Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(85 Posts)
12Michael Wed 01-Jul-20 06:15:09

Good Morning Everyone,
its dry , but shows signs of rain in the night here in Brackley this morning .
Anyway , I went to Buckingham yesterday and called in the cafe I use as regards to changes this weekend coming , anyway apart from getting a take away coffee I spoke to the owner ,and she explained that on arrival subject to maybe queing as well , you would shown a table , they would take contact details, and the person serving you when you order would be wearing a face mask .
On the other hand I had a email which supports a letter as regards to my coach holidays /excursions the main reason is the social distancing on those trips in the coach as to numbers .
Take Care ,
Mick

Beechnut Wed 01-Jul-20 06:26:26

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is cloudy.

Pinch punch and all that ?

I’m off out today as I wold like to buy myself something so fingers crossed I will be able to do that.

Have a lovely day whatever you do ?

grandMattie Wed 01-Jul-20 06:31:53

Good morning from a chilly, grey EKent.
Mick, the cafe regulations seem baffling, as for giving all the details, I find that very sinister... I don’t mind people having my details, but it seems TMI for a cup of coffee. Or a pint for that matter. I think I’d rather go without, TBH.
Had a Liverpool Tai Chi session yesterday in the light drizzle in the park. The grass is certainly not flat, and for something that's supposed to be good for balance..... it was quite funny.
Marydoll, are you being a good girl and lazing? Your oomph will be found eventually, probably under a cushion when you decide to do some cleaning ?
Started a rather complicated patchwork for DD. Keeps me out of mischief.
Hope that those of you in pain, whether mental or physical, have a good, quiet day. The rest, be happy, stay well.

Bellasnana Wed 01-Jul-20 06:48:57

Good morning from a very hot, sunny Malta.

I am 64 today. How did that happen so quickly! I feel ancient but I’m glad I’ve made another trip around the sun.

My sister should have been turning 68 tomorrow, but she only made it to 54. We always celebrated our birthdays together so I miss her just a little bit more today.

DD3 is picking me up together with my friend and we will have a day at the Lido. I might even be tempted into the sea for the first time this year, but not if there are jellyfish!

Hope you all have a good day whatever you are doing, and special hugs for those of you who are struggling.☀️?

Grandmabatty Wed 01-Jul-20 06:58:25

Happy birthday Bellasnana. I hope you have a lovely day. I have no plans in not so sunny Polmont. I'm looking forward to a quiet day. I might paint or draw the big vase of lilies. I'll definitely make scones. Have a good day all.

Beechnut Wed 01-Jul-20 07:01:33

Wishing you a very happy birthday Bellasnana have a lovely day ???

Marydoll Wed 01-Jul-20 07:03:26

Good morning Mick, Beechnut and all who follow from a grey and cool Glasgow.
By the time I finish my slow typing, (my hands have flared up again) there are bound to be a number who have already posted. So Good Morning to you too!!
My DD has already messaged me six times from the supermarket. She needs everything confirmed, whereas. I'm just grateful to get my shopping and get peace to post.?

I was awake half the night and couldn't work out what the constant noise was, it was the workmen replacing the railway track! ? How inconsiderate, they could have warned me and sent me some ear defenders!!?
Just as I was falling asleep, DH got up for his early round of golf.

Groundhog Day here, nothing planned. My new meds are being delivered today, along with a sharps box. The Home Care team seem to be very efficient, especially as I won't be starting them for another fortnight. I was really impressed by them.

My neighbour phoned over yesterday to ask me and our other friend over for half an hour to toast her Ruby wedding wedding in the back garden with a glass of non alcoholic Prosecco.
We sat in the garden, wrapped in jackets, it was freezing!
It couldn't have been that bad, I came back, three hours later at 6.45pm and of course, no dinner had been started! ?

Bluesapphire, I hope you are looking in and sending hugs to all who need them.
I'm sure there are a number of people struggling, who read this thread, but can't pluck up courage to post. ?

grandMattie Wed 01-Jul-20 07:03:36

Happy birthday, Bellasnana. ????

