Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(46 Posts)
12Michael Tue 04-Aug-20 06:32:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear blue sky over Brackley this morning and looks like a warm day.
Anyway , my break in Harrogate , it was nice weekend overall .
But on Saturday on arrival at the hotel , I could not get my room immediately, due to my boking.com error as I had not confirmed the dates .
So I used my mobile and rang Gwenisgreat1 so we could meet up , she gave me directions to her house not far from the hotel , on finding it we introduced ourselves and had coffee with her husband and family dog .
I then went back to the hotel , got my room key, and went out to try and get something to eat , the first place a seafood restaurant, was fully booked , I did my pub crawl had a pizza in one but experienced track & Trace before retiring later .
The rail journey north with changes at Brum and Leeds , so following proceedings as to seating and social distancing .
Sunday , I caught the bus to Ripon had a look at the cathedral , spent an hour in the City , before bus back to Harrogate , again bus was sterilised before passengers could board it , as I got off it at Harrogate a cleaner came onto to deep clean before it went onto Leeds , I caught a bus to Knaresborough , which was busy gridlock on roads and streets , spent about an hour here but it was to touristy , returned to Harrogate , had a beer , then walked down to the mains street near Bettys, to see how it changed from when there last year , I slowly made my way back to the hotel , but by the Royal Hall /Concrescence centre I sat , I saw large liquid oxygen cylinders plus large ventilators outside as its now the Yorkshire Nightingale Hospital which sent out a clear message as to Covid 19 .
Returned yesterday home , today housework plus bus to Buckingham and Bicester .
Take care ,
Mick

Urmstongran Tue 04-Aug-20 06:43:33

You certainly packed a lot in during your stay in Harrogate Mick. Well done you for being so positive and adventurous!

Eeh by gum we’ve got grey clouds this morning in Malaga! Most unusual. Just checked the BBC weather site and the clouds turn to white at 11am with sunshine and 30°C but, as my mum used to say, does the weather know that?

It’s Tuesday so it’s my ladies who wine group this afternoon. One of them went up into the campo to spend a couple of nights with her friend who has a villa there. It will be a chatty gathering I think plus ?? of course.

I was saddened to here of mr.gillybob’s trials and tribulations yesterday and hope the situation gets resolved today.

Hope Tuesday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Mythbirtthedragon Tue 04-Aug-20 06:45:40

Good morning from the Kent coast, beautiful sunrise this morning and sunny. ‘Ate out and helped out’ last night at a local pub; nice meal and tables well organised for distancing. Yesterday we went to the coastal park in Folkestone having been almost blown off the beach here on Sunday; today we’re off to a rare breeds farm, GD1 likes her animals.
Hope you have a good day and things work well for you.

grandMattie Tue 04-Aug-20 06:46:24

Good morning from an unexpectedly cool E Kent.
Sounds like you had a terrific time away, Mick , despite the booking muddle. Lovely that you were able to meet Gwen as well. A bonus.
Going proper shopping At the Ashford designer outlet today with DS1! First time since Christmas. Shall try to get prezzies for the “chaps’ party” I’m planning next week. DH, DS1 & 2 and GS all had lockdown birthdays, so I though I’d have an unbirthday party for them when DD and the girls are here. The girls love a party.
I hope you had a good night Marydoll, all went well nortsat and mr, gillybob’s catheter is removed and has recovered from yesterday’s trauma. Sorry if I’ve missed anyone x hope you’re doing OK too.
Have a calm day, try to count your blessings. Stay safe.

Pantglas2 Tue 04-Aug-20 06:48:53

Morning Mick from a dry and lightening Spain where temperatures were cooler last night so a good sleep ?. What an eventful weekend you had and lovely to meet up with a Grans netter.

Local market this morning and pop to the charity shop with some bits and pieces (probably replace them with more stuff I don’t need!)

Chicken and chorizo risotto this evening which will mean opening a bottle of white wine (I simply wave the cork over the rice and pour the glass into me?)

Hope Gillybob in particular has a better day and all not 100% feel some improvement with treatments etc. ?to you all x

Beechnut Tue 04-Aug-20 06:49:00

Good Morning everyone. Nice to see you back Mick and glad you enjoyed your trip away. Sobering seeing the ventilators.
A bright sunny start on Severnside where I shall take my car to the garage first thing and then back home for my Tuesday work.
My DD has sent me some photos of her holiday in France. She only went on the weekend but I shall be glad when she is home.
Thank you for pm reply yesterday grandMattie. I will bear something you mentioned in mind.
I caught up later in the day with gillys news and could only shake my head and tut......
Enjoy the sun shine all and stay safe ?

cornergran Tue 04-Aug-20 06:52:34

Morning Mick, morning All from a bright corner of Somerset. Dust removal this morning. Looking forward to an NT walk this afternoon. Just wish the way back wasn’t all uphill, wimp that I am. A busy few days mick, good to have you back safe and sound. Hoping for better news from gilly and marydoll, also that kitty will have her mind put at rest about her son. Be gentle with yourselves everyone, especially poorly and worried people, please be careful out there.

kittylester Tue 04-Aug-20 07:02:14

Morning all from a brightish North Leicestershire.

