Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Friesday

(2 Posts)
Rufus2 Fri 14-Aug-20 12:58:20

Here we are again! No idea what caused yesterday’s hiccup!
Top of the class!? No more naughty stool, but why “neb”? I thought it was going to be weather-related and now what animal would be proud to be called a “moudiewart”? Would have to be Scotch! grin
Your storms sound fantastic! I‘m always fascinated with dry electrical storms with forked lightning racing along under high cloud; lasts for ages and much safer than forked lightning.
NZ appears to be having another bout of Covid in Auckland. Where are your rellies Megs I wish them well. Jacinda faces an election shortly, so it’s probably going to help her chances by demonstrating her authority as before.

Vic is see-sawing a bit with new cases and deaths. Our youngest death yesterday being a man in his 20s.
The authorities are treating us as idiots, apart from the super idiots who flout the rules such as refusing to wear masks and cop fines, but if the number of new daily cases is less than the previous day they immediately talk of us being past the “peak” as if the end is in sight! With the ever increasing number of unemployed there’s a lot of people who would disagree.
FlyingHandbag I ducked when I first saw your nickname, but you’re not like that, are you? Nothing like a good cry to lift the spirits, so I’m told and I thought you were about to say your Mum joined in to make it a group session. [hmm

My outside entertainment is over; now there is just an empty block where a lovely bungalow stood a few days ago to be replaced by two town houses. What a prospect! Tradies and trucks all over the place; not too sure what limits will apply on number of tradies gathered in one project. It’ll be something to look at other than this computer.
Weather is mild, muggy and showery; not too bad with official Spring only a couple of weeks or so, away.
So far so good, so I think I’ll “Save” this now and cut/paste before the gremlin strikes again.
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

Megs36 Fri 14-Aug-20 13:55:43

HiRufus, glad you’ve got your messages ‘working’. I have no idea how to send or save any other way than this ??,
Rellies in NZ very upbeat at the moment,and think returning people /idiots have jumped isolation ,Jacinda has a lot of people depending on her, hope she can keep up her good work. Here people coming back from hols in France and lots of other places are facing 14 days isolation on return not going down well with some naturally.BUT other restrictions are relaxed, not sure the left hand knows what the right hand is doing. Fines for not wearing face coverings wheremandatory increased considerably and aparantlythe police are trying to clamp down on ‘car bars’. (Don’t ask, I don’t know) it seems the stranger things are the mor inventive some morons become.
Our heatwave seems to be dying down with lots of heavy rain, still warm though.
Take care
Cheers ?????