Gransnet forums

Chat

What puts a smile on your face?

(27 Posts)
Pantglas2 Mon 13-Jul-20 21:32:07

Following on from the Sensuous thread, I wondered what still makes you smile every time you do it?

For me it’s lining up jars of homemade jam or chutneys on the windowsill to cool and writing out the labels.....and my DH and DD have told me many times how sad I am......?

midgey Mon 13-Jul-20 22:08:32

Smelling the sweet peas I grew!

Curlywhirly Mon 13-Jul-20 22:15:06

Getting into a bed that has been made up with clean sheets that have just been dried on the washing line and freshly ironed, bliss? Makes me smile every time!

tanith Mon 13-Jul-20 22:19:10

When I open the front door on Tuesdays and my 15 yr old GD says ‘what we cooking for dinner Grandma’.

Starblaze Mon 13-Jul-20 22:26:31

My job honestly, I come home full of energy and happy. I am so fortunate to do something that I love and makes a difference to children. It's the feeling when your child learns to walk but all the time. I'll work till I can't because of this.

Charleygirl5 Mon 13-Jul-20 22:44:01

A shower, newly changed bedding- it does not have to have been ironed because I iron zilch, a good book to read and my cat lying beside me wanting cuddles.

Bathsheba Mon 13-Jul-20 23:00:17

Oh yes, straight from the shower into a bed with clean, crisp, cotton bedding for sure. Nothing like it!

And I'm with you Charleygirl - why iron something that will be creased within 5 minutes? I carefully fold bedding as soon as it comes off the line - no need for ironing!

PGAgirl Mon 13-Jul-20 23:08:44

Collecting my click and collect items today that included 2 pots of coffee ice cream.

MissAdventure Mon 13-Jul-20 23:10:41

I love it if a random old song pops into my head and I'm able to sing it right through.

I did a rather touching rendition of 'Sweet child o' mine' a few days ago. smile

Spangler Fri 07-Aug-20 17:39:20

A beer advert that I saw recently made me smile. Puts awhole new meaning on the term: Beer Belly.

cornergran Fri 07-Aug-20 18:18:55

At the moment going out into the garden and harvesting runner beans. Haven’t grown them here until this year and am chuffed with how well they’ve turned out.

FlyingHandbag Fri 07-Aug-20 18:24:09

•Having cups of tea and chats with relatives
•Looking at my photo album
•FaceTiming relatives
•When I get into bed with my favourite pyjamas, freshly washed bedsheets and freshly shaved legs. X

Oopsadaisy3 Fri 07-Aug-20 18:33:54

Spangler a strange ad as it would make me stay away from beer, it’s gross!

Listening to my favourite music that DH absolutely hates, my earbuds in of course.......

Looking at old pics of Family, (which end up making me cry)

Getting my favourite mug for my early coffee and last but not least , seeing my DDs dog leaping out of the car, wagging her tail, when she spends time with us each week.

Fennel Fri 07-Aug-20 18:38:49

When I got the bus back from our shops this am the driver had a mask on with a big smile printed on it. I had to laugh and he did too.
Bless him, there are good people around.

kittylester Fri 07-Aug-20 19:57:02

It's Dh's birthday today and DS2 is the only child able to pop in which he did on his way home from work. It was lovely to have a proper catch up with him about his work and his two step sons and lovely partner.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 07-Aug-20 20:05:58

I know I am boring but for me it is getting into a freshly changed bed with ironed sheets/duvet (I iron everything) after having an indulgent bath with relaxing products (Neom)

emmasnan Fri 07-Aug-20 20:07:33

When my 15 year old GD comes round to see us. She cheers me up when I'm feeling down and we always find something to laugh about.

Kate1949 Fri 07-Aug-20 20:22:30

A hug from my teenage granddaughter which hasn't happened since February.
Also, if I hear a boat chugging along on the canal at the back of our house, I run upstairs to watch it go by smile

timetogo2016 Sat 08-Aug-20 10:34:32

Reading some of your threads and posts gransnetters.

Katyj Sat 08-Aug-20 10:41:42

Finishing my cleaning on a Friday and lighting a couple of candles especially if there new ones. Also sitting down with a brand new book and a lovely coffee.

BlueSky Sat 08-Aug-20 12:22:05

Are you referring to Female Orgasm Day Pantglass? grinwinkshock

kittylester Sat 08-Aug-20 13:27:30

This put a smile on our faces today - especially DH!

Dd2 came a couple of weeks ago and littlest dgd gets into everything. He turned over a spade on the pad on his desk and found this.

All the dgc love DH to bits!

grumppa Sat 08-Aug-20 13:36:01

The King’s Head. being open again with well organised anti-Covid precautions.

lemongrove Sat 08-Aug-20 13:41:05

Happy Birthday to Mr Kittylester!??

lemongrove Sat 08-Aug-20 13:46:11

Knowing I have the day to myself
Reading a book that I really enjoy
Seeing our 15 yr old DGS ( we all seem to have one?)
Seeing the other younger DGC ( all eager to get through our door)
Watching a newly resident hedgehog tootling about in the garden
All these things have been pleasant over the last few months and kept me going.