Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(91 Posts)
12Michael Sun 09-Aug-20 06:19:25

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey start but with a little breeze here in Brackley this morning .
Today , a nice easy day in with a small shop .
Yesterday I noticed the flea market in Buckingham was busy but the person I usually see was not there , so an antiques fair elsewhere I assume.
Take Care ,
Mick

grandMattie Sun 09-Aug-20 06:31:24

Good morning from an overcast E Kent. Hate this heat... we’re due another 29C today. Hope it’s not as humid as yesterday.
We slept with a wet sheet over the window again, and I froze hot water bottles. It made the night more tolerable. Unusually DH felt really affected by the heat yesterday. That and the idea of turning 76 today.
I got him the desired yard brush, some chocolates . He wanted carrot cake, that I don’t like and never make, for pud tonight. His beloved DD will be here late, late, but he will see her.
Lots of cleaning, bed making and generally shuffling of stuff and people in the house to accommodate DD, 2 DGDs, DGS into our 3 bed house. Worth it for the few days they spend here.
Marydoll, hope the wedding and day was all your lovely DD wanted. So pleased for them that it’s all happened now.
Hope those with difficulties have a good day. Stay safe everyone.

Pantglas2 Sun 09-Aug-20 07:01:07

Morning Mick, GrandMattie and all who follow from a cool Spain where my tea is brewing and next door’s cats are miaowing for their breakfast. Pilar has usually fed them by now so she’s running late as well!

Nothing planned today but will pop in later and read what everyone else is up to so stay safe folks and a peaceful Sunday for all x

Beechnut Sun 09-Aug-20 07:25:00

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it is also grey and feels hot and sticky already.

Lots of celebrating going on this weekend on gn. Happy Birthday MrMattie.

Potter and sitting reading for me today and maybe a repeat of last night when I sat outside with the garden lights until the stars came out.

Enjoy your day all ?

NanKate Sun 09-Aug-20 07:26:49

Morning Mick and All

Another scorcher due inSouth Bucks.

We too GrandM have squashed in DS and 2 boisterous DGSs at our house. They arrived full of beans ready for fun and games for their annual week’s hols. They ate a mountain of spag Bol, a Magnum each and then played out on the field in front of our house with the local children until it was dark. Before coming in for the night they lay with their dad on the front lawn star gazing and eating popcorn. ?

We all toasted Marydoll’s family last night and I felt very emotional. Hope you had a wonderful day Mary. ??

Urmstongran Sun 09-Aug-20 07:27:26

Sun’s up here! ??
Good morning everyone from Malaga ? where it’s forecast 32°C again.

I’ve just stripped the beds and put on a hot wash. Other than that I’m done for the day. I like to pace myself. #lazygran

I shall be sitting in the gardens under a palm tree reading Bryony Gordon’s latest autobiography which is quite an eye opener.

Himself is having a sporty day (well - watching it ha!). He wants to catch the first half hour of the Grand Prix before, as the new Rangers mascot, catching up with his two friends in a bar to watch the game, drink pints of beer and eat a beef burger with fried onions. They do say opposites attract - I couldn’t bear any of that malarkey!
?

Trust all went fandabidozi yesterday Marydoll. x

I have to query where is EV? We haven’t heard from the lovely lady over on Costa Mersey for a few days. I hope all is okay there. I’m missing her already she’s one of my besties.

Hope Sunday is kind to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

mancgirl Sun 09-Aug-20 07:27:49

Good morning from a bright but not totally sunny Manchester. So hot last night in bed - the temp not me?. Think I feel as tired now I'm awake as I was when I went to bed. Had a nice bbq with ds1 and family yesterday afternoon. Dgs has a new trampoline which he insisted I had a go on, so of course I did! Maybe a walk later, pile of ironing for dil who is drowning on laundry since the baby arrived 9 weeks ago. 9 weeks already! Have a lovely day everyone. flowersfor those with cares and worries.

