Gransnet forums

Chat

My favourite season is Autumn - what's your's ? :-) :-)

(26 Posts)
Serendipity22 Mon 10-Aug-20 12:27:41

The reason I love Autumn is because the leaves on the tree's are stunningly wonderful, I love the coolness in the air while the day is bright from the sun, I just love everything about Autumn.

I have been lucky enough to go to Canada in Autumn, whoaaaa amazing .....

smile

Serendipity22 Mon 10-Aug-20 12:30:16

Forgot to mention that I also love not needing a big coat on, just walking round in a thick jumper, scarf slung loosely round neck and sunglasses on a wonderful, bright Autumn day....

AGAA4 Mon 10-Aug-20 16:31:02

Autumn is definitely the best season for me. We don't get this humidity which is tiring and a walk in the woods crunching through the fallen leaves is a once a year treat.

BlueBelle Mon 10-Aug-20 16:34:27

A hot hot summer just like it is now, in the sea every day ☀️??‍♀️

NanKate Mon 10-Aug-20 16:39:22

Autumn for me too ??

Bellanonna Mon 10-Aug-20 16:45:06

I love that autumn smell, the berries, the leaves turning, woodsmoke, the whole mellow fruitfulness thing. Not late autumn though when all the leaves are down.

MellowYellow Mon 10-Aug-20 16:47:36

Autumn and winter. I love the cold.

Grandmabatty Mon 10-Aug-20 16:55:13

I love autumn. I always have. Frost when I wake up, blue skies and sunshine and a crispness in the air. The myriad of colours of the leaves, ripe berries, birds jostling each other and flying away to warmer places. The light is different as well.

BladeAnnie Mon 10-Aug-20 16:57:37

Autumn is my favourite but winter a close second - I'm not a hot weather girl

B9exchange Mon 10-Aug-20 17:01:36

Spring for me, I find autumn really depressing, everything dying, nights drawing in, having to start wearing vests again. give me spring every time, with everything fresh and new and the whole of the summer to look forward to!

Callistemon Mon 10-Aug-20 17:08:45

Late spring, early summer.

September means winter is on the horizon, winter, although I agree the autumn colours can be glorious.

timetogo2016 Mon 10-Aug-20 17:09:06

Autumn, i love seeing the trees change colour and spring as i love watching the daff`s atc poke their heads up through the soil.

dahlia Mon 10-Aug-20 17:23:30

I love both autumn and winter. Although things appear to be dying, I look forward to everything coming back as the shortest day passes. Here in Cornwall it is usually mild, and we tend to have camellias, etc., out in time for Christmas. I really love snow and frost, lighting the log burner, that wonderful cosy feeling, it doesn't happen here often!

sodapop Mon 10-Aug-20 17:44:29

So many people favouring Autumn, I'm quite surprised I thought I would be in a minority with MellowYellow
I love the cooler weather and the glorious colours of Autumn, I can imagine it was lovely in Canada Serendipity

rafichagran Mon 10-Aug-20 18:04:00

Autumn and Winter for me.

Mapleleaf Mon 10-Aug-20 18:47:18

I love the Autumn for the glorious colours and earthy smells but also Spring for the reawakening and freshness after Winter. I suppose, though, all the seasons have something to offer.?

Callistemon Mon 10-Aug-20 18:48:21

I am so surprised!

I do love seeing the trees here change colour but the thought of a cold, possibly very wet winter is a bit depressing.

Bridie22 Mon 10-Aug-20 18:48:34

Summer sunshine.

quizqueen Mon 10-Aug-20 18:55:01

I enjoy all the seasons in different ways. Having lived somewhere for a few years where it was constantly unbearable summer weather, I've learnt not to complain about British seasonal weather.

What I will complain about though is the use of a capital letter at the beginning of a season!

Grandma70s Mon 10-Aug-20 18:58:42

Another vote for autumn. As soon as the leaves begin to turn colour and we get those sharp, dewy mornings I get the sort of thrill that I gather other people get in spring.

Summer is my least favourite season, because I absolutely loathe being hot.

Beauregard Mon 10-Aug-20 20:54:37

Autumn for me, with Spring a close second. I don't like the extremities of Summer and Winter.

tinaf1 Mon 10-Aug-20 20:55:28

Spring, love it when the days start getting longer, and all the trees and shrubs start blossoming

Serendipity22 Mon 10-Aug-20 21:10:37

Love reading these replies ....

Fantastic ☆☆☆☆☆☆

smilesmilesmile

Chewbacca Mon 10-Aug-20 21:16:28

Absolutely autumn. I love those clear, hard blue skies and that nip in the air, first thing in the morning. I love the brightness and sharpness of the colours of leaves and fruit. I love to smell woodsmoke coming from chimneys and garden fires and seeing piles of red and gold leaves piled up on the grass verges. I love everything about autumn! Especially getting into a cool bed and snuggling down to get warm.

Witzend Tue 11-Aug-20 09:49:37

Much like *quizqueen’, I enjoy all the seasons, having spent many years in a climate with just two - hot and absolutely bloody stinking hot - and for a month or so with the sort of humidity that makes the UK’s ‘humidity’ seem like a joke.

I well remember dh having to change his soaking shirt a few hours after dark - and all he’d done was go outside for a couple of minutes to put our suitcases in the car. It was that bad.

Winter weather made up for it, though! So many grandparents, including our parents, would visit at Christmas,
when it’d be 70s/low 80s in old money.

Having cooked Christmas dinner for a dozen for 40 years, my lovely MiL jumped at the chance to come when first invited. FiL grumbled at the idea of leaving the house in winter - good old MiL said, ‘You can do what you like - I’m going!’