Marydoll Wed 01-Jul-20 07:05:32

Happy birthday, * Bellasnana*, I hope you have a lovely day! ????

GrannyGravy13 Wed 01-Jul-20 07:11:19

Good morning Mick and all x

Bright blue sky here in S E Essex with a slight chill in the air.

Happy Birthday Bellasnana from another Cancerian ????

No plans, beginning to feel like groundhog day

Keep safe and well folks ?

cornergran Wed 01-Jul-20 07:20:51

Morning Mick, morning All. Gloomy start to our corner of Somerset, rain forecast this morning, enough now. Sounds as if a nap would be good marydoll. Happy birthday bellasnana, enjoy every minute. Managed to secure tickets for a walk in the grounds of our local NT, forecast says rain will coincide with the timing. Hope it’s wrong, not sure we’d enjoy it. See when the time comes. Other than that there is ironing and a food shop order to complete. Enough to fill the day for sure. Be gentle with yourselves everyone, life can be tough.

Mythbirtthedragon Wed 01-Jul-20 07:22:39

Good morning from east London, bright and sunny with a few clouds. Tennis this morning, we were due to start earlier at 8.30 in case it was as hot as last week but we’ve reverted to our usual 9.30 spot. Keen to see if my last item I ordered from the Next sale will arrive today; I ordered 6 items, mainly for the GDs and so far I’ve had 5 items delivered separately over the last week. It’s like a drip feed; at least I only paid one lot of postage.
Happy birthday Bellasnana and to others who may be celebrating today.
Hope everyone has a good day even if it’s just a normal one.

Pantglas2 Wed 01-Jul-20 07:24:33

Morning all from a dull north Wales where I’ve shifted myself onto GN sharpish as I missed yesterday when ‘events overtook me!

Unexpected visitors, though lovely to see and chat to over a distanced coffee, meant it was after lunch by the time I got to read about all your doings!

Happy birthday Bellasnana - you certainly don’t look 64 in that pic the other day!?

Started cleaning my umble little abode ready for my long awaited trip to my even more umble casa on Saturday and will do a little more today - ‘‘tis an actual joy whereas I normally hate cleaning, lazy lump that I am!?

Sar53 Wed 01-Jul-20 07:25:08

Good morning from a sunny Essex by the sea.
Happy Birthday Bellasnana, have a lovely day. I'm also a Cancerian, all the best people are ???
We are off to pick up our new car this morning and I have an appointment to sell mine at 1.00. It will be strange only having one car but now that DH is retired, first day today, we cannot justify having two.
We finished sorting out the office yesterday, lots of paper rubbish to be recycled, and it looks so much better.
No other plans today.
Have a lovely day everyone and stay safe xx

brook2704 Wed 01-Jul-20 07:28:59

Good morning everyone from Inverness and Happy Birthday Bellasnana ! ??? It’s still raining ☔️ but suppost to be brighter later. I hope so as it’s also my DD2 birthday today and we’re going to her garden later ! Just like you yesterday marydoll whatever the weather we’ll enjoy ourselves even if we’re sitting under an umbrella with coats on - just pretend you’re camping my OH says ... ?
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today, especially if feeling a bit fed up, hope something comes along to brighten your day, take care ?

mumofmadboys Wed 01-Jul-20 07:29:48

Good morning all and wishing you a very happy birthday Bellasnana

Nanabanana1 Wed 01-Jul-20 07:32:03

Good morning from a grey Torbay, Happy Birthday Bellasnana have a lovely day,
Not much planned for today, food delivery this afternoon, I get very excited about it, sad I know, I am leading a sheltered life ?
Will take my dog for a walk and then some pottering.
Take care all and stay safe.

Lins1066 Wed 01-Jul-20 07:40:33

Good Morning Mick and all. Widespread cloud here on the S Welsh coast. Happy Birthday Bellasnana have a lovely day ?. Have a restful day Marydoll, no overdoing things.
Not much going on here at present, little oomph for anything. Stay safe everyone.

kittylester Wed 01-Jul-20 07:48:26

Morning all from a cloudy North Leicestershire.

