Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(50 Posts)
12Michael Tue 02-Jun-20 06:12:59

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a blue sky with some cloud over Brackley this morning.
I had a phone call yesterday as to two planned theatre trips , one had been already cancelled from its March date ,and the other has been cancelled, the good side I having paid in full will get the money back , only hope I can see the shows next year.
One and most obvious is the 2m ruling for shows , so a coach party group wo would normally be placed in certain rows, would be very badly done, with that ruling so every other row would be empty then every 3rd seat you would have someone, as to couples unsure how it would work .
Take Care
Mick

Beechnut Tue 02-Jun-20 06:28:40

Good Morning Mick and all who follow from sunny Severnside.

I had a lovely walk by the river yesterday and saw my brother for a quick chat later.
Today is some admin first thing and a visit to the post office, some house work and enjoy the sun. Rain forecast for tomorrow.

Take care everyone ?

Scentia Tue 02-Jun-20 06:36:28

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. In Nottingham at the moment coming to the end of another night shift, I was called upon last minute so I didn’t really sleep much yesterday! To say I am ready for my bed is an understatement ?
I will get home about 9.00 and after a bike ride with the pooch I am going to take a bath and get into bed, I aim to sleep all day?
I am working tomorrow for 6 days straight, I am loving my job and that is lucky as I am always working! My DH is glad I have this job as we have no orders in the factory at the moment?
I went to see DD yesterday and she was very happy she has Morning Sickness as she now feels pregnant and that has cheered her up after her scary few days? I cleaned her kitchen for her as ‘apparently’ the cleaning spray makes her feel sick, how convenient!!!
I do hope you all have a good day and please stay safe everyone❤️

Ginny42 Tue 02-Jun-20 06:39:12

Good morning Mick and all who follow. The sky is quite dramatic with Mares' Tail clouds this morning. They're very high and rather beautiful. The sun is up though, but it's cooler in Cheshire.

I hadn't thought about the seating arrangements in theatres, Mick but it makes sense to wait anyway don't you think? Things will work out in time.

I completed an OU course yesterday and I know a little more about modern art now. Think I may brush up on my French next and it's free. Keeps me out of mischief.

Not a lot planned, but I will get out for a walk and then see what the day brings. My DD calls me several times a day about this and that, sometimes work and sometimes because she feels cut off too. They would normally be coming for a month at the end of June, but that's not going to happen.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe. Enjoy seeing family and friends if able to. flowers

NfkDumpling Tue 02-Jun-20 06:43:41

Morning Mick, morning Beechnut, morning All

Another beautiful day which apparently we have to make the most of as we’ll need to light fires and get woolly cardigans out again tomorrow.

I fear Mick, that theatre and coach trips won’t be practicable until the virus has reached a manageable level and social distancing is down to under half a metre. It’d push prices up too high otherwise.

We had a lovely spontaneous day out on the river yesterday, apart from chugging up one dead end to look for otter (none). It has a very tight turning bay at the top end with gardens, and one garden has a seat looking onto it. Yesterday, a couple were sitting there and we realised why the seat was there. Very entertaining watching people struggle to turn! Our little boat doesn’t do backwards direction at all well (Something to do with screws and rudders and water) and we made a right hash of it!

An at home day today. Tesco order expected.

