Gransnet forums

Chat

What would your last meal be? Light hearted.

(86 Posts)
Bluebellwould Sat 27-Jun-20 17:26:55

If you could have anything at all to eat with unlimited funds and no weight worries, what and where would you have it?
I would have chicken satay skewers and lovely soft chip shop chips. For dessert it would be tiramisu and salted caramel ice cream. I would eat it sitting on the beach at Dungeness in the pouring rain snuggled under a big umbrella, with a little bonfire in front of me. What would you have and where and would you share it with anyone?

tanith Sat 27-Jun-20 17:35:55

I think fish and chips would be my last meal with strawberries and cream. Nothing fancy.

annep1 Sat 27-Jun-20 17:45:53

...And no stomach problems.
Cheesy garlic bread. Or perhaps triple cooked chips with garlic mayonnaise, dessert very chocolatey gateau with cream.
I would like it on Hydra where Leonard Cohen lived and he would be singing to me. (Sorry OH)

Bridie22 Sat 27-Jun-20 17:47:18

Roast chicken dinner, followed by Apple crumble and custard.

Nortsat Sat 27-Jun-20 17:50:53

Pate and fresh French bread.
A steak with red wine jus, dauphinois potatoes and a green salad.
Champagne
Eaten by candlelight, on deck, on a river cruise in the Loire valley.
Accompanied by some lovely French jazz music played by a string quartet.
Eating with my partner.
(Hang on Bluebell, this would be so nice, I don’t want it to be my last meal, that’s too grim a thought. I will keep the meal please and the dinner companion and just cancel the ‘last’ element of it.)

crazyH Sat 27-Jun-20 17:52:36

Steak, chips, peas and fried tomato.

ginny Sat 27-Jun-20 18:02:32

Medium rare juicy steak with a mixture of roast vegetables. Not sure about pudding, depends what I felt like on the day.
I would eat it on a warm summer evening overlooking St. Mawes in Cornwall.

Dottydots Sat 27-Jun-20 18:03:11

Another portion of fish and chips here, please. It must be haddock, though, with plenty of brown sauce. I would eat it on a summer's day, sitting on a deckchair on Eastbourne prom.

Charleygirl5 Sat 27-Jun-20 18:03:44

Two boiled eggs and chips, cooked by my mother, dead 40 years and eat it at home. I do not usually have a dessert.

ginny Sat 27-Jun-20 18:03:44

Just wanted to add, please , no background music. The natural sounds will do me fine.

Puzzler61 Sat 27-Jun-20 18:07:52

Roast turkey (Christmas) dinner with all trimmings.
Raspberry ripple ice cream after.
Would like eat it sitting at a table near a huge window or out on a balcony , and an uninterrupted view of the beautiful Welsh Brecon Beacons.

BlueBelle Sat 27-Jun-20 18:18:10

nortsat I did a double take then and thought Hold on I haven’t commented yet !?

Some kind of nice hot curry with a Pashwari Naan and a glass of cold cider and tiramisui or a Bailey creme brûlée for afters

mumofmadboys Sat 27-Jun-20 18:34:47

Poached salmon and salad, overlooking the sea

mumofmadboys Sat 27-Jun-20 18:35:18

Followed by raspberry pavlova!

FindingNemo15 Sat 27-Jun-20 18:35:29

Good old fish and chips followed by good old bread and butter pudding.

PinkCakes Sat 27-Jun-20 18:37:18

Chicken Jalfrezi with rice, followed by home-made trifle. I'd eat this in Croatia.

Kittye Sat 27-Jun-20 18:38:35

Lasagna followed by a generous helping of tiramisu...with a couple of profiteroles on the side. A couple of glasses of red wine wouldn’t go amiss ??

Tangerine Sat 27-Jun-20 18:40:46

Good quality sausages with cheesy mash, baked beans and peas followed by chocolate brownie.

Not big portions of any of the courses because I'd end up feeling too full which can spoil a meal, I think.

I'd eat this at home or at a friend's home.

seacliff Sat 27-Jun-20 18:42:21

Grilled halloumi with chips and grilled tomatoes, with a dash of sweet chilli sauce. Nice home made Eton mess with some whole fresh English strawberries too. A Greek island would be nice, or if not, a Cornish cliff top. But no flies please.

Starblaze Sat 27-Jun-20 18:46:02

All you can eat Chinese, the late menu because lunchtime doesn't have duck pancakes

Oopsminty Sat 27-Jun-20 18:47:10

My Grandma's steak, kidney and dumplings

lemongrove Sat 27-Jun-20 18:53:51

Good Lord, I find I like all these choices.....?

lemongrove Sat 27-Jun-20 18:54:50

Although I wouldn’t be eating any of them in the pouring rain
In Dungeness.

Greyduster Sat 27-Jun-20 19:03:56

A lobster royal salad at Cookies Crab Shop in Norfolk, washed down with a pint of Guinness! Heaven!

kittylester Sat 27-Jun-20 19:17:36

Just about to have crispy chili chicken wings with mayo dip. That will do me!