Gransnet forums

Chat

What’s the best thing to happen for you in this last week?

(140 Posts)
lemongrove Thu 04-Jun-20 11:10:30

The best thing for me was when DGS ( teenager) turned up at the door bearing a large bag of flour, he knew I hadn’t been able to get any via delivered shopping.?
The other thing was when DD called round on Monday and we sat in the garden with iced drinks and chatted for an hour.

Pantglas2 Thu 04-Jun-20 11:26:21

Similar for me Lemongrove - meeting my DD and family on Monday afternoon, release day in Wales!

flaxwoven Thu 04-Jun-20 12:14:02

Best things this week was socially distancing in daughter's garden and singing Happy Birthday as 4 year old grandson blew out his candles!

Kate1949 Thu 04-Jun-20 12:18:23

Socially distanced chat with DD for her and DGD's birthdays. Oh and winning £75 on the Premium Bonds!

MiniMoon Thu 04-Jun-20 12:29:42

DH and I went to visit his Aunt. She showed us the progress she has made creating her garden. It is beautiful, and slopes down towards a river. It gets bigger every time we visit.
It's the first time I've been anywhere, except around here for my walk, since the end of February.

Greenfinch Thu 04-Jun-20 12:41:19

My twin grandchildren became teenagers on Sunday. It was lovely to have a small family get together in our garden knowing we were keeping to the rules. The weather was lovely too. I don't know what we would have done if it had rained.

Newquay Thu 04-Jun-20 13:24:35

Well we heard from (local) 2nd eldest DGD she’d had the marks for two of her essays for her history Uni finals. She said she has 76% for one-we we’re SO pleased (70% being a first as many of you will know) and then-ta! Dah! NINETY % for the second. How proud are we?

Jane10 Thu 04-Jun-20 13:35:05

Was out paying the paper bill and wondered what else I could then I remembered that now I could visit DD. We had mugs of tea in the front garden and had a good catch up. Simple pleasures.

lemongrove Thu 04-Jun-20 13:47:49

Isn’t it lovely to see our families properly again, albeit in the garden.So nice for those who had their DGC’s birthdays to celebrate and actually be with them to blow out candles.?
It really is the simple pleasures of life isn’t it? That sense of normality that we all need.

Judy54 Thu 04-Jun-20 13:52:08

Celebrating my birthday in lock down. It was one of the best birthdays I have ever had. Lots of calls from family and friends, delivery of flowers and champagne and quite a number of cards. Mr J cooked me a superb meal and we had a lovely bottle of wine. Not the celebration we had planned but it was a perfect day!

Teetime Thu 04-Jun-20 14:31:31

Seeing my lovely grandson on my mobile phone on his 16th birthday and seeing the short video my daughter had placed on Facebook of him playing acoustic guitar in their garden. I missed him but he had a good birthday and that's fine by me.

Alima Thu 04-Jun-20 14:38:59

Seeing our youngest daughter and our grandson. Closely followed by the fact that DD1 now has a buyer for her house at last. Knowing we will get to see her soon too.

Kate1949 Thu 04-Jun-20 14:39:16

Yes it is lemongrove

Charleygirl5 Thu 04-Jun-20 14:45:00

Mine was more down to earth- my monthly hospital appointment. Lovely (for me) sitting in a near-empty waiting room as I am classed as vital to be seen and treated. Suits me.

AGAA4 Thu 04-Jun-20 15:24:09

Actually SEEING my son on Monday for the first time in months. I felt so much better afterwards.

Harris27 Thu 04-Jun-20 15:30:50

After going out for a drive to a local beauty spot and eating fish and chips on my husbands birthday on Tuesday.

Chewbacca Thu 04-Jun-20 15:40:58

2 lovely things this week:

My lovely neighbours treated themselves to a new garden swing seat last weekend and they gave me their old one, complete with canopy, seat cushions and covers.

My oldest and closest friend came and sat in my garden for a long chat and catch up on a lovely sunny evening this week.

vampirequeen Thu 04-Jun-20 15:45:49

Weight loss now at 61 lbs.

Finally managed to cycle all the way up the 'impossible' hill without stopping or dying at the top.

My new bike arrived today. It's much lighter than my old bike and has better gearing.

MerylStreep Thu 04-Jun-20 15:54:15

My OH built our next door neighbour a bar in her garden. Last night several of us christened it.????

threexnanny Thu 04-Jun-20 16:04:36

Meeting family in the garden this week and having our garden waste collected!

lemongrove Thu 04-Jun-20 21:04:48

Hmmmmm.....I would like a garden bar Meryl...send that man over here??
I would also like fish and chips Harris lucky you.

Pantglas2 Thu 04-Jun-20 22:15:44

All of those things I’ve read are lovely...and I rejoice in your happiness, whatever it is ?

Coolgran65 Thu 04-Jun-20 22:32:26

We were invited to a socially distanced picnic in ds1 garden. Bring our own food and drinks. with our 2 dgc. Also ds2 arrived. The weather was glorious.
My heart was full.

JuneRose Thu 04-Jun-20 22:43:31

Watching my 3 year old granddaughter running in and out of the garden sprinkler in the nuddy screaming with excitement and seeing my new grandson born 19th March. I've missed out on cuddles with our little lockdown baby. As I'm sure many of us have. But it was lovely to see them.

Charleygirl5 Thu 04-Jun-20 22:54:02

I have elected to drive to the local fish and chip shop tomorrow evening for myself and friends and neighbours two doors away. We will eat the food in our respective houses- I am really looking forward to that- the closest to dining out.