Gransnet forums

Chat

E-mails

(4 Posts)
Cabbie21 Sun 20-Sep-20 16:05:29

How long do you take to answer an e-mail or text message? I am not talking about something urgent, just a friendly communication. It may not necessitate a reply, but it would be rude not to.
I have recently sent a piece of news via email. One friend replied within 24 hours, another took 5 days, and a third has not replied at all.

Pantglas2 Sun 20-Sep-20 16:10:38

I have three friends in Wales that I went through Primary and Secondary schools with and if I ask for availability on meeting up, one replies immediately to group texts, one replies eventually and the third will need another text.

The first is never late, the second usually on time and the third always late! We’re all different aren’t we!

geekesse Sun 20-Sep-20 16:13:48

Unless it is professional correspondence which needs an urgent reply, I reply when I feel like it. Few things irritate me more than people who get stroppy because I don’t reply instantly to their emails.

Not all emails require a reply. If it’s a piece of personal good or bad news, a brief ‘Congratulations’ or ‘I’m sorry to hear that’ is fine, but if it’s just unsolicited information, I don’t generally reply at all.

tanith Sun 20-Sep-20 16:15:17

I don't actually use email for personal mail anymore i use messenger or
WhatsApp. Get very snappy replies.