Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Thursday

(5 Posts)
Rufus2 Thu 16-Jul-20 14:53:04

Here we go again! More not so good news. 317 new cases yesterday the highest since the start of the pandemic. and 2 more deaths all in VIC. NSW also getting worse!
To lighten the mood! courtesy of the Summer 2020 edition of the "Evergreen " mag.
"sign on a shop window; "To avoid panic buying, the barber is restricting haircuts to one per customer.
My psychiatrist told me to follow my dreams. So I went straight back to bed!

It has an interesting article on "The Capital of the Black Country" the historic city of Wolverhampton. Reminded me of Billy Wright of Wolves, the first to win 100 caps for England.
Major surgical ops now on hold to free up resources for other causes. Doesn't say if private ops included, but too bad if you're in pain, as dodgy hips, knees etc. often are!
Nothing much else comes to mind !
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

AGAA4 Thu 16-Jul-20 15:10:58

Hope you are keeping safe Rufus with all that 'rona out there.

Liked the barber joke. First laugh of the day. Dull and drizzly here so not much to laugh about. It is supposed to be summer.

3nanny6 Thu 16-Jul-20 15:21:34

Stay safe over there, heard there had been a huge spike in cases.

I had just started thinking it is time to put the face coverings away and now the new rule is to wear them in shops. All my shopping is going on click and collect it's too uncomfortable
walking around the shops in face coverings.
Best of Health Rufus.

Megs36 Thu 16-Jul-20 18:18:00

Worrying news here re cancer tests missed through lockdown, just catching up I believe.
Do you have to wear masks Rufus? Here from tomorrow masks on public transport and now in shops too.?????
Cheers, keep as safe as you possibly can.??????

Grandmabatty Thu 16-Jul-20 22:44:46

Sounds very difficult Rufus2 . I hope you are keeping safe. I'm off to a funeral tomorrow. The numbers are limited and we have to sit far apart so that'll be strange. Take care x