Gransnet forums

Chat

Is anyone awake

(16 Posts)
Nanderin Sun 02-Aug-20 00:33:13

Hi is anyone awake

crazyH Sun 02-Aug-20 00:35:14

I am Nanerin. I am an owl. Are you a newbie ? If so, welcome !!!

Urmstongran Sun 02-Aug-20 01:10:32

I am.
It’s SO hot here in Spain tonight. I went to bed and slept for a couple of hours but now I’m awake, drinking water, sat on the balcony dying to catch a tiny bit of breeze. It was 43°C today and the same is forecast for tomorrow!
???

welbeck Sun 02-Aug-20 02:37:18

wow, urmst, i bet your washing dries quickly.
do you string it across the balcony.
i've just been writing about medical emergencies and find it is disturbing memory; so the thought of you dodging the floating frillies, is sooooothing.

Hithere Sun 02-Aug-20 02:54:02

Here too! Urmstongran, may I ask where in Spain you are? September is here soon, hang in there!

welbeck Sun 02-Aug-20 02:58:34

apparently the uncomfortable heatwave we in uk have been enduring, is described as: the spanish plume.
so it's all your fault, you two at the back !

Hithere Sun 02-Aug-20 03:11:35

There is a 2 week heat wave where I am in the US too.
Too hot and humid. The AC is a life saver.

anna7 Sun 02-Aug-20 05:05:42

I'm awake. Not much of a heatwave here in Greater Manchester. A few hours of sun on Friday and then back to showers. Its actually been quite cool for most of the last few weeks. I'm mulling over the impact of the further lockdown here in the north west. Probably not a good idea to read the news headlines at 5am! I'm going to listen to my audio book in a minute. That usually sends me back off to sleep. Hope everyone gets some sleep.

jdga Sun 02-Aug-20 05:24:15

I’m awake too, but this is normal since I live in the States...
(& like Hithere, having hot weather.)
Hope everyone manages to stay cool in the UK heat-wave!

BlueBelle Sun 02-Aug-20 05:28:25

I m awake but that’s normal for me I love the warm weather and don’t feel the heat at all in fact I feel the cold even in summer But that’s not the reason I m awake I always have broken nights but to be honest it doesn’t bother me at all I do word games or sudokus until I feel like going back to sleep again
My tip is. Don’t worry about it the more you worry the less you sleep

Spangler Sun 02-Aug-20 06:29:15

Do you remember the character in Dad's Army name of Mr Godfrey? He was always asking to be excused, prostrate problems, I have Mr Godfrey Syndrome. Nothing much I can do about until this wretched plague is over.

When I can't sleep I have a project to keep me occupied, I'm writing a journal about life with a vintage MG, and I have the most delightful company. Her name is Ruby and that's my arm that she's making a comfortable cushion out of.

mancgirl Sun 02-Aug-20 06:43:27

I'm awake, have been for a while but it didn't occur to me to look on here! Missing the warm Spanish nights Urmston been in the pool many a night at 3am?. Hi anna7 been a long time since we last met up in Bolton!

Lucca Sun 02-Aug-20 06:45:32

I guess OP suddenly fell asleep ?

anna7 Sun 02-Aug-20 09:53:51

Hi mancgirl. Hope you are ok. That meetup does seem ages ago. A life without lockdown. Let's hope we can meet up again sometime.smile

Spangler Sun 02-Aug-20 13:14:53

It's prostate not prostrate, dear oh dear, what would my English teacher think of me?

Rufus2 Sun 02-Aug-20 16:17:16

excused, prostrate problems, I have Mr Godfrey Syndrome
Spangler G'Day! Having had an op. in that area, I can sympathise; keep off diuretics and always have a bottle close by.! sad
And I wouldn't have bothered cutting your "prostrate"! Nobody around here noticed. grin
Good Health;
OoRoo