Gransnet forums

Chat

Today I’m having a party ?

(12 Posts)
PamelaJ1 Mon 01-Jun-20 09:47:58

My sister and her DH and my DD & DGS are coming round.
I can’t believe how excited I am!
I have seen DGS and DD because I have been meeting them for tennis but haven’t seen my Sister since January.

I’ve set out the dining arrangements and am now in the process of splitting up the food. Utensils are in the dish washer as I type and will be carried and divided up by me with my gloves on. I really cannot see how we could contaminate each other.
We are having cheese and biscuits to end our meal and each couple will have their own cheese knife and only be allowed one chance to help themselves.

Toilets- we have 3 so I have thoroughly disinfected one, We haven’t used it for 4 days, put antiseptic wipes in there for the doors, flush and taps plus flannels and a bin for hand washing, so no cross infection.

Any more tips welcome but please don’t tell me we are being irresponsible.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 01-Jun-20 09:49:16

Blimey I would think you need recommendations for exhaustion!!

Pantglas2 Mon 01-Jun-20 09:56:54

Well done you Pamela - all precautions taken and distancing complied with so a good time will be had by all!

Hetty58 Mon 01-Jun-20 10:01:01

That's an awful lot of preparation and work - it won't be a relaxed get together with distancing - so I'll stick to Zoom for now!

PamelaJ1 Mon 01-Jun-20 10:06:33

Hetty, it will be very relaxed, why wouldn’t it be? Actually it’s a relief to have something to plan and do.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 01-Jun-20 10:10:52

pamelaj please take my post as a bit if fun..
I wish you a very happy day.

My son and dil came around on Saturday and my goodness I enjoyed it. All social distanced if course.n

Nannylovesshopping Mon 01-Jun-20 10:23:38

Sounds absolutely lovely PamelaJ1 hope you have a wonderful time, I’m going to dinner tonight in my daughters garden, so looking forward to that very much.

Smileless2012 Mon 01-Jun-20 10:25:10

It sounds wonderful Pamela have a great timesmile

grannylyn65 Mon 01-Jun-20 10:32:04

Oh God send in the troops I only have one toilet ??

Lucca Mon 01-Jun-20 10:39:00

I spent Saturday with my family for the first time since start of March.
I honestly felt like I had had a holiday
I don’t think we were as well organised as you but we did our best !
Many many undistanced groups in the parkland near me yesterday though.
People walking together etc

JenniferEccles Mon 01-Jun-20 10:55:55

It sounds lovely and you seem to have thought of everything!

We are so lucky that this wonderful weather is continuing aren’t we?

We have had family round individually and like you we’ve been in the garden and they only came in to use the downstairs loo.

Ours have brought their own food though!

Kate54 Mon 01-Jun-20 10:57:12

Not irresponsible at all - following the rules to the letter and some, I reckon! Many people* decided to do this sort of thing over the weekend. Lovely garden by the way!
* whole new thread waiting to be created about the definite phenomenon of people, including on GN and in my own family,somehow subconsciously thinking rules have changed when they haven’t. It’s not deliberate. Perhaps it’s just a way or coping.