Gransnet forums

Chat

Cool at last. But probably not for long

(15 Posts)
DiscoGran Thu 13-Aug-20 09:38:26

Woke up at six feeling a bit strange....... Then realised the bedroom no longer felt like an oven. In fact looking out the window it looked like a misty October morning! Went for a long walk in the cool air. Got all the windows open. Feel almost human. ?

Lucca Thu 13-Aug-20 09:40:41

no no ... please may the sunshine stay out! We have so many grey days.

Serendipity22 Thu 13-Aug-20 09:47:00

I can only say hear hear to you DiscoGran.

Whoaaaaaa toooo warm, can't cope in the heat. I too flung my windows open to let the 'cool breeze' in and felt human again ....

Yes, I love summer day, but not when its unbearable and I feel like I'm being cooked on gas mark 10......
smile

BlueSky Thu 13-Aug-20 09:49:56

I'm withDisco here after how I felt yesterday! I just couldn't cool down, I stayed indoors in darkened rooms, fans on, in and out of shower, sipping cold water, you name it, I only cooled down last night. Maybe my BP medication has something to do with it but it was not just hot but very humid!

DiscoGran Thu 13-Aug-20 09:59:50

It's now gone really really dark. Think it's going to ?️?️?️

Oldwoman70 Thu 13-Aug-20 10:09:16

What is it about the British? We complain it is too hot, we complain it is too cold. I take each day as it comes (although I do prefer hot weather to the biting cold!). Wait until we get to the middle of winter and everyone will be longing for the summer hmm

Serendipity22 Thu 13-Aug-20 10:12:28

That's very true Oldwoman70. Foreigners say that us English talk of nothing but the weather hahaha.

timetogo2016 Thu 13-Aug-20 10:16:51

I hope not DiscoGran.
Just found out the roof is leaking and the lightbulb is full of water in the bedroom.
Awaiting for repair persons.

DiscoGran Thu 13-Aug-20 10:19:56

Yep. It's torrential here in Cambridgeshire with thunder and lightning. I love a thunderstorm.

Charleygirl5 Thu 13-Aug-20 10:30:32

We have had three drops of rain in NW London. It is so humid I can barely move.

henetha Thu 13-Aug-20 10:32:55

It's not very cool here in south Devon, although they said it would be cooler today. They keep threatening us with thunderstorms, most of which I've managed to avoid thank goodness. But we could do with some real rain.

tanith Thu 13-Aug-20 11:07:11

We had rain for half an hour 6:15 ish it was so nice with windows open lying in bed with the rain on the windows and it’s cooler now a nice breeze.

lemongrove Thu 13-Aug-20 11:18:50

A storm here early evening yesterday, wonderful! The garden enjoyed it’s soaking and it cooled down a few degrees.
A lot better today with a week of further storms and rain to come, and am really glad tbh.As others say, feeling human again.

lemongrove Thu 13-Aug-20 11:19:48

I may actually get a bit of housework done today and some more baking.?

Riverwalk Thu 13-Aug-20 11:34:06

It's a mere 25C in London right now but still sooo humid. I did an hour's walk earlier but it was a plod rather than a brisk walk!

I'm waiting for the much-promised thunderstorm and rains.