Gingster Sun 09-Aug-20 07:28:29

Good morning from an overcast Suffolk coast. Nice coolish breeze. I’m up early and everyone seems to be having a lie in this morning.

grandMattie I know what you mean by getting ready for visitors. Lovely to see them and spend time with them bit it is a lot of work, sorting the house out, in preparation. We have my brother arriving tomorrow for a few days. His wife is In the latter stages of dementia and he desperately needs a break away. His son and daughter are taking their mum away for a mini break so he can just have a rest. We will spoil him and let him do what he wants and relax. NExt week we have DD and her 4 children staying , with our two DS’s and families popping In To see them. Fingers crossed for good weather and we can all be in the beach or in the garden.

I do hope Marydoll enjoyed the day and that all went well yesterday for her DD ‘s wedding. I was thinking of her all day.

No plans for Sunday Roast as I didn’t get the chicken out of the freezer. Doh! I have to shop today for brothers arrival, so I’ll get something for dinner. Feel like a change but don’t know what ! ?

Have a pleasant day all. ?

Urmstongran Sun 09-Aug-20 07:30:53

Oh sorry meant to say many happy returns of the day to Mr.Mattie. Tell him it’s better than the alternative (as my dear mum used to say!). x
?

Gingster Sun 09-Aug-20 07:31:03

? Urmstongran . Fandabidozi is my 4 yr old GD ‘s favourite saying.

grandMattie Sun 09-Aug-20 07:41:01

Plenty of time to thaw your chicken out, Ging, it’s so hot it’ll be ready for the evening!

Urms, DH has already had his brush with the alternative. 17 years ago today, he had a radical prostatectomy for advanced cancer. He’s amazingly well, and of course still with us.

brook2704 Sun 09-Aug-20 07:42:58

Good morning everyone from a lovely sunny Inverness. Yesterday was another beautiful day, it stayed warm and sunny at about 22º so not too hot! Todays forecast is for more of the same ?
Happy Birthday to Mr Grandmattie and hope you all enjoy your family time together
I was thinking of you yesterday marydoll and hoping the very special day was going well ?‍❤️‍?
Nothing much planned for today, although I did think the same yesterday but then I ended up going into town chasing some last minute bits of school uniform that DD2 decided she needed for the children next week!
Have a lovely gentle Sunday everyone and take care whatever the day brings ?

cornergran Sun 09-Aug-20 07:44:12

Morning Mick, morning All from an overcast corner of Somerset. Maybe we’ve been fortunate to not share the very hot weather, 24 was our maximum yesterday. All very comfortable. A very happy birthday to mr mattie, the family time sounds wonderful. A very special and emotional time for marydoll yesterday, hope she’s not too exhausted. We spent ages walking on the beach, it was glorious, suspect today will be less active. Be gentle with yourselves everyone.

Urmstongran Sun 09-Aug-20 07:45:35

Wow grandMattie what a procedure to have undergone on his 59th birthday, poor man. Brilliant to have had (and still enjoying) a good life.

Goodbyetoallthat Sun 09-Aug-20 07:51:06

Good morning all from a warm & sunny Swansea. We will probably spend the day trying to stop our giant breed dog from overheating as she likes to follow us everywhere.
Looking forward to reading about Marydolls daughter's wedding & good wishes to everyone, especially thinking of Cherrycezzy close to us on the Gower.

Sar53 Sun 09-Aug-20 07:52:56

Good morning from a sunny Essex by the sea.
We had a lazyish day yesterday, coffee out, a visit to the beach, then an hour in a pub garden.
Today my eldest granddaughter is 12. We are driving to Kent, lunch out with the family then I am staying with them till Wednesday. DH will come home later today then return to collect me on Wednesday. I'm looking forward to spending time with them as I've only seen them once since February.
Have a lovely day and stay safe everyone xx

kittylester Sun 09-Aug-20 08:05:02

Morning all from a very cloudy North Leicestershire. I expect the clouds will burn off before long as the forecast is more heat.