NfkDumpling Tue 02-Jun-20 06:44:17

Morning Ginny, morning Scentia

Puzzler61 Tue 02-Jun-20 06:46:17

Good morning Mick, Beechnut, and all Good Morning’ers.
Yet another sunny morning In Worcs. - it’s like being on the Riviera.
I had tickets for a show when the theatres were closed Mick. They e mailed at a later date and said it would be appreciated if the ticket cost could be gifted to the theatre as it would help them cope with their income having stopped so abruptly.
As it’s a community arts centre/theatre/cinema run largely by a cooperative of sponsors and volunteers I agreed. I really hope they survive and reopen, it’s a wonderful place where I go at least once a month.
Yesterday something delightful happened out of the blue. My sister who has been shielding and reticent to come out of her own home telephoned and said could she visit me in my garden. I shouted “Yes please” into the phone and she said “look outside” and her car was already on the drive. It was very emotional. We sat on chairs under trees 2 metres apart where it was cooler and had a brilliant chat and catch up ( although we phone every day).
My darling sister had dressed up and looked very pretty in a summer skirt, top and chunky beads all beautifully coordinated. I was donning my baggy garden shorts and a grubby t shirt. But it didn’t matter a bit! It was bliss ?
Wishing all a nice surprise today, or at least relief from pain and any worries or sadness some are going through.
It will all pass. ?

Ginny42 Tue 02-Jun-20 06:57:49

How lovely to see your sister Puzzler. and what a surprise that she was outside already. My sister said yesterday it would be so nice to be able to meet up soon. A bit too far at the moment, but soon I hope.

Urmstongran Tue 02-Jun-20 07:01:24

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga ?

We went along the paseo yesterday. It’s all starting to open. Some of the chiringuitas were being made ready. A few people, not many at all, were on the beach either on their own chairs or towels under parasols ? as attendants were in the process of setting up the sunbeds - a bigger distance than usual between. I think the resort will be quieter than usual this summer anyway.

It was lovely to be beside the sea! A gorgeous afternoon and another small step towards normality. Waiters singing and whistling, smiling and cheerfully calling out ‘buenos Dias!’.
?

No deaths in Spain yesterday from coronovirus which was heartening news.

Hope Tuesday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

kittylester Tue 02-Jun-20 07:21:48

Good morning all from a very sunny North Leicestershire.

We have loads of money owed from Theatres for plays and concerts that have not gone ahead. No refunds forthcoming yet apart from Cheltenham Jazz Festival. DH happily donated to them but I am not feeling so generous towards the ones that are keeping the money for when the event eventually goes ahead. And, one theatre has gone bankrupt already - which is very sad.

Today we are having a practice run for starting the Carer's courses on line - wish me luck!!

Take care and keep safe everyone!

Pantglas2 Tue 02-Jun-20 07:23:49

Morning all from a sunny north Wales where the morning chorus seems never ending today - noisy little blighters!

Nothing planned today but it was lovely to dress up yesterday (nice frock and heels) to meet DD and family in the sunshine for a few hours.

Cinemas and theatre visits seem such a long way off don’t they? All in good time folks x

Beechnut Tue 02-Jun-20 07:30:23

Perhaps the seat sitters award points for boat turning skills NfkDumpling ?

dragonfly46 Tue 02-Jun-20 07:33:36

Good morning from probably the last sunny day for a while in Leicestershire.

Lovely that Spain is opening up Urmston. It is changing here slightly although I am still very nervous about it.

Rotten day yesterday. Our neighbour came round to shout at us for cutting back his tree. I must admit the guy who did it was a little zealous. When the houses were built the builder planted a willow within 3 feet of our house and a wild cherry about 10 feet away but both on our neighbours land. With much persuasion after offering to pay, the willow was chopped down. The wild cherry has now spread its roots near our house. He was not too happy when I told him he was liable for any damage caused. It is very upsetting as we have always got on well with our neighbours.

Nothing planned today except a short walk. Tidied the wardrobe out yesterday!

Hope every one is feeling well and Gilly has her letter.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 02-Jun-20 07:35:44

Good morning Mick and all x

Another beautiful day here in S E Essex ?

I finished all the ironing yesterday and sorted out the bedrooms DD and GC had been using for the last 10 weeks ready for my lovely cleaners tomorrow. This morning I shall sort out our online food order and add DD's onto it a safe she doesn't want to go to supermarket with two children. Off to the farm shop this afternoon for fruit and veggies.

Enjoy your paseo Urmstongran it will feel more like a holiday as things begin to open up.

