Gransnet forums

Chat

Could it be an allergy?

(18 Posts)
phoenix Wed 05-Aug-20 18:56:57

I'm concerned about Mr P, I think he might be allergic!

To bins, recycling boxes, laundry baskets, dish cloths, wiping down any mess that he's made on the worktop, putting things away, checking his pockets before putting his clothes to be washed, (on the floor, see 3rd item above)

I've considered a star chart, with rewards, but he's surely too old for that?

Hetty58 Wed 05-Aug-20 19:03:40

It sounds like he's not house trained - so I'd recommend an outdoor shelter of some kind (garage or shed maybe) until he is.

I disapprove of cruel shock collars being used on dogs, but in his case, I think it's justified.

yorkie20 Wed 05-Aug-20 19:09:22

My husband has the same allergy along with selective hearing.

kittylester Wed 05-Aug-20 19:09:47

Oh, phoenix, 5tjis is asking for trouble. I'll hold your coat. grin

LadyGracie Wed 05-Aug-20 19:11:07

Mine is the same, I seem to have become his slave!

blossom14 Wed 05-Aug-20 19:14:14

My DH is allergic to any new packaging and instructions for new purchases - they must be destroyed immediately so that we have no idea how to put said articles together.

kittylester Wed 05-Aug-20 19:20:28

*this

I've only had the 3 glasses of wine - honest!!

Kate1949 Wed 05-Aug-20 19:28:11

Mine is usually very good. However, where is the logic in taking the last item out if a packet and leaving the empty packet in the fridge/cupboard?

phoenix Wed 05-Aug-20 19:38:48

Thank you all! kitty I believe you!

Kate1949 I am so glad it's not just me! Mr P does that so often! Even worse, he will eat something (a cold sausage, for example) and leave the plate in the fridge! ?

Kate1949 Wed 05-Aug-20 19:41:02

Oh yes. That too phoenix

PinkCakes Wed 05-Aug-20 20:01:25

grin. My husband is the same. He makes a mess, wherever he is, whatever he does. grin

phoenix Wed 05-Aug-20 20:02:39

That, Kate1949, is the worst.

When you think there is a yummy item in the fridge, go to eat it, and it's gone, but the plate has been left behind!

Insult to injury in my book!

PinkCakes Wed 05-Aug-20 20:03:57

Mine leaves the milk carton (4pt thing) with about a teaspoon of milk in, rather than rinse it out and put it in the recycling.

Puzzler61 Wed 05-Aug-20 20:07:06

My DH says I’m lucky - he says some men are much more untidy than him.
On that basis I am glad I’m married to him, I couldn’t stand to live with anyone more messy ?

kittylester Wed 05-Aug-20 20:22:13

Oh, the blessed used sausage plate!! Why, just why!!

GrannyGravy13 Wed 05-Aug-20 20:23:13

Mine loves to cook, loads the dishwasher (incorrectly) wipes down surfaces with dishcloth apart from the range he has cooked on.

I have been asking him for years and years to use kitchen roll and appropriate spray for the granite as wiping with dishcloth just creates more work for dobby the house elf aka me!!!

MiniMoon Wed 05-Aug-20 20:36:47

Fortunately Mr MM doesn't cook very often, but when he does, why oh why must he use every dish in the kitchen cupboard?

Like Mr P, he leaves empty packaging on the worktop and in the fridge!

Annoying, isn't it?

Spangler Wed 05-Aug-20 20:50:03

Hetty58
It sounds like he's not house trained - so I'd recommend an outdoor shelter of some kind (garage or shed maybe) until he is.

My wife was asked by her niece if she would ever consider marrying again if I died. "Oh no, I don't think so," she replied. "That's so romantic," said her niece.

"Romantic my ar**" said my wife, "I couldn't face all that training again."

The only thing that I find difficult is DIY. That means:
"Don't Involve Yourself." Right?