned a bit later, after a little drive out to make sure the car battery doesn't die on me.
Laptop behaving better after advice from Marydoll thanks. We rely on technology don't we? We feel upset when it doesn't behave.
Hope all is well for everyone and hope things get better for those with worries.

dragonfly46 Sun 31-May-20 08:08:26

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Will go out for a walk but as we live at the end of fields no distancing problems.
Roast beef for dinner.

Stay safe everyone.

Urmstongran Sun 31-May-20 08:11:06

X postsagain with you Marydoll
??‍♀️

Grammaretto Sun 31-May-20 08:16:25

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Another sunny day in prospect. DD is going to attempt to visit us today. The first time since Christmas. I am not letting myself get too excited. She doesn't like motorway driving on her own so may turn back
We are still confused about the shielding. only 7% of the UK population have had the virus even though the death toll is terrible.
Fingers crossed for the new arrival Manc and for your DD scentia
2 friends sent me photos of their sunburn yesterday MaryDoll so I can imagine yours and hope it's not sore.
Better get outside for breakfast before it gets too hot!!!

Urmstongran Sun 31-May-20 08:18:08

The loosening of lockdown advice varies so much doesn’t it?

In the U.K. people are crowding onto beaches - yet out here they (and parks) are not even open! But over here, bars and cafes are 50% capacity, hairdressers and nail salons have been open 3 weeks but not in the U.K.!