Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Sunday

(4 Posts)
Rufus2 Sun 12-Jul-20 12:25:32

Hi! Another cold, but dry day, finishing wet! 13C max.
Kicking off with a couple of anecdotes. Further to the KFC story, now told by our weekend “Australian”

“Secret KFC partygoers busted”
“Sixteen hungry partygoers have been fined $26,000 for breaching Victoria’s tough COVID-19 rules, in what may be the most expensive fast food fix in history. Police dished out the $1652 penalties after busting a party devouring KFC in a Dandenong house in Melbourne’s lockdown suburbs at 1.30am Friday. Ambulance officers spotted a group ordering 20 meals at a KFC, tipped off police who traced the car number plate. 16 infringement notices were issued, at $1,652 each.”!
A further article noted the increasing number of references to a “Loch Doon” which is presumably located in Scotland Not known whether it’s connected with “Loch Ness” or even whether it’s got its own “Monster”; suffice it to say that visitors are being told not come!

That Peter Lorre always gave me the creeps way back when with his typical, sinister Quasimodo style

Evie “Grockles”!? Never heard of it! Tried to pronounce it with a Cornish dialect, but sounded like I was choking to death!. confused
Whilst living in England my dear Vera had an Aunt and Uncle living in Par opposite Par Sands beach. She was billeted with them during the war and got to love Cornwall. So did I a few years later because it was while we were sitting at the front of their house one evening that I proposed; was accepted and spent the next 62 years in
wedded bliss, although there might have been a few speed bumps along the way. Nobody’s perfect! blush
After my folks retired to Barnstaple we spent many years driving down the A303 for holiday visits.

Now back to earth with a bump! There were 275 more “cases” announced today and a further death. The residents of the remaining tower block woke this morning to find they’d been cyclone-fenced in, almost like a POW camp!
Our State Labour Govt. is really copping flack with commentators saying it’s payback for putting incompetent Union mates in top jobs for their support at the last election..

Anyway, things aren’t all bad! City beat Brighton 5-0 and Liverpool lost their winning home streak. grin

I see a scrap emerging over certain “papers”, so I might go and see who’s winning! hmm
See you later,!
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

rafichagran Sun 12-Jul-20 16:15:09

Evening Rufus, hope you are well.

Namsnanny Sun 12-Jul-20 16:41:52

Rufus, lovely to hear about your Cornish proposal to Vera! So glad you came up trumps in the marriage stakes.

Jane10 Sun 12-Jul-20 16:58:48

Hello Rufus2. Warm but windy here and the weather's not much better. (Sorry. Couldn't resist!)
Lunch with the family today. Just lovely. Having a snooze to recuperate.
Stay safe old bean.