How lovely to see your sister Puzzler71 in these strange times it is the little things that make the big differences.

Keep safe and well folks and have an enjoyable Tuesday ?

Grammaretto Tue 02-Jun-20 07:42:13

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Another hot dry day here but it's not to last!
How nice it must have been to sit with your DSis Puzzler its quite a different catchup.
NfkD that river boat sounds like heaven.
I am happy for your DD and you Scentia
Our friend dropped by yesterday. He brought the ingredients for a fine picnic meal so we sat in the garden until it was cool with our strawberries, cream and wine talking about old times.
Busy Tuesday with yoga on zoom and our food delivery. grin
The days go very quickly for some reason.

Gingster Tue 02-Jun-20 07:42:35

Good morning all. I wake up earlier every morning. I try to stay in bed til 6.30 but I might just as well get up as I’m wide awake. I used to love lying abed but not now.

A bit cooler this morning . I have a friend coming for coffee and a catch up. We are really appreciating our friends and family now aren’t we.

Had DD and little GD round yesterday and had a lovely time in the garden. Eldest GD coming today, she was due to take her A levels but of course they were cancelled . Also due to take her driving test, and go on holiday with friends for the first time. Feel so sorry for the youngsters having their lives curtailed . Hopefully the universities will re open in September but it looks unlikely.

DH played 9 holes of gold yesterday . The first time since his TIA. He said he felt ok but he seems very lethargic and doesn’t have much motivation. Do you think this is ‘normal’ ? Still recovering? Any thoughts?

We’ll have a good day all, weather worsening from tomorrow. ?

brook2704 Tue 02-Jun-20 07:43:47

Good morning everyone from a slightly cloudy Inverness, it’s turning a bit cooler now but I’m hoping the sunny weather will come back soon

nfk your trip on the river sounds idyllic - I’ve always enjoyed being near water, either the beach or a river so I’ll maybe go down to the River Ness later today for a meander...

scentia enjoy your well earned rest and don’t work too hard ! I feel so lazy in comparison ... well done in completing your OU course Ginny and good on you for having the commitment study like that ?

Gillgran little DGS loved his first day back at nursery in Cambridge yesterday, DD1 seems quite relaxed about it all and his brother who’s in the reception year at school is due back next week. Lots of precautions in place so will see how it goes ....

Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and for those with extra worries and struggles I hope things improve soon.

Take care everyone ?

Brunette10 Tue 02-Jun-20 07:45:07

It's another gorgeous day here in Fife, Good Morning to all and to those who follow. It's DD birthday today so we will be able to see her for a short time, can't wait. Not quite the same celebrations as would have liked but I'm grateful for what we have. Weather to break down tomorrow for us here in Scotland so will make the most of what we have today. Could get used to this bright spot appearing in the sky every day wink. Hoping all are well and goes without saying thinking of those feeling bit down just now and with worries. Keep your chin up.

Pittcity Tue 02-Jun-20 07:47:05

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Need to stock up in Lidl then a usual day of lazing in the garden.
I am getting used to this life.

grannysyb Tue 02-Jun-20 07:55:00

Good morning all, sunny here. Sitting in queue for the tip again! Plans for today are making soup, some admin and a Zoom this afternoon with friends.

Lins1066 Tue 02-Jun-20 08:00:29

Good Morning Mick and all from a sunny S Welsh coast.
One lot of sheets already on the line and another load in the machine, going to make the most of the sunshine today as the weather is set to change.
Your Tales from the Riverbank sounds wonderful nfk.
It is nice to hear about GN's meeting up with friends.
An upsetting encounter dragonfly, hope you have a better day today.
Some letters and emails to write this morning. Our phone line is faulty, BT have promised to fix the problem by the end of Thursday.
I am going to make some stuffed bell peppers with feta and whatever else I have in the fridge and pantry, watch this space.
Stay safe everyone.