Thank you to everyone who sent good wishes for DS1 yesterday. It was also DD3's birthday - I confused gf I think.

We did some shopping for ds1 and dropped it by his door. We also booked flu jabs for 17 September.

Lots of admin today.

Thinking of mrgillybob. I suspect it's time to send the grans in gilly.

Good wishes to all who need them. It's a strange old world.

Puzzler61 Tue 04-Aug-20 07:06:02

Good morning Mick and All. Your account of the weekend was very informative and I hope you enjoyed it to the max.
Yorkshire is a beautiful county and I love their famous Rhubard (makes a delicious Gin ?).

Yesterday went by in a “wag of the dog’s” tail. A pair of my girly friends made a surprise visit - brought homemade scones - and we sat in the garden. All I provided was raspberry jam (cracked open a posh one on offer last week), and some blackberry cordial.
We nattered away a few hours by which time it was the appointed hour to collect my new car.
We’ll suit each other well and she has a little more space and oomph than my previous Peugeot 108.

I was horrified by Mr gillybob ‘s treatment (or rather lack of it) at the hospital. I hope today someone sorts something out quickly for the poor man - he’s suffered enough.
The complaints procedure is exactly for dealing with that Sister’s vile manner to people already in distress.

Special gentle hugs for Marydoll , another lovely person whose suffering goes on. Get Well soon X.

Urmst, Pants and Grandmafrench - thanks for lending us the heatwave. It seems the ☀️ has already left you en route to England (not sure about Scotland)?

Wishing all the best day you can have, and we need to get ready for another heatwave by Friday Dessie the weatherman says ?

MellowYellow Tue 04-Aug-20 07:08:19

Morning everyone from a bright south Cornwall. Glad your trip was good Mick, sounded interesting. Barbecue at campsite with visiting nephew, his family plus my sons etc last night. So lovely to have people I love around me, I felt mushy and counted my blessings. Today I'll just be counting peas as I pick them and watering my allotment. A good day to all, wherever possible.

grandMattie Tue 04-Aug-20 07:13:53

puzzler , I love the idea of “RhubarD” gin. Does it spout poetry when drunk, or go pink with embarrassment? ?

Puzzler61 Tue 04-Aug-20 07:18:51

? oops Grandm, that passed me by even though I “previewed” I thought before posting.
It’s from the Haworth Steam Brewery if you want to try some and see what it does ?

gillybob Tue 04-Aug-20 07:35:27

Good morning from the NE coast where we have another dull and cool start to the day . Doesn’t look at all promising at all.

Thank you everyone for your best wishes and kind comments yesterday after yet another disastrous day in the life of the Gillybobs .

The promised telephone call of yesterday never came (why did I think it would ?) and so I rang them at 4.45pm . Empty apologies for not ringing back, but said they were trying their best to get him in for today (Tuesday) but haven’t managed to. Why am I not surprised ?

They are apparently running on a skeleton staff....which beggars the question why? and why go ahead with the operation knowing that they don’t have the staff available to follow it up?

Anyway they said the best they could offer was Wednesday morning which I have had to accept .

DH has had another extremely uncomfortable night and whilst the catheter is still in place it is clearly not doing it’s job (won’t go into detail) .

I am getting ready to head off to that place in about an hour or so and will leave him in bed as neither of us have had much in the way of sleep again.

Feeling pretty fed up today I must say .

I am so glad you enjoyed your trip to Harrogate Mick it sounds like you packed a week into that little short break . smile

Glad to see CherryCezzy back with us and thinking of our missing friends dragonfly and BlueSapphire . Hoping Marydoll is feeling better after her treatment . Apologies for missing the news about your son yesterday Kittylester I rather selfishly got carried away with my own problems . I do hope he is okay.

Hoping for some sunshine for us all very soon .

Love Gillybob xx

Greyduster Tue 04-Aug-20 07:35:59

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Glad you enjoyed your trip, Mick. Yorkshire will always be pleased to see you! It a cloudy start in the South of the county today. We had a funny day yesterday - not entirely satisfactory. We drove out to one of our reservoirs which we naively didn’t expect to be busy and couldn’t find a parking spot anywhere, on top of which, it started to rain, which wasn’t forecast, so we headed off somewhere else which also turned out to be busy, had a short walk, took some photos which I later managed, God knows how, to delete off my camera?. We came home after calling in at DDs to water her plants as they are on holiday. Added to which I spent the entire day sneezing myself senseless. Some days you wish you hadn’t unlocked the front door! We aren’t going anywhere today. Have a good day folks.

