Gransnet forums

Chat

Which is your fav daytime programme

(151 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Thu 16-Jul-20 11:54:13

I love this morning , especially when Ruth and Eamonn are on. Don’t mind loose women now and again

Lucca Thu 16-Jul-20 11:57:11

I watched bits and pieces of loose women pretty much by mistake . Can’t bear it.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 16-Jul-20 11:57:31

I love quizzes so I watch re-runs of Impossible and Tenable. The fact that Rick Edwards is so handsome has nothing to do with it!

Kate1949 Thu 16-Jul-20 12:00:38

I record This Morning and whizz through the bits I'm not interested in. I can't stand Loose Women. I find most of them smug and full of themselves.

Charleygirl5 Thu 16-Jul-20 12:00:48

I enjoy The Chase and cannot believe how stupid some people are. Aberystwyth has apparently moved to Scotland.

DanniRae Thu 16-Jul-20 12:12:29

I love quizzes and yes Rick Edwards is a treat to watch on Impossible. I really liked Richard Osman's House of Games when it was on.......so BBC please bring it back.
I record Loose Women so I can whizz through bits that I don't like - I disagree that most of them are smug and full of themselves. I find that they are all very open about their lives and share the bad stuff as well as the good.

tanith Thu 16-Jul-20 12:13:59

The chase and lunch time news that’s about it. I turn the chase off if they look like a rubbish team like yesterday, I hate it when it’s obvious they don’t have a hope in hell.

Millie22 Thu 16-Jul-20 12:23:24

Nothing unless there's an interesting news story and I also watch the Chase but that's on later. Loose women is just terrible. I'm currently watching an old series of Downton abbey.

sodapop Thu 16-Jul-20 12:24:30

I watched Loose Women some years ago but they were so anti men it became unwatchable.
Don't know if its any better now.
I like Doctors and The Chase. Occasionally Homes under the Hammer.

Rosalyn69 Thu 16-Jul-20 12:25:52

I have a soft spot for Xander and Richard on Pointless.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 16-Jul-20 12:26:58

Well, yes Tanith I do wonder how they get on. During the selection process they ask general knowledge questions to make sure the team are a good mix. In the studio a certain percentage of your knowledge must float away due to nerves.

EllanVannin Thu 16-Jul-20 12:27:35

Dickinson's Real Deal. That's all I'm interested in in the daytime.

GagaJo Thu 16-Jul-20 12:29:43

I've got a shameful secret. I'm addicted to Doctors.

When I'm about to go overseas, I download as many as my iPad will hold to watch in desperate times.

Teetime Thu 16-Jul-20 12:30:29

Bargain Hunt is our only daytime programme which we record and then watch when we have our lunch so we can shout 'No don't buy that' or 'too much'!!!

rubysong Thu 16-Jul-20 13:26:33

We are the same about Bargain Hunt Teetime. We also record Father Brown when that is on and watch in the evenings, when most TV is c**p. (IMHO)

silverlining48 Thu 16-Jul-20 13:28:57

I have resisted watching day time tv up to now but as time goes on, and in particular today when I am a bit fed up, I might take a peek.

Maggiemaybe Thu 16-Jul-20 13:35:46

Just a quiz if I’m in the mood. Tenable, Pointless, Eggheads. I’d just discovered House of Games as it came to the end of the recent series. sad

But hey, we still have the Impossibly handsome Rick Edwards to watch.....

DH got into Talking Pictures at the start of lockdown, but happily seems to have dropped it now. I really couldn’t share his enthusiasm for”classics” such as Old Mother Riley Goes to Paris.

Charleygirl5 Thu 16-Jul-20 13:37:34

I watch the Chase as already mentioned and recently a young girl said that Aberystwyth was in Scotland. I was not aware of that move! This was a young girl in 20's with a degree.

travelsafar Thu 16-Jul-20 13:47:53

Escape to the Country. I just love looking at all the beautiful homes that the lucky people have to choose from.

Ellianne Thu 16-Jul-20 13:50:33

Yes, Escape to the country, A place in the sun, and Escape to the Chateau DIY.
Escape!!

DiscoGran Thu 16-Jul-20 14:25:54

I love a quiz, and the TV goes on at 4 for Tipping Point. Nothing to do with Ben Shephards cute Labrador-ness.

crazyH Thu 16-Jul-20 14:29:19

The Chase, Tenable, Tipping Point

BlueBelle Thu 16-Jul-20 14:46:48

When I get back from work, tired I sit down and put Judge Judy on I love her down to earth attitude she makes me laugh

Pantglas2 Thu 16-Jul-20 14:46:48

I’m a Countdown girl and the occasional Pointless

TerriBull Thu 16-Jul-20 15:06:56

My guilty secret is "4 in a Bed" not really daytime starts at 5 pm, I don't watch the repeats which are on at the moment. A long time ago I occasionally tuned into "Loose Women" found them pretty appalling, like the worst sort of companion who drones on about themselves and the M word "misandry" springs to mind, there was much evidence of it.

Before the lockdown, I was going to the gym between 12 and 1, if on the treadmill, it's very boring, I'd tune into the Politics show on BBC2, passed the time and drowned out the panting from those who took their exercise seriously!

Other than that in the past I really liked Richard and Judy's 5 pm show, particularly their book club slot. they brought that back recently, but it wasn't the same. Can't imagine ever, ever wanting to watch Holly and Phil, or Eamon and Ruth thank you very much.

When I was a new first time mum having just given up work, Neighbours was launched, and I got into that it seemed to coincide with sitting down and doing a feed, I followed it for a few years, a time when it seemed to produce a lot of top movie actors.