Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(72 Posts)
12Michael Wed 03-Jun-20 06:22:51

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey and cooler start here in Brackley at the moment also its dry.
Today , hopefully que up at Waitrose , get a few things , then return and lockdown for rest of the day.
It still remains quite locally where I am , seeing little movement of people.
Take Care
Mick

Pantglas2 Wed 03-Jun-20 06:30:57

Ooh where did my north Wales sunshine go this wet, grey, miserable morning? I know my dad will tell me later that the gardens need it!

I’ll do some sewing/hemming in the conservatory later, it’s been too hot in their for months now so that’ll be another job done!

Hope all who follow have better weather than me!

Pantglas2 Wed 03-Jun-20 06:32:22

their? how did that slip through under the radar - there!

Beechnut Wed 03-Jun-20 06:32:31

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where we have grey cloud. No rain yet.

I found it a hot sticky day yesterday so had an early evening shower, poured a G&T and sat outside in the cool as the sun went down. Lots of birds flying about and a visit from a neighbours cat.

Today I’ll work in the house and make soup for lunch.

Hope you all have a good day whatever you do ?

kittylester Wed 03-Jun-20 06:35:45

Morning Mick, mirning all.

We have light rain in North Leicestershire. Dh has a hospital appointment at 9 am so he has to leave home at 8. I would normally drive him but he will be there 3 hours and I would have to wait in the car.

We have someone coming to redo our front garden this morning too.

This aftrnoon we are going to see 2 of our grandchildren - no hugging. sad

Stay safe!!

Scentia Wed 03-Jun-20 06:36:38

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. A little grey and damp this morning, nature could do with a little rain though.
I am off to work today for the start of a 6 day run of various shifts. I took delivery of my replacement log for the swing I have built yesterday afternoon so I put that all together. I made it interchangeable for me and DGS. I am pleased with my efforts if I go say so myself.
Hope everyone has a good day and stay safe everyone.❤️

Puzzler61 Wed 03-Jun-20 06:53:52

Good morning Mick, Good morning All and Good job Scentia. That swing is superb and will be much used I think.

It’s grey with the start of some rain in Worcs. Cool air is coming in through the bedroom window and is very welcome.

A grocery delivery today, opening a new jigsaw - I have quite a few new ones to choose from - and I might watch some daytime tv if the rain persists. There’s a Lasagne I made yesterday for tea, so just a salad to rustle up later.

Stay safe everyone I’m not sure if we’re coming out of this blooming virus anytime soon - as another thread says Matt Hancock is confusing me more each day on the TV briefing with his Covid statistics. I think I’ll ask Miss Marydoll if she can do a Maths class on his method of counting! ?

Urmstongran Wed 03-Jun-20 06:54:20

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga ? where the temperature hit 32°C yesterday afternoon as we walked along the paseo.

Are you tempted to come out next month Pantglas when the flights will be back on?

We have such a small apartment there’s nowt to do in it apart from an occasional mop of the tiles, clean the bathroom and a wipe down of half a dozen surfaces with a damp cloth if feeling energetic. No wonder every day is a holiday here! Very relaxing.

Himself is out for his brisk walk. Doubtless we shall go out for a stroll later.

Yesterday we walked up into Arroyo, down to Paloma Park (still closed - 2 weeks till parks open I think), along the paseo from there almost into Torremolinos. We were out 5 hours in total but we did stop for a coffee in Arroyo and a crisp, cold G&T at Antonio’s bar on La Carihuela. Sat at a table, under a cobalt blue sky, under the shade of the trees (I love green next to blue) looking at the Mediterranean. There were only a handful of people on the white sand - it all looked picture perfect.

I’d love a turn on your swing Scentia. I’m very impressed by your talents!

Hope Wednesday is kind to us all. Keep safe that’s the main thing. x

dragonfly46 Wed 03-Jun-20 06:55:25

Good morning, hoorah it has rained in Leicestershire. The gardens will soak it up. I love the variety of weather here and the smell of the rain.

