Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Monday

(96 Posts)
grandMattie Mon 03-Aug-20 05:57:57

Good morning from an overcast cool E Kent. The day promises sunny intervals.
I could get used to this - starting the thread! I trust Mick is really enjoying his little holiday.
Loved the virtual service yesterday, DD really does a cracking sermon l. This week it was on loaves and fishes, and somehow she managed to make it totally relevant to today. Clever girl.
She said she was coming with our 2 GDs next week, but “wasn’t sure how long because he’d DH doesn’t like to be alone too long”. It rather annoyed us. Firstly, because her iLs see the girls weekly (they live an hour away, we live 5 hours), and we haven’t seen any of them since early January. Secondly, because SiL will be working 13/14 hour days that week... anyway, we count our blessings, say nothing that could antagonise and rejoice at seeing them! Being an in-law is not easy, is it?
DS came back today. He told us that it was unlikely that he would go back To school in India before the end of October. He’ll have to teach via zoom and have Eastern and Western Hemisphere classes for his international students. Hey ho!
Nothing on today - cleaning day; hate it.
Hope all the procedures have been effective, and people are feeling few side effects, their minds are clear, their bodies repairing.
Have the best day possible.

grandMattie Mon 03-Aug-20 06:13:56

Forgot! I’m on my second of 4 buckets of (decaf) coffee of the day...

Nortsat Mon 03-Aug-20 06:16:23

Morning grandMattie (and Mick, if he’s reading) and the GM team from a bright east London.

I have two medical appointments this morning and tests which I am not looking forward to. These have been scheduled now that shielding has ended/paused. I shall wear my mask, though I am medically excused.

The blinking grocery delivery is scheduled right in the middle of my appointment times, so my partner will have to stay at home to receive the groceries.

Thinking of Dragonfly, Cherry, Bluesapphire and hoping Maryd has a comfortable day. ? for those who need them. Have a good day, all. ?

Marydoll Mon 03-Aug-20 06:32:02

Good morning all from a sunny Glasgow.
Thanks Grandmattie for starting the thread. I often had the honour, along with Nankate , in the days when I had my oomph.

I'm not doing too well just now, so don't worry if I don't post. Another treatment today, so fingers crossed, it's not so brutal.
Shielding may be paused, but I've been advised to behave as if I still am, I'm too vulnerable at the moment.☹️ No days out for me yet.

Nortsat, sending best wishes for today.

I'm glad to hear Mr GBob had his op.

Enjoy your day, everyone.

Beechnut Mon 03-Aug-20 06:43:57

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is sunny.
You were up early this morning Mattie and lovely to see you this morning Marydoll. Look after yourself ?

Bed changing, washing and hoovering for me today with pottering thrown in. After working around the outside of my greenhouse I am yet again thinking up ideas for controlling the pigeon sitting on ridge and catching the water for the butt.

Have a safe day all ?

GrandMattie I’m going to send you a pm in a bit. ?

NanKate Mon 03-Aug-20 06:45:40

Morning GrandMattie and all.

Another sunny warm day down here in South Bucks.

Yes Mary those were the days when we were up bright and early, bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Sorry to hear you are going through the wars again Mary hugs to you ?

This morning we are both seeing the dentist and hygienist. It will be like a military operation gaining access to the surgery - phone from outside, no bags or coats, and no loos ! DH said as long as we take our credit cards they will be happy.

This afternoon we are both off to see the foot lady at a local hospital. What fun we pensioners have. ?

Sar53 Mon 03-Aug-20 06:57:37

Good morning from a cloudy Essex by the sea. Awake early again, I just don't seem able to sleep beyond 6.30 these days.
I have a doorstep appointment with an accountant at 10 to hand over some documents, then I have a bag of goodies for the charity shop. I might even don my mask and have a look round.
Ironing and cleaning when I get home. I certainly know how to live !!!
Marydoll I hope you start to feel better soon.
Have a lovely Monday everyone and stay safe xx

Grammaretto Mon 03-Aug-20 07:00:05

Good morning Mattie and all from the Scottish Borders. Bright enough today to dry the washing on the line.
I hope Mick is enjoying his break.
I'm glad MrGillybob has had his op and hope the recovery goes well.
Nortsat good luck and Marydoll I hope your treatment makes things easier.
Have a good Monday everyone.

brook2704 Mon 03-Aug-20 07:04:45

Good morning grandmattie and all from a cloudy and much cooler Inverness.
Sending gentle hugs to marydoll and very much hoping today’s treatment is better than previously
DD2 is having to go back to work today, the first time since March. So we’re looking after the 2 DGC this week - they’re both due back at school next week so it’s not for long. I’m looking forward to it even though I know they’ll wear me out. Will keep you posted on antics and events !!
I hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care whatever the day brings ?

MellowYellow Mon 03-Aug-20 07:16:31

Morning everyone from a promising sunny day in south Cornwall. Just had a video from my son who is camping with my other son and my nephew and their families near here. Shows a police helicopter hovering over the campsite, a fire engine and what looked like a tent on fire, all this in the night. Hope the people are ok, will hear later no doubt. Off to the beach with the family campers today. Right now, the coffee pot is calling. Have a good day everyone. (Marydoll I'm too new here to know what it is you're suffering but I can only send best wishes.)

Greyduster Mon 03-Aug-20 07:22:00

Good morning all GNs and Michael in absentia. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire and I haven’t stopped sneezing since quarter past five and I’m knocked off my feet with it before we even start the day! We are supposed to be going out walking today - at the moment that is the furthest thing from my mind! Have a good day folks.

Pantglas2 Mon 03-Aug-20 07:22:39

Morning GrandMattie and all early birds, I’m later as it was almost midnight before we went to sleep ? last night as it was so warm in the bedroom - we only have fans as well Urmstongran!

