Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Wednesday

(3 Posts)
Rufus2 Wed 08-Jul-20 15:59:53

Hi! We’ve had a lovely warm day 15C and lots of sunshine! Sitting out the back feeding my Maggie friends has given me a touch of sunstroke, after the recent spell of overcast drizzle.
No more episodes Ellan, thank you! This severe lockdown has caused even more confusion, especially as we were beginning to get signs of a relaxation of rules. One family in the “Towers” has 7 children; imagine being “locked down” on the 15th floor and not allowed out! No wonder experts are talking of mental problems to come being more of a worry.
Grandmabatty Lemon sole for tea! That beats my Chish and Fips ! The shop does a Lunch Pack consisting of chips of course, fish, Dim Sim (as with sausages, don’t ask!) and fried potato cake! Not very diet-friendly, but I’m past caring and it was delicious!
“neb” it is! Challenge accepted! hmm
Jane You say “rotten time to be young” Agreed, when students are being deprived of so much contact time., not to mention the changing job landscape when the “new normal” kicks in!
From what I’ve heard, many “working from home” staff will be happy to keep it that way!
Our grandson up there in Brisbane isn’t complaining; he works for Queensland Rail and is being flown up to Rockhampton to work a train back to Brisbane tomorrow! I asked wasn’t there a train going up there, today, but, No!
Of course the flight will be one I only dreamt about, Social distancing meaning one passenger for each row of seats!
That’s a perk, working for a Govt.! hmm
Megs Thanks from Herts police!? hmm You must have really been on your best behaviour! I’ve got no choice, staying in as instructed, although managed finally to meet up with podiatrist, so that was exciting! Ten weeks to the next session. I tried for a home visit, but you have to be bed-ridden and have a doctor’s chit to qualify. If you don’t ask, you don’t get!
“Lockdown” hasn’t had much effect on my lifestyle! wasn’t doing much before and doing even less now thanks to my BPPV episodes making me less inclined to mix it again with shopping centres. No2 Son told me today that
the usual supermarket shelves are already stripped bare due to panic buying, despite pleas from the Govt. not to!
The limit applied to certain items is enforced at the checkout, not by the checker, but automatically by the scanner!
He tried to buy 5 frozen snack meals, but was limited to two!
I can see 4 glasses; Tut Tut! grin
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

Grandmabatty Wed 08-Jul-20 16:15:14

Good afternoon Rufus2. I hope they get the outbreak under control quickly. The panic buying was pretty bad here at the start. Weird things disappeared from shelves like tinned tomatoes and certain types of pasta! I still can't get yeast and I love making bread and cinnamon buns. You are wise to stay in. I visited my mum this morning for a chat. She can be very difficult but was on good form today. I then went to a local toy shop to buy toys with wheels for my grandson. I hadn't any at my house so I was in my element. I bought a wooden train, a cement mixer, three lorries of varying sizes and a Noah's ark. Before you say it, I know the ark isn't on wheels but it was really cute. I haven't bought him much while all this palaver is on so I feel justified. Tomorrow I'm going to have a garden chat with three good friends so fingers crossed it stays dry. Have a good one. Clue : neb is a body part but not rude! ☺

rafichagran Wed 08-Jul-20 19:42:20

Evening Rufus I have been reading about lockdown in Melbourne, it must be hell for the family with 7 children.