I filled 4 plastic bags with shredding yesterday so my office looks neater.

The swing looks great Scentia.

Hope everyone is feeling well.

Urmstongran Wed 03-Jun-20 07:01:28

How are you feeling dragonfly today regards your neighbour and the pruning of that tree? I hope as the days go by any ill feeling on his part subsides. Falling out with neighbours must be awkward and upsetting.

Newquay Wed 03-Jun-20 07:14:41

Know what you mean about neighbours. We’ve always had lovely neighbours including lady next door but she’s definitely becoming more isolated and eccentric. We’ve having water cut off here every evening so tried to take some water round to her, she didn’t answer door and her mob and landline don’t work now either. She’s started to rescue animals-5 cats and 3 yappy dogs. Cat poo everywhere and they’re lying in wait for birds too and fighting with other cats. So difficult to live next to ?

Grammaretto Wed 03-Jun-20 07:16:03

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. We had rain overnight but it's dry and bright now.
We are the sick man of Europe Urmston everyone is to be welcomed back to holiday resorts apart from the Brits and the Swedes.

I do hope there isn't a rush to get back to how it was before but I fear there will be.
Today is virtual yarn group so I can at last show off my finished knitting. a baby jumper
The swing is very good Scentia
I hope we all have a happy day.

Ginny42 Wed 03-Jun-20 07:16:53

Good morning Mick and everyone from a rainy morning in Cheshire. I've been standing watching the rain and enjoying the cooler air. I cut lots of roses last night as the rain would surely have ruined them. The rest of the garden heaved a sigh of relief!

I was upset yesterday to watch as two beautiful trees were cut down opposite and the noise of the chainsaw and shredder was horrible. There's just a huge gap now. I couldn't bear to watch in the end and went in till is was all over.

I must colour my hair this morning as I have a video conference this afternoon. 'Nough said! They might not recognise me otherwise.

Is there no end to your talent Scentia? Where do you get your energy from? The swing looks very professional.

It will be raincoat and wellie boots on for a walk this morning.

Hope everyone is coping in whatever way you see best. flowers

NfkDumpling Wed 03-Jun-20 07:21:26

Morning All

Its sunny and still here in the north of Norfolk, but there’s black clouds lurking in the west over Will’s mother’s.

I may just have to clean the house today.

Love the hammock Scentia. And I think DGS may prefer it too!

I hope your neighbours have calmed down today dragonfly. Trees and overhanging stuff always looked different from the other side of the fence.

dragonfly46 Wed 03-Jun-20 07:30:22

Fortunately we do not have much to do with the neighbours on that side. There is a tiny stream which runs on their land between us and them. The offending tree is on our side of the stream so they are not affected by roots. I am concerned about the damage it will do but nothing I can do about it until it happens.
I do think he was quite shocked when he rang to see a bald lady at the door. None of them know I have been ill at their end of the road.

cornergran Wed 03-Jun-20 07:34:53

Morning Mick, morning All from a cloudy corner of Somerset. Just a few spots of rain, hoping we don’t get a deluge to wreck the climbing rose, covered in bloom, I took a photo yesterday - just in case. Ant invasion in the kitchen, there is an electronic ant scarer in there, obviously they aren’t scared. Cleaning and other boring stuff here today. Hope your neighbour has calmed down dragonfly, people have short fuses at the moment. Be kind to yourselves everyone.

NfkDumpling Wed 03-Jun-20 07:36:19

grin. Bet you got him talking after you left Dragonfly! I can’t believe how stupid the builder was putting in trees so close to your house.

Nortsat Wed 03-Jun-20 07:37:19

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from a grey but pleasantly cool east London.

I have received my replacement ‘wretched phone’ and it’s now fully charged, so please cross your fingers for me, when I test it later.

I think my day will be much as it was yesterday... bit of housework, ipad, garden and a bit of cooking.
We had our supper in the garden yesterday as the day cooled down and we enjoyed a cold lager with it.