We are thinking we might go for a drive and enjoy the air conditioned car.

I hope Marydoll and family had a really super day yesterday. And best wishes to mrmattie.

Gelisajams Sun 09-Aug-20 08:15:59

Good Morning from a warm Morecambe Bay. Little GD is still asleep after we wore her (and us)out yesterday. We are taking her home later and staying overnight on a campsite instead of rushing back. We were surprised to get a pitch at such short notice - perhaps a cancellation .
Hope the wedding went well and look forward to reading about it later.
Happy Birthday Mr Mattie . So encouraging to read about your op 17 years ago. It’s what DH had last year.
These little snippets about our lives are really helpful!
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

MellowYellow Sun 09-Aug-20 08:18:44

Morning all from a breezy but bright south Cornwall. Another hot today I reckon. Think I'll get a bus to Porthleven for a coffee, a pretty little place which hopefully won't be packed compared with where I live, as everyone will have fled to the beaches! A lovely new Saturday market has opened in my town centre, one minute from my flat, with gorgeous homemade things, antiques and old books. Bought two books there yesterday. So pleased because markets have such a lovely atmosphere and never get crowded here. A pleasant, restful day, where possible, to you all.

Grandmabatty Sun 09-Aug-20 08:19:25

Good morning All. I've attached one of the paintings I did at the art workshop in the garden. It was such a lovely day and the weather was perfect. Today it is cloudier but there are bits of blue so I'm hopeful. I have no plans today. I'll do some pottering in the house and garden. I hope everyone has a good day

Grandmabatty Sun 09-Aug-20 08:20:52

I forgot to wish Mr mattie happy birthday.

GrannySomerset Sun 09-Aug-20 08:28:52

Warm and grey in North Somerset, and hoping for a slightly cooler day - yesterday was too hot for comfort. Still cheered by our very busy week seeing both our children and their families though saddened by the feeling that it may be some time before we can get together again. But getting the children back to normality is the absolute priority and is more important than seeing us.

I too was concerned not to see Ellan posting and hope she is all right.

Lins1066 Sun 09-Aug-20 08:33:24

Good Morning Mick and all from a sunny S Welsh coast.
We spent much of yesterday enjoying the sunshine and had a BBQ in the evening. I've been wondering where EV is too Urmston, enjoy your book today.
A happy birthday to Mr grandMattie. My DH will watch the Grand Prix this afternoon.
Stay safe everyone.

gillybob Sun 09-Aug-20 08:33:29

Good morning from the NE coast where we have a cloudy, dull and cool start to Sunday. This weekend has proved a disappointment weather wise, after all the sunshine and warmth we were promised. Yesterday morning was bright and sunny but it got duller and colder as the day wore on. In the afternoon it became too cold and damp to even sit outside and my washing was soaked with the mist coming off the sea ☹️

We had an Indian takeaway supper last night and watched another episode of “Better call Saul” my current favourite .

I am excited to hear how Marydolls DD’s wedding went yesterday . The garden looked perfect .

Happy birthday to Mr GrandMattie I hope he has a wonderful day and gets his carrot cake ?

Thinking of our missing friends dragonfly and BlueSapphire and those like CherryCezzy who aren’t feeling so good too.

Have as good a Sunday as possible everyone . Love Gillybob xx

Puzzler61 Sun 09-Aug-20 08:35:36

Good morning Mick and all. It was a clammy night in Worcs., bit of a breeze now and dull.

Happy birthday to Mr GMattie. Have a great day. Carrot cake is lush, I agree with him.

Grandmabatty that’s a pretty painting - did you accomplish that just in one day? It’s ready to hang, just find it a space on your wall.

Hope the Marydoll ‘s had a super day yesterday. They are probably having a wee lie in this morning ?

Mellow Enjoy your trip into Porthleven - a lovely place and one of our favourites.

DH and I have agreed to do very little today so we shall be taking it easy. He’ll watch the GP later.

Have a good Sunday everyone ?