Gransnet forums

Chat

Further Senior Moments !

(115 Posts)
NanKate Wed 16-Sep-20 10:59:06

I was finishing my normal morning ablutions and fulled my top forward to give myself a couple of sprays of my Liz Earle perfume. To my horror I found I had squirted the grapefruit and ginger bathroom spray all down my front. ?

Gwyneth Wed 16-Sep-20 11:03:53

I’ve sprayed hairspray under my arms instead of deodorant. Had to go back in the shower as it was so sticky!

tanith Wed 16-Sep-20 12:01:32

I’m beginning to wonder too, on Monday ( I knew it was Monday at this point) I had my walk had breakfast and then went for my shower and somehow in the shower Monday morphed into Tuesday (my GD comes to dinner after school Tuesdays).
Got dressed started to tidy up got homemade burgers and some buns out of the freezer for our dinner and carried on with my day, made GD some snacks and 2:30 doorbell goes it’s her. I say hi T it’s burgers for dinner with salad she looks at me like I’ve gone mad and says Grandma it’s Monday I just popped in for a drink and a wee and laughed her head off.

I’m a bit worried ?

NanTheWiser Wed 16-Sep-20 12:34:35

I did a towel wash today, and forgot to add washing powder and conditioner! It looks clean enough though, and there is usually some soap residue in the machine, so not too bothered.

Charleygirl5 Wed 16-Sep-20 13:25:27

I am partially sighted and a week ago I was getting dressed and tried to squirt deodorant under my arms. I thought the canister a tad thicker than usual, thought no more about it, felt liquid stuff running down both sides of my body. Blue liquid shaving gel was running on to my bedside rug.

I did not intend buying the stuff- it must have been on the same shelf as the deodorants. I had a hasty shower and then cleaned up the rug thanking God I had laminate or tiled flooring upstairs.

Auntieflo Wed 16-Sep-20 15:57:23

NanKate, I bet you smell luvverly!

phoenix Wed 16-Sep-20 16:06:08

I once squirted savlon on to my toothbrush. Luckily the smell alerted me before I put it in my mouth.

Close call though!

MissAdventure Wed 16-Sep-20 16:09:27

This week I've squirted shaving gel instead of deodorant under the arm of someone I support. blush

Lexisgranny Wed 16-Sep-20 16:20:20

As I have sensitive skin, I use a scent free face wash, applied with a soft complexion brush. One day my face started to sting and I realised I had used toothpaste - I had quite a rosey glow!

Elrel Wed 16-Sep-20 16:46:09

Friend, when we were in our forties, once arrived at school with a terrible burning sensation in an intimate area. She had mistaken Vim for talc!

Don't tell anyone what I did yesterday. After a cataract op I am getting quite good at applying eye drops four times a day. The drop, luckily, seemed to be taking a long time to fall. I almost put hand sanitizer in my eye...

midgey Wed 16-Sep-20 16:58:54

Ooh Elrel that would have been agony!
I had a swig of surgical spirit thinking it was indigestion mixture!

Puzzler61 Wed 16-Sep-20 17:12:09

I mistook a small foil tray of cat meat for a similar looking pack of liver pate in the fridge. I took it out and ate some spread on a cracker.
Realised later when I went for the cat meat. (I put it in the fridge to keep it fresh for the cat as it was a hot day).

Willow500 Wed 16-Sep-20 17:22:31

I put my glasses back on after putting my contact lenses in the other day confused

MissAdventure Wed 16-Sep-20 18:50:57

grin
These are great.

Lexisgranny Wed 16-Sep-20 18:56:39

Just recalled an occasion when I was shopping with my husband and realised I didn’t have my spectacles on. We set off to retrace our steps and stopped

Lexisgranny Wed 16-Sep-20 19:00:47

Sorry, clicked too soon.

We stopped to try to remember where I was last wearing them. At this point I caught sight of my reflection in a shop window, and, yes, I was wearing them, and yes, my husband was looking at me wearing them. There is little hope for either of us!

MissAdventure Wed 16-Sep-20 19:10:45

I've put glasses on top of my glasses, and thought I was having some kind of medical episode, with blurred vision and disorientation.

DillytheGardener Wed 16-Sep-20 19:32:49

Accidentally sprayed my grey coverage spray on my ankles instead of insect repellent. The cans were the same size and colour ??

annodomini Wed 16-Sep-20 19:43:44

I've lost count of the number of time I've dived under the shower with my glasses on. At least they were sparkling clean.

Barrygirl Thu 17-Sep-20 10:24:40

I boiled eggs for my salad with no water in the pan! Interesting smells alerted me before any real damage was done.

mphammersley Thu 17-Sep-20 10:28:11

I was having a rubbish start to the day for too many reasons to mention, been a bit (lot) tearful, but thanks to you lovely lot you have made me laugh. Have a great day full of senior moments ?

albertina Thu 17-Sep-20 10:28:36

I am with you NanKate. Yesterday I parked the car to do some shopping and when I came back to the car park marched confidently up to the wrong blue car and wondered why it wouldn't unlock. Yes, wrong car. Right colour though!!

Stress makes me do this sort of thing. My daughters once found a new box of Tampax in the fridge after I had unpacked the shopping !

Nitpick48 Thu 17-Sep-20 10:29:32

I tried to put my glasses on when I already had a pair on...

DaisyL Thu 17-Sep-20 10:32:45

They say that if you come out of the supermarket and can't find your car that is perfectly normal but if you really can't find your car because you came by bus then you should start worrying!

Scottiebear Thu 17-Sep-20 10:39:10

Gwyneth. I too have sprayed hairspray under arms. I have also searched for glasses that were on top of my head.