I plan a stir fry for this evening, as I have quite a few vegetables in the fridge which should make a tasty meal.

Have a good day all and special good thoughts to those who need them. ?

brook2704 Wed 03-Jun-20 07:37:45

Good morning everyone from a dry cloudy Inverness. Yesterday was a wash out - it started raining in the morning and didn’t stop all day ☹️

Despite the rain I still went for a lovely walk with my brolly down by the River Ness. I really enjoyed it as it was the first time I’d been into town since March. Nothing open though except a little riverside kiosk for take away coffee etc.
Your walk sounds idyllic urmston - I do wish I was there in Malaga in the sunshine sipping a cool G&T watching the world go by ... ?

scentia how clever are you building that swing - I’m really impressed , well done !

I’ll be pottering in the garden today and then later on some decluttering. I’ve seem to have accumulated a random selection of old technology - old phones, plug adapters, phone cables, chargers etc that all need sorting out and disposing of in some way...

Hope everyone has the best day they can and stay safe ?

monk08 Wed 03-Jun-20 07:38:30

Morning from the black country rain overnight still a bit grey looking hope it holds out while queuing for weekly shop. Scentia your swing looks very inviting, but may I compliment you on the lawn what my DH would give for one so lush looking envy

Urmstongran Wed 03-Jun-20 07:44:05

I thought Scentia’s grass was artificial!
?

Gingster Wed 03-Jun-20 07:47:43

Good morning all and it’s overcast here in Essex. I do hope we have some rain. A quiet day for us today after yesterday’s lovely meet ups with a friend for coffee in the morning and family for afternoon tea. We had so much to catch-up on,

Your swing looks so inviting Scentia did you make it all yourself? How relaxing!

Neighbours can be so lovely and also so annoying, can’t they. We have two yappy dogs at the side of us and they can really disrupt our peace. We have asked them to let them in when they go on and on and on. It works for a while but then returns back to how it was. Oh well, back to peaceful Suffolk next week ?

Enjoy your day everyone. ?

Marydoll Wed 03-Jun-20 07:48:38

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow, with a glimmer of sunhine behind the clouds. What a change from yesterday! We had torrential rain last night, which delighted DH who is trying to repair the bald patches on HIS lawn.

The cooler weather suits me fine, I foolishly decided to clean the house yesterday and overdid it as usual.
I'm just going to have an easier day today.
I had a terrrible night's sleep last night, every poster on GN seemed to feature in my weird dreams! grin
It's that blooming maths class to blame!

Does anyone find that despite being pretty skilled at using technology in the past, everything becomes a big deal, when we get older? I used to run the tech in a school for goodness sake and now everything is a big deal!
I'm the treasurer of a voluntary group and a new bank card came in yesterday. I haven't logged onto the account for ages and I couldn't for the life of me remember the details. I had written them down, but disguised the details.
However, I couldn't make head nor tale of the disguised notes! ?
It involved using a card reader and codes, but I eventually managed to register the new card, to my great relief! grin

Scentia, I misread your post and thought you had adapted the swing for your husband, instead of your grandson, until I saw the blue seat!!! ?

DD has just about to arrive with my shopping, after braving Morrisons early this morning. I have an electronic shopping list and I can hear it pinging, as she works her way around the store! I don't how how we would have managed without her support.

Have the best day you can, everyone. Got to go!

monk08 Wed 03-Jun-20 07:57:04

Did wonder Urmstongran but didn't like to saysmile

Sar53 Wed 03-Jun-20 07:59:14

Good morning everyone from a decidedly cloudy and cooler Essex by the sea. I had a very bad night's sleep, kept waking up very hot.
I have a gammon to roast and a tea loaf to make this morning whilst DH is on a conference call with work.
The gates to our flats seem to have stopped working so a phone call to the people who service them is next on the list.
Have the best day you can and stay safe everyone xx