Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(54 Posts)
12Michael Thu 17-Sep-20 06:13:59

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight but its dry here in Brackley this morning .
My usual day of getting the bus later on to Buckingham and then Bicester ,
Sometimes with the buses which seem to be not as busy if under normal circumstances but its a bus service with a link and an opportunity to see a change of scenery ,
Take Care ,
Mick

grandMattie Thu 17-Sep-20 06:22:30

Good morning from a dawny sort of morning. Clouds, but not sure what will transpire. What’s certain is that there will be no rain for yet another day. It must be over a month since we had the vaguest of showers...
Was to meet a dear young (50 yo!) friend for coffee but she’s called off as she’s just been diagnosed with ME/CFS and is being kind to herself. She’s got a donkey sized dog that needs a great deal of exercise. I don’t know what she’ll do about him...
Soffits will probably be done today. They do look good.
Be gentle with yourselves everyone; have the kindest day possible. Stay safe.

Marydoll Thu 17-Sep-20 06:41:52

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow. I have felt a definite chill in the air the last two mornings. However, could just be me. I'm always cold, even in summer..

DD has been away for a few days and will be popping in with my prescriptions, so I'm looking forward to hearing her news. I shouldn't say popping in, as we are allowed no-one in our home!
My family are concerned about me going out, as we have a Covid hotspot here. It is all a bit worrying, when we were doing so well.☹️

Hoping that all in the sick bay have a bearable day. ?
Take care everyone.

Beechnut Thu 17-Sep-20 06:42:37

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It’s dry and cloudy.

Tuesday morning before breakfast I walked to the postbox and on my return home found that I’d put my top on inside out. Last night I found I’d been wearing my knickers inside out all day so my aim today is to make sure everything is the right way out before putting it on.

Changing the bed and washing is my job for later and some cleaning.

Have a good day day all. It’s rather worrying out there ☹️ ?

Nannytopsy Thu 17-Sep-20 06:49:41

Good morning Mick & grandMattie. Blue skies in Suffolk this morning but a definite chill. Will there be cycling to watch later Mick?
Your friend must be very down right now gM.

There have been reports of vivid dreams this year but really! Last night DH and I met up with some friends at the top of Everest. It was surprisingly warm and not a difficult climb at all but the weather was closing in when we left! Now what triggered that I wonder?

Yesterday I made crab apple jelly - a lovely clear pink batch this year - and today it’s marrow chutney. Then yet more ironing.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Nannytopsy Thu 17-Sep-20 06:51:02

Morning Marydoll & Beechnut!

Sark Thu 17-Sep-20 06:57:52

Good Morning everyone.
Blue and pinkish sky here at the moment.
Usual work day for me.
Beechnut hope you are dressed ok nowgrin
Have a good day and stay safe

MawB2 Thu 17-Sep-20 06:59:42

Good morning all from a clear and crisp village in N Bucks - like Marydoll I agree the mornings are fresher, I like that!
I have been awake since silly o clock, my head buzzing an I cannot think why, unless it is little DGS starting school today. I can’t wait to see the obligatory front door pic - I have seen him in his diminutive uniform and (of course) he is cuteness personified.
Optician yesterday for a lengthy and comprehensive check up including glaucoma, checking for macular degeneration etc etc, and happy to say my eye pressures were actually down a smidgen. I have found myself taking my glasses off to read (laziness) but my optometrist agreed that perhaps the reading strength might be increased in my varifocals so I am treating myself to new glasses too. The frames were not cheap, but only a fraction of the cost of the lenses ?? - I could have had a wee holiday on what they cost, but I argued to myself that my eye sight is the most important thing - even more so than mobility I think for my independence and leisure pursuits and needs all the care it can get. And as I wear glasses 365 days of the year, the cost per wear is less than most if not all my clothes.
Have I convinced myself yet?
Thank you for all the kind messages yesterday, it was a day for reflection and I shed some tears, but of course there are many happy memories too and no one can take those away.
Wishing you all the best day you can have, especially those with health or emotional hills to climb and all those facing yet more incarceration.(Don’t get me started on that!)

