Gransnet forums

Chat

Fuzzy bums anyone? Nothing to frighten the horses!

(9 Posts)
Dinahmo Sat 11-Jul-20 09:55:00

Museums are getting together to see which has the best bum in their collections.

www.boredpanda.com/best-bum-funny-museums-battle/?utm_source=nerdist&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=organic

Nortsat Sat 11-Jul-20 10:05:42

Dinah, what a great post. It’s really funny.
It’s definitely not a ‘bum steer’.
Thank you
?

Callistemon Sat 11-Jul-20 10:10:31

I vote for the bee!

Although I have seen better bee bums in my garden, the white bummed tailed bumblebee

Urmstongran Sat 11-Jul-20 10:15:21

Great post Dinahmo.

Whilst on the subject of (ahem) bottoms ... I read this before I’d eaten my breakfast this morning!

“In Columbia — if you want to eat like a king — you’ve gotta eat the queen. With their juicy bottoms, locals in the country’s north-central Santander region have come to relish the behinds of queen ants as a delicacy. During each spring’s mating season, millions of hormigas culonas (which roughly translates to “big-butt ants”) emerge from the ground, providing townsfolk the opportunity to harvest the precious insects in search of culinary bliss.

If one can fend off the thousands of devout soldier ants — which draw blood with a single bite — on their way to the queen, they are rewarded with a delicious snack. The queen’s plump butt can be roasted and salted, creating a crunchy treat that resembles extra savory popcorn. Columbian foodies swear by the crunchy ants, which are served on street corners and 5-star restaurants alike.”

MawB Sat 11-Jul-20 10:17:54

Great aid to the diet Urmstongran - I seem to have gone off my Coco pops somehow ???

Dinahmo Sat 11-Jul-20 10:19:46

Urm That beats everything. I'd hate to be the person who has to collect those queens for the foodies.

Framilode Sat 11-Jul-20 10:22:45

Urmstongran we used to do that when I lived in Uganda as a child. The Africans used to catch the large flying ants as they emerged. I have to say they were delicious. The ones we couldn't eat immediately were dried on sheets in the sun for later.

Callistemon Sat 11-Jul-20 10:38:38

I have eaten an ant bum on a bush walk in Australia.

Apparently their green bottoms are full of Vitamin C and they do taste sharp like that.

gillybob Sat 11-Jul-20 11:44:53

Wow . A well deserved #1 for that gorgeous bronzed bottom ( Wallace museum).grin