Gransnet forums

Chat

Tempted to light the woodburner!

(14 Posts)
Luckygirl Sat 06-Jun-20 10:51:01

Blimey it's cold!

WOODMOUSE49 Sat 06-Jun-20 10:56:37

Tempted !!!
I've lit it the past 2 nights. Sat in my woolly socks and big fleece at the moment. It's the only heating we have.
Really icy wind and I have to walk the dog soon.

I live in Cornwall.

Wibby Sat 06-Jun-20 10:58:05

I have storage heaters which I turned off a couple of weeks ago when the weather really warmed up. I really dont want to put them on again until September/October time, so have been using a fan heater to take the chill off.

Teetime Sat 06-Jun-20 11:00:24

Heating on here. Dont care what the date is if its cold on it goes.

kittylester Sat 06-Jun-20 11:31:44

Me too, Teetime.

Purplepixie Sat 06-Jun-20 11:33:51

Our heating is on and I’m sitting here in a woolly jumper, which i put away for the winter. June or not I have to be warm.

Megs36 Sat 06-Jun-20 11:34:23

Yes heating on in our house too, hard to believe last week nearly melting.

Hetty58 Sat 06-Jun-20 11:34:31

I did get dressed - but put my dressing gown on top. I'll just swap to a warm coat when I go out. I'm too mean to put the heating on. It's drizzling and 17 degrees here just outside London.

TrendyNannie6 Sat 06-Jun-20 11:34:37

I don’t care what season it is, if I’m cold on goes the heating, I’m not going to be cold, it’s on today

V3ra Sat 06-Jun-20 11:37:45

I spent Thursday evening sitting with my big fleecy dressing gown on over my clothes.
Husband rolled his eyes ?
Last night when he got home from work he said, "Blimey it's cold" so that was it, I put the heating on.
Bliss ☺️

MaizieD Sat 06-Jun-20 11:38:44

No matter how hot the day is it gets chilly in the evenings up here in the NE. The heating goes on, or the woodburner gets lit, quite often in the summer.

Witzend Sat 06-Jun-20 11:48:28

I put the heating on last night, sod it.
If we had any sort fire in the sitting room I’d have lit it/turned it on but alas we don’t.

henetha Sat 06-Jun-20 11:51:59

I've got an electric fire on as I write this. It's so cold, amazingly so after all the recent heat.
I went outside to do some gardening but the wind is so cutting that I soon came back indoors again.

merlotgran Sat 06-Jun-20 11:53:26

I've put some heating on but the woodburner is cleaned down now for the summer and the other day we washed our light shades which get dusty over the winter.

DH would leap out of his chair and grab a box of matches with glee if I suggested lighting it but I'm blowed if I'm going to start cleaning out ashes in JUNE!