Gransnet forums

Chat

New Covid 19 rules

(12 Posts)
Willow10 Tue 04-Aug-20 07:56:44

I think I've just worked out the latest Covid 19 rules from the government.
All those with surnames beginning M,W or F can go out on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. But not if you wear glasses or have red hair. Surnames beginning T and Th can go out on Tuesdays and Thursday's, unless you are wearing red trousers. Saturday's and Sunday's are reserved for all other surnames, unless they end in S. Shopping is limited to the hours of 2 am and 5 am and balaclavas must be worn at all times. If you do not have a balaclava, a sombrero can be substituted. No visitors from other houses in your garden, unless you find yourself stuck up a tree singing 'Help, I need somebody' whilst clutching a bottle of gin and wearing only a pair of red high heels.

Makes sense to me! wink

Luckygirl Tue 04-Aug-20 08:02:20

Thank heaven you have summed it up for me - now I get it! smile

lemongrove Tue 04-Aug-20 08:09:02

Haha Willow ? very good....but you know what?It actually sounds like a very good plan to keep the R number down....get this idea off to the SAGE committee right away!

JenniferEccles Tue 04-Aug-20 08:24:30

Ah but wearing a sombrero will surely cause howls of outrage from the ‘cultural appropriation’ brigade so be careful there !

Look what happened to that rugby team in Exeter!

Otherwise I love the rules. According to them I can go wherever I like on any day so no change for me!

lemongrove Tue 04-Aug-20 08:28:25

I will bin my red trousers and glasses which will give me more going out opportunities?( the lady up the tree could be me....especially if I run out of gin.)

Beechnut Tue 04-Aug-20 08:48:25

Don’t tell anyone, I’ve been out this morning ?

Megs36 Tue 04-Aug-20 10:04:58

Willow love this ,however you left out those with a cat but only if it’s ginger!!

farview Tue 04-Aug-20 10:58:23

Absolutely brilliant Willow10...but I'm exempt from all these rules because I have green wellies and a cottage garden....and an odd house number..??

Barmeyoldbat Tue 04-Aug-20 11:15:33

I am also exempt as being a Barmeyoldbat I don't understand the first set of rules and certainly not anything else, except of course the gin and the singing up a tree. Haven't got a tree in our garden can I use a ladder?

EllanVannin Tue 04-Aug-20 11:21:17

Megs36, to remain on a level playing field in this climate my 3 cats are each black and white so as not to cause any ill feeling. grin

Willow10 Tue 04-Aug-20 11:51:50

Sorry, didn't mean to miss out our lovely cats. They of course are exempt from all rules, as is normal. Of course we could always follow government advice and just use our common sense. (Can you get that on Amazon does anyone know? I do like to stockpile just in case). grin Also, if you feel like lashing out in supermarkets when annoying people get too close, please remember to observe social distancing at all times. Long baguettes are available from bakery, but do tend to break on the first whack. Spaghetti from world foods might be better. Wholewheat of course.

Megs36 Tue 04-Aug-20 17:48:07

Sorry * Ellan* try L ,Oreal , ( spelling?) Dark Auburn,, worked for me for years, yet to try it on our mog!!!