Hopefully the weather will improve as we have DD1 and co here this afternoon and it's much better to sit in the garden when it's warm.

Zoom carer's course this morning.

Many happy returns, Bella.

Gelisajams Wed 01-Jul-20 07:51:30

Good morning from a cloudy, damp Morecambe Bay. At least it’s not raining. DH is out running leaving me in bed.
Birthday ?for Bellasnana. Have a lovely day.
If it stays fine I’m going to have a gardening day. First off for a lady down the road then off to my little patch at church. If I have any energy or motivation left I’ll see what I can do in my garden. The wild winds of the weekend have done quite a bit of damage. Why do I not learn to stake the plants before they blow over rather than after? I have another problem in the garden too! A wild rabbit has appeared. He/She arrived yesterday and DH reports it was back this morning. Goodness knows how much has been munched. I do like to see wildlife when I’m out and about and even in the garden, but I’d rather it didn’t nibble my plants.
Wishing everyone a good day, take care, stay safe?

Gingster Wed 01-Jul-20 07:51:35

Good morning all from an overcast Suffolk coast. We are due rain today, ?.

Happy birthday Bellasnanna.

Sar53. We recently went down to one car and it is strange , but it just takes a bit of planning. I use the car more than my DH . His main outing is to the golf club, so I take him and pick him up, then I have the car all day.

I’ve booked my seat for the cinema next week. The seats were getting booked so fast, so I thought I better get in quick. Of course it will only be 60 percent full. I’ll see how it goes from opening day and see how I feel at the time. The tickets aren’t dear so it won’t matter if I chicken out at the last minute.

Can’t believe it’s 1st July, - all these weeks of nothing happening. I had so much planned for this summer as I have a special birthday coming up and my GD’s 18th, 2 weddings and a trip to the Netherlands. My 2 friends who I started school with are both 70 this summer too and we were going to celebrate in style. Oh well, hopefully next year. ?

As long as we all stay well , ?

dragonfly46 Wed 01-Jul-20 07:52:40

Good morning high cloud here in Leicestershire.

Happy Birthday * Bellasnana* I hope you have a lovely day.

Meeting friends this morning and taking our own coffee then walk with another friend this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone.

Gingster Wed 01-Jul-20 07:58:58

We are overrun with rabbits, Gelisajams. We have spent a fortune on plants and shrubs (rabbit food) . We have got to know which ones they don’t eat. Geraniums, petunias, lilies, Daffoldils. Not many others. They even nibbled my Rosa regosas. We have to fence things off so hopefully they will survive. We even had our large garden rabbit proofed a few years back but they just burrow underneath. Blighters. ! ?. Baby rabbits abound at the moment and tbh they are very cute, ?

Brunette10 Wed 01-Jul-20 07:59:51

Good Morning from a dull and drizzly Fife. Another yuk day here. Bellasnana Happy Birthday hope you have a wonderful day, make the most. Sorry to hear of your interruption of sleep Marydoll - nothing worse but I suppose they have to take the chance to all that work. Had a lovely visit yesterday from DD and DGS's which perked me up. DH under the floor at the time moving electrics so DGS1 had to have a wee nosey too until he saw all the spider webs smile.
Going to go out this morning for much needed shopping on my own first time in ages so will have a quiet wander around the supermarket. Nice to see some back who have been having a little rest away enjoy your day. Grandmafrench - yes I promise to be a good girl wink

mancgirl Wed 01-Jul-20 08:06:49

Good morning from an overcast Manchester. Happy birthday Bellsnana???? from another cancerian. Mr manc out for a run, I'm meeting a friend for a walk, hopefully the rain keeps off. Had gs 1 and 2 yesterday, age 2 and 4, for a few hours. They are cousins and play really well together. They say the funniest things. Have a good day everyone. (((hugs))) for those who need one flowersfor those with extra cares or worries