Keep safe!

Grammaretto Thu 17-Sep-20 07:04:28

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. It was chilly yesterday and the heating has come on.
I have a streaming cold, sore throat - the lot. I must have got it after playing with DGD for a matter of minutes at the weekend. Keep safe everyone and keep your knickers on the right side out Beechnut
Plans cancelled today.

Sar53 Thu 17-Sep-20 07:07:40

Good morning everyone from a cloudy Essex by the sea. Chillier today than previous mornings.
Supermarket shop today and we have to pick up a birthday present for a grandson who will be 7 next week.
I can't decide whether to get the ironing board out and get the ironing over and done with. Decisions, decisions so early in the day.
Have a lovely day everyone and stay safe xx

Jaxjacky Thu 17-Sep-20 07:14:55

Good morning all from S Hants, a bit dull at the moment, sun due later, definitely cooler. MawB2 I’m a 365 day varifocal wearer too, bit late now for you, sorry, but I recently got glasses and sunglasses from Asda opticians £212 for both.
Anyway, fencing and side gate finished yesterday, a good job done. Flu jab am today, then a play with my new car to link phone into on board computer, bit like Star Trek.
Have a peaceful day all, thoughts with those poorly or struggling x

GrannyGravy13 Thu 17-Sep-20 07:17:38

Good morning Mick and all

The sky is becoming blue, I still have my big bedroom windows open as well as the little top ones, hopefully another warm day.

Flu vaccine and dental hygienist today and I should change the bed?

Hope you are ok Urmstongrsn ?? I do feel for you on the N & P threads.

Thinking of all our absent posters ??

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Kalu Thu 17-Sep-20 07:19:10

Good morning everyone from a cloudy Glasgow however Marydoll, it appears we have a few calm, sunny days ahead which means your DD could have a garden visit with you taking all the cautionary measures. Anything to lift our spirits just now is always very welcome. ?

At least you remembered to put your knickers on Beechnut, things could be worse?. Bed stripping day here too.

DD1 broke the good news to the girls last night that something exciting was happening on Monday and they couldn’t wait to hear what it was. When she told them she had bought a new dishwasher and it was being delivered on Monday, GD2 piped up with, Mummy, that is actually quite boring news. DD is still over the moon about it and is now telling me she has turned into her Mother!?

Hoping Hattie is a bit better today Maw?

Best wishes for a pleasant day all, especially for those of our friends who are having a worrying time.

MellowYellow Thu 17-Sep-20 07:21:38

Morning everyone, a brightening blue sky in south Cornwall. I'm on my patio with my mug of coffee, and the photo is to show the almost impossible orange poppy with a nearly 3ft long stem. It shouldn't stand up but it does!

Funny knicker story Beechnut. My dad went all day once not noticing that his y-fronts were on back to front. (Mum told me, of course. grin) You'd think he would have twigged...?

A quiet day for me, sewing. Hope the day is as good as possible for you all.

Gingster Thu 17-Sep-20 07:25:45

Good morning all from an ok type of start to the day here in Essex. Light skies, no wind and no rain forecast, so I think it will be a pleasant autumn day.

Lots of colds about Grammaretto . Look after yourself.

I had my top on inside out last weekend when we had family visiting, Beechnut. My DD daughter suddenly burst out laughing and announced it to all. My DGD Said ‘I was going to tell you quietly in our own , Nanna.’ Chalk and cheese my Dd and her lovely, sensitive Dd .

My DS1 returned to work In the City yesterday after nearly 7 months of working from home. He didn’t want to go back but was encouraged to by his firm. Early start, trains and expense of travel, another two hours on top of his busy day. Really not necessary.

Bowls this morning, but not sure how many we will be ! I’ll go along and see how it’s going to work.

Let’s all keep our chin(s) up and don’t watch too much news. ?

Susan56 Thu 17-Sep-20 07:28:18

Good morning from Shropshire where a hot day is forecast.