Hope Nortsat and Marydoll have good days a-coming and everyone else is running at optimum speed with whatever they’re doing ?

Puzzler61 Mon 03-Aug-20 07:31:19

Good morning Grandmattie and all GM friends.
Warm and sunny, lovely day ahead forecast. It’s good to be alive.

Grandm try not to be irate re: what your DD said. I know you will enjoy her visit - no matter how long.

Marydoll a hug and fond wishes to see you through your day today. This treatment is a bug*****ion!

I hope Mr gillybob is getting stronger by the day.

MellowY Oh gosh! worrying night on that campsite? The ground is so dry. I hope everyone is safe.

I have a doc appt by ‘phone’ this morning and later today I pick up my “new to me” car. It’s 3 years old and blue. If you come through Worcs by road - look out for me.
I’ve named the car already, Hattie. In honour of MawB ‘s sweet dog who was so poorly 2 weeks ago. Lovely dog, lovely name.

Take care all, make the best of the day that you can.
?

Puzzler61 Mon 03-Aug-20 07:33:38

Sorry, forgot to wish our gran Nortsat good luck today. I hope it goes well with pleasing results. ?

Nannytopsy Mon 03-Aug-20 07:34:02

Good morning GrandMattie and the team. It looks like another fine day in Suffolk. Today’s excitement is watching the farmer get his enormous combine up our narrow lane! We know how to live!
We had a productive day in the garden yesterday which is very satisfying. There is still an awful lot of bindweed out there.
Hope today isn’t too awful Marydoll and that it is kind to the rest of us.

Urmstongran Mon 03-Aug-20 07:35:17

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga ? where normal service has been resumed - the two day terral winds have gone thankfully - a much more pleasant 30°C is forecast for today! I’m a happy bunny. I melted at the weekend.
?

No beach for us in August we’ve decided it’s safer to stay away as it was noticeably busier on Wednesday and I felt less comfortable about it. Plus, in the August heat, walking back up is exhausting - and I’m not ready for taxi rides just yet, wuss that I am.

So gardens and pool it is. There are restrictions on opening times - 12 noon till 3pm then 5pm till 8pm to comply with government directives on cleaning which has to be done 3x a day.

Good luck with your treatment injection today Marydoll I hope you see great results soon and that you get your oomph back soon lovely lady. Best wishes also going out to mr.gillybob who will be off back to his appointment at the hospital this morning.

Hope Monday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. This virus isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. x

Puzzler61 Mon 03-Aug-20 07:38:01

Hi Pants.
I can confidently say I try never to run at optimum speed (in fact I haven’t run for years).
I need a drink and a sit down after just taking my turn on the limerick thread ?
I am retired, that’s my excuse.

Have a good day today, get yourself in some cooling water or you’re going to melt in Espana. ?

NannyJan53 Mon 03-Aug-20 07:41:42

Good Morning from a bright and sunny Black Country.

Had a lovely BBQ at DD's yesterday, then played a few games of Boules. Almost like old times, but we cannot hug or kiss sad

I hope all goes well today Marydoll and you start improving soon.

I am still waiting to hear from my Dentist NanKate, I had a filling appointment cancelled in April. The last time I phoned they said middle to end of July! Looks like another call is in the offing this week.

Hoping all goes well today for MrGilly.

Wishing you all a good Monday.

Pittcity Mon 03-Aug-20 07:42:50

Good morning from cloudy Colchester. It's rained in the night and more is forecast on and off today. Good job today is the same as most recently and I'm going no further than Lidl.

kittylester Mon 03-Aug-20 07:43:59

Morning all from brightening North Leicestershire.

Just heard that DS1 has had a very high temperature so has ordered a test. And a list of shopping for us. We saw him 12 days ago so hope he hasnt got Covid and nor have we.

Also,someone is supposed to be collecting another free cycle offering - I flipping well hope they turn up!

Sending love to Marydoll, the gillybobs and dragonfly. And of course everyone else who needs it.

Grandmabatty Mon 03-Aug-20 07:48:21

Good morning All. I'm organised for my dgs staying with me all day. I pick him up in half an hour. We are having buttermilk pancakes with blueberries for breakfast - I've just made the batter and he's having a pick and mix lunch. I made chocolate chip cakes for a snack. So food is sorted. His toys are all out and hie knows where his books are in the bookcase. I love having him but it's full on! So my day will be an adventure. We'll probably go for a walk later. Everyone have a good day.

Grandmabatty Mon 03-Aug-20 07:49:55

I hope your son is alright Kittylester

GrannySomerset Mon 03-Aug-20 07:51:18

Up early today because DD and family are leaving us for Dartmoor and rounding up their belongings will take time and effort.

We have had a lovely few days with them, including a very successful lunch gathering with young relations in the garden yesterday. Luckily the sun shone so we were socially fairly distanced, and having so many willing helpers meant that I had time to enjoy everyone and am now up to date with everyone’s doings. Will need a rest once beds are stripped and washing on the line.

Sympathy to Marydoll and hoping Gilly has a successful hospital visit with her DH.

Puzzler61 Mon 03-Aug-20 07:51:55

I do too Kitty. ?

cornergran Mon 03-Aug-20 08:02:27

Morning from a bright, sunny corner of Somerset. Out and about today, I’ll find some energy soon and get moving. A hug for maeydoll, good to see you, please rest. Hope gilly and her husband travel easily this morning and news is good. Time restrictions are so frustrating grandMattie, all you can do is go with it and enjoy the time you have. Your sons results will come quickly enough kitty, try to hold the worry until you know. Be gentle with yourselves everyone, be careful out there.