Gransnet forums

Chat

Mystery

(43 Posts)
Oldwoman70 Mon 03-Aug-20 15:07:01

Yesterday I cleaned the laundry room, including washing the floor. This morning I went to put some washing in the machine and found a £1 coin in the middle of the floor - definitely not there when I finished cleaning yesterday but there when I opened the door this morning! Do I have a generous ghost? A spider who wants to pay rent? Am I walking in my sleep scattering coins as I go?

Calendargirl Mon 03-Aug-20 15:38:12

Can it have dropped out of the washing pile somehow, maybe rolled a bit, or been left in laundry basket from a previous wash?

Coming up with daft possibilities I know....

EllanVannin Mon 03-Aug-20 15:39:52

May have fallen out of whatever washing you put in this morning ? Trouser pocket ?

Oldwoman70 Mon 03-Aug-20 15:48:01

I saw it as soon as I opened the door and the washing I was putting in this morning was just towels so no pockets!

AGAA4 Mon 03-Aug-20 15:52:29

Could it have been stuck to your shoe and come off as you walked out?

Either that or it's the spider paying rent!

merlotgran Mon 03-Aug-20 15:57:34

A long overdue payment from the tooth fairy?

Roobs Mon 03-Aug-20 16:00:34

Pennies from heaven? ok I know it’s a pound just using a bit of poetic license.

vampirequeen Mon 03-Aug-20 16:41:43

A ghost leaving you a message.

Scottiebear Tue 04-Aug-20 09:23:19

Its mine. I dropped it in the kitchen and it rolled somewhere. Couldn't find it. Wondered where it could possibly have gone. Have a bar of chocolate on me.

bigbird1 Tue 04-Aug-20 09:29:06

The day after my husband died I found an old penny in the middle of the floor from the year he was born!! I carry it with me for luck now

Garfield1 Tue 04-Aug-20 09:46:41

Morning i would go with a sign of good things to come. A nice little ghostly gesture. My tv very often tapes old films which uplift my mood which i wouldnt tape. I would say thanks they are there to boost you in difficult timesthanks

Tanjamaltija Tue 04-Aug-20 09:57:14

We call that, pennies from heaven. I was having coffee with a friend (long ago) and a coin rolled up. Now this was an enclosed patio, no one in sight. And sometimes you do find coins in the street, as well.

Georgesgran Tue 04-Aug-20 11:05:21

I’ve just found a £10 note in my sofa - giving it a very rare thorough clean down the sides with the vacuum long hose nozzle.
Positive it’s mine - Prosecco tonight!! X

Saggi Tue 04-Aug-20 11:16:16

Hope it’s not an old tenner Georgesgran.....I found one down the side of my sofa ....

Lettice Tue 04-Aug-20 11:32:38

Just found a £5 note in a book I was about to pass on. Must have used it as a bookmark. Don't remember doing it, so maybe ghosts are having a "be kind to humans" week.

Pollyj Tue 04-Aug-20 11:59:16

Well, who knows. I have a story though. I used to have a bad back, had been off work for months. I always liked to think my dad was still looking out for me, and one day, I was going downstairs and slipped on the second step up. I shot into the air like a cartoon character and it flashed through my mind that I was about to slam into the ground and no doubt wreck my back again, just I was recovering. Help! I pleaded. Well, next thing I knew, I just found myself sitting on the floor. There had been no impact At all. Nothing. I just sat there, stunned and said ‘well, whoever that was, thank you.’ Can’t really explain that.

grandtanteJE65 Tue 04-Aug-20 11:59:32

What a lovely thought: ghosts having a be kind to humans week.

Long may it last!

Flakesdayout Tue 04-Aug-20 12:10:02

I wish my Mum would let me know where her jewellery went. She passed away 3 years ago and I went through every bag, pocket, drawer, box, you name it I looked. It was a ruby ring (40th wedding anniversary present) and also my Dads signet wedding ring. Completely gone. A spiritualist told me her carer had taken it - but that could be the start of another thread.

So if its ghosts be kind to humans week - I will happily wait for a sign.

Sawsage2 Tue 04-Aug-20 12:27:51

I think a lot of us have had an 'other wordly' experience which we cannot explain. I've had at least 3.

Calendargirl Tue 04-Aug-20 12:34:55

bigbird1

The day after my husband died I found an old penny in the middle of the floor from the year he was born!! I carry it with me for luck now

Fate.

Aepgirl Tue 04-Aug-20 13:00:39

Yes, of course it’s some thing (person) paying rent. Make sure you look every day.

polnan Tue 04-Aug-20 14:00:52

well , some Christians say there is no such thing as coincidence....... It is God working in His mysterious ways...

I find that so.... many a time..

but why would God give you a £1 coin.

bobbydog24 Tue 04-Aug-20 15:32:20

My husband passed away last August and several times since things have happened that have no explanation. I like to think he is watching over me.
He always wore the same after shave but hadn’t for a while due to his illness. Some weeks after he died I walked into the bedroom and there was the smell, so definite, yet I’d been in there earlier and it wasn’t there. It has happened twice since.

Kaggi60 Tue 04-Aug-20 17:07:00

I put a pair of trousers in the washing machine in side the pocket was £60 in £20 pounds notes only found it when I went to do my ironing.

Auntieflo Tue 04-Aug-20 17:22:03

I like the ' pennies from heaven' thought.