Today is our looking after Henry day so up early.We will collect DGD from school this afternoon and then take them both home.She went into school without crying for the first time yesterday.?

Thinking of all in the sick bay?and all with worries?

Scentia Thu 17-Sep-20 07:29:00

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. A little chill in the air this morning. Dog has been walked, washing done and pegged out, breakfast eaten, so I am on it this morning and that is a good sign as we have a lot in this morning at the factory and I need to set to as soon as I get in. I spent the day with my DD and DGS yesterday and we had a lovely day meandering about a very quiet town near to where she lives, only went in one shop which was an Aladdin’s cave of antiques. I made a mental note to go back when I have some money!
I am hoping that everyone with ills has a moment of peace today.
Mick even I am finding the TDF exciting now, You and DH have converted me!!
Marydoll. I am sad that towns are falling backwards with this covid thing, my town has been put in “special measures” so to speak and we are on the cusp of going back into lockdown. Just when you were getting your confidence too. Take care everyone and remember our new motto. Hands:Face:Space

Grandmabatty Thu 17-Sep-20 07:49:15

Good morning All. It's beautiful blue skies here in Polmont with a definite nip in the air. I love this type of weather. Apart from picking up dgs and depositing him at his granddad's house, I have nothing planned. I'm really looking forward to a day just pottering, sewing and listening t music with the occasional tv. Have a good day all.

harrigran Thu 17-Sep-20 07:55:43

Good morning from a cool NE.
We are expecting to be back in lockdown tomorrow, the infection rate has risen by 620% in our town in the last week.
Have not been inside a supermarket since February so nothing changes for me really.
Take care everyone.

Pittcity Thu 17-Sep-20 07:57:48

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Much cooler than of late.
Washing and ironing are on today's agenda. A trip to Lidl too.
Online pub quiz with the family tonight. We've been doing it every Thursday for 6 months!

cornergran Thu 17-Sep-20 07:58:07

Morning Mick, morning All. Clear and breezy start to our corner of Somerset. Dust removal day here then a phone chat with a friend. Fibro flare up is keeping me fairly static, the exhaustion getting me down now. Oh well, it will pass. Take care everyone, special thoughts for those with health and other worries.

kittylester Thu 17-Sep-20 08:05:04

Morning all from a bright ish North Leicestershire.

We had a power cut in the village last night - we went to bed at 8.30 as we couldn't see to read or watch tv.

Theoretically lunch out with 3 friends today - not sure I will go. I'm not sure about the venue conforming to the rules.

We are also out for a meal with DS1 this evening to celebrate his birthday yesterday.

The ongoing news regarding DD2's mil gets worse every day so a lot of supportive messages to send to DSiL who is lovely.

I use that argument when I buy new specs Maw. grin

TerriBull Thu 17-Sep-20 08:12:06

Good morning from East Devon, I feel so lucky we've picked such a fantastic week to go away. The countryside is beautiful here and the weather wonderful, I feel fortunate we did a spur of the moment booking just last week.

Taichinan Thu 17-Sep-20 08:13:36

Good morning everybody from the Angus coast. The first morning with sun and blue skies for ages - and I'm spending it indoors! Tai chi classes start this morning - four short ones so that I can get everyone through and keep them socially distanced. Interesting to see how fit I feel after four hours - and whether I'll stay awake for the art group coming in this afternoon! I do wonder how long it will last, though, with this second wave of Covid imminent. But onwards and upwards. Sending strength to all those with worries and illness. Have a good day all. ???

brook2704 Thu 17-Sep-20 08:15:07

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s dry with a blue sky. I too have noticed a definite chill in the air the last few mornings, yesterday it took ages to warm up but it turned into a lovely afternoon
I’ve nothing planned yet today but I’ll be happy pottering in the garden as there’s lots of pruning and cutting back needed this time of year.
Ooops Beechnut I’ve done that too with tops ?
Take care grammaretto and everyone else feeling poorly , hope you feel better soon
Thinking about everyone facing more lockdown restrictions and disrupted plans - it’s really tough right now in so many ways.
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care whatever the day brings ?