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 02-Jun-20 08:07:14

Good morning from east London, bright and sunny again. You can blame me for the forecast change in weather; the sun cream I ordered arrived yesterday and my new sandals are finally on their way. First game of tennis doubles in 11 weeks this morning; we had been playing as two lots of singles so merged as the directive was changed. I’m on washing duty after as DP wants to work on prepping the site for the new garden shed. Then ‘ who knows where the time goes’; have a good day.

Marydoll Tue 02-Jun-20 08:09:38

Good morning Mick and all the early risers from a slightly cloudy Glasgow, but the sun can be seen trying to break through.

Mick even if the shows were able to go ahead, all the bus operators here, who would have organised trips to them, have gone into administration. It's such a terrible situation, so many jobs lost.

Scentia, you must be exhausted after an unexpected shift, but welcome work since your factory has no orders.

Dragonfly, I'm sorry you had a rotten day yesterday. ?That is the last thing you need.
I hadn't realised how far tree roots can grow, until we built an extension a few years ago.
When the foundations were built, the builders found that the roots from the trees in the grassy area next to our house had come right up to the foundations of our house. ? I do like trees, but not that much as to compromise the structure of my home!

It wasn't a good day for me either yesterday. I had a massive wobble, just a combination of many things. My usual positivity just disappeared and I went into castastrophising mode! sad.
Seeing lockdown restrictions easing, didn't help either, since I know it will be a long time before I ever get out.
Added to that DIL was going to visit her mother, who has broken every Covid regulation in the book, over and over again.
We were all worrying that she would try and hug DGD, as she has been doing to everyone she meets. However, DIL was trying to build bridges with her mother, who totally ignored her and DGD the other day, when they came down to borrow something from me. angry
The Covid rules don't apply to her. She actually made a joke about it and said the neighbours could report her if they wanted! ?

I hadn't heard from DD since her weekend strop, we usually speak a few times a day, that was eating away at me and adding fuel to the negativity.
She phoned and instead of making things up, we had a massive fall out, I think everything is getting to her and of course, unfortunately I got the brunt of it.
To cut a long story short, a beautiful bouquet arrived late afternoon, from DD with an apology. ? So the world is almost back in equilibrium.

I have to do some cleaning today. The heat does not suit me, so I have been slacking! grin. Just before going to bed last night, I realised the kitchen doors needed wiped down and the floors done. sad A deep clean of the bathrooms is also on the agenda. I really haven't the energy. grin

Take care everyone and try to have the best day you can. I hope BlueSapphire is feeling a wee bit better and if Megs got out for her first walk?

I'm off to open my unruly (and rude) maths class. I won't be sparing the rod, today. They are very spoiled children and need taken in hand!

Gelisajams Tue 02-Jun-20 08:11:45

Good morning from a sunny Morecambe Bay. Got an invitation to DS1’s BBQ this afternoon so we are going down early and calling in on a friend en route. She was delighted when we said we could call as she has been isolating alone. Real 3D people she said! All socially distanced and outside of course. We will take our little camper van rather than the car so we have our own facilities. The longer this virus lasts the more neurotic I’m getting!
DS1 has done a lot of work on his garden which is why he’s having the BBQ. He couldn’t do it yesterday as he was working. 2 of my sons work 4on 4off in completely different jobs but they are both on the same shift which is helpful for our occasional full family meet-ups. DS 2 won’t be joining us today though as he would exceed the permitted 6 people.
Take care all and stay safe?

Auntieflo Tue 02-Jun-20 08:17:55

Good morning Mick, Annie and all, from a bright, sunny bit of Berks.
DH will be sitting in a queue for the tip just after lunch time, meanwhile I will probably plough through the ironing after yesterdays laundry session.
I finally finished the jumper I was knitting, so that will come in handy if the weather turns cooler, and I was so relieved that I had enough wool to finish it.
Loved the sound of your river trip NfkD.
Have a good day one and all.