Gransnet forums

Chat

Who's awake?

(12 Posts)
flyinghandbagisback Mon 21-Sep-20 03:48:27

Hi all,
I'm in a little bit of pain, not too much but enough to stop me from sleeping, so I'm watching EastEnders from 2008 on the iplayer, it's very good! What about you? X

vickymeldrew Mon 21-Sep-20 03:57:58

Hi there flying. I’m awake (as usual). I have got into this habit of being unable to go back to sleep after a quick visit to the loo. Instead of relaxing, my mind starts racing, thinking of any challenges for the next day. I’m a great worrier!
At least now that DH and I have separate bedrooms I can use on the ipad without interrupting him.

flyinghandbagisback Mon 21-Sep-20 04:24:09

vickymeldrew

Hi there flying. I’m awake (as usual). I have got into this habit of being unable to go back to sleep after a quick visit to the loo. Instead of relaxing, my mind starts racing, thinking of any challenges for the next day. I’m a great worrier!
At least now that DH and I have separate bedrooms I can use on the ipad without interrupting him.

Hi! I don't usually wake up for the toilet for some reason... I haven't been to sleep so I'm listening to music through my airpods. I'm a worrier too, my mother says I would worry if I had nothing to worry about! Why don't you have a cup of tea? X

BlueSky Mon 21-Sep-20 11:56:12

I've started waking up about 4am for the loo since retiring, before I must have been too exhausted to notice. Then I can't get back to sleep, so I go downstairs, make myself a cup of tea, do a bit of browsing and get back to bed about 6. Now that I don't have to get up early for work it doesn't really matter.

Namsnanny Mon 21-Sep-20 12:00:31

Me too! (Awake at 3-4am) perhaps we ought to start The 3 o'clock Club smile

flyinghandbagisback Mon 21-Sep-20 13:47:38

BlueSky

I've started waking up about 4am for the loo since retiring, before I must have been too exhausted to notice. Then I can't