Pittcity Tue 04-Aug-20 07:42:55

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
DH has gone to be a taxi driver/babysitter for DD2 and DGS2 who have to get their car serviced as the garage is not offering collection or courtesy cars at present.
I am waiting in as we are having new gas/electricity meters fitted.
I must also make a list to ensure we don't have to go far this weekend when temperatures are forecast to soar againsunshine

Sar53 Tue 04-Aug-20 07:47:43

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea.
Good see you back Mick after your adventurous weekend.
Gilly so sorry to hear of your DH's horrid day yesterday.
Nothing much on the cards today. We have a lot of ivy growing in one corner of our carpark and DH is planning to try and cut it down. I may give him a hand, or not.
Have a lovely day everyone and stay safe xx

NanKate Tue 04-Aug-20 07:55:22

Good morning Mick and all.

So pleased you completed your few days away Mick and met up with a Gransnetters, an added bonus.

Hope DS1 is feeling better Kitty ?

Another warm day in prospect here in South Bucks.

Well my dental appointment went well then in the afternoon went to have my dodgy feet looked at. I have decided to have 2 of my bent toes straightened ? After the procedure I have to have my feet up for about 2 weeks, not my idea of fun but if I can keep myself grounded for that time I will be able to wear my many shoes and not have to wrap them all up each morning - I know far too much info.

Grandmabatty Tue 04-Aug-20 07:55:26

Good morning All from a very wet Polmont. Scotland definitely doesn't have Spain sun or heat. Its a bit of a nuisance as I have my dgs again today and we were going to go out for a walk but it'll be no fun for the wee man if it's pouring and he's in his buggy. Mick it sounds like you had a good time. Gillybob I'm so sorry for what your poor husband and you are going through. Have a good day all.

NannyJan53 Tue 04-Aug-20 08:09:20

Good morning from a dull and cloudy Black Country.

SIl is coming over today to finish off cutting down the firs trees at the back of our garden. I will go over to DD's and have a walk with her and the girls round the fields in their lovely Staffs village.

Meeting up with an ex-work colleague early evening for a socially distanced walk and chat. She is going through a tough time at the moment.

I was so upset to hear how your DH was treated yesterday gilly, just no need at all. I agree with other posters, you must complain officially. Hope your DH has a comfortable day.

Wishing you all a good day

MellowYellow Tue 04-Aug-20 08:17:52

I've pm'd you Puzzler.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 04-Aug-20 08:30:28

Good morning Mick and all

Wow Mick you packed a lot into your weekend away, good to have you back.

gillybob cannot believe your DH has to wait until tomorrow, it really isn’t good enough!!!!

Blue sky and warm here in S E Essex, we are on Granny duty this morning for the 5yr old and 7 month old, have had breakfast order from 5 yr old two dippy eggs and marmite toast.

Take care and keep safe folks ?‍♀️

brook2704 Tue 04-Aug-20 08:31:11

Good morning everyone from a cloudy Inverness where the forecast is for rain most of the day ☔️
A bit of a later post for me as we’ve got the DGC staying over until tomorrow and I’ve been sorting out various breakfasts ?
We had a lovely day yesterday trying to tire them out, a long bike ride, playing in the park and a game of football but they were still awake until 9pm - usual bedtime is 7.30ish. I’m with you grandmabatty trying to think of something to do with a 5 and 6 year old on a rainy day in Scotland!
gilly can’t say how sorry I am to hear about how your DH is suffering- sending hugs ?
Hope today goes well for everyone and take care whatever the day brings ?

Gelisajams Tue 04-Aug-20 08:39:35

Good morning from a damp Morecambe Bay where more rain is forecast. Think an indoor day is in order, maybe I’ll fish out a fabric collage I started years ago and see if I can get it finished.
I’m still fuming about Mr G’s treatment or lack of it. Thinking too of Marydoll and others with problems. Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Gingster Tue 04-Aug-20 08:45:45

Good morning from a sunny Suffolk coast. Gillybob you could do with some sunshine in your life. Hope things improve soon. ?.

Mardoll let’s hope your treatment begins to work for the better. Keep your chin up. ♥️

Well yesterday we had two downpours in the afternoon resulting in flooded roads. We haven’t had rain for ages so good for the garden. I took my elderly SIL some shopping and she was about to head out with her trolly bag to have her first hair appointment. It’s a 20 minute Walk for her and she’s very slow. Of course , I took her and picked her up an hour later. Bless her she’s so independent and I know she wouldn’t have asked.

Having coffee with a neighbour this morning and will catch-up on the local gossip. She’s lived here for 54 yrs and before that in the local town, so she knows everything and everyone. Very interesting to chat to.

Have a pleasant day all. Keep safe and well. ?

GrannySomerset Tue 04-Aug-20 08:47:27

So sorry that the Gillybobs are being given such a dreadful time by an institution which exists to help them. Not only is MrGilly left in pain and at risk of further infection - as if he hadn’t had more than anyone’s share - but Gilly is put under additional stress which she doesn’t need. A serious complaint about Monday’s disgraceful episode, and a letter to her MP setting out the whole sorry saga are called for. MPs do act on complaints of this sort so really worth doing.

Loved having the family here but am amazed at how wiped out I am as not used to having a house full, I guess. Fifth load of bedding now in the machine!

Good wishes to Marydoll and our other poorly posters; one way and another this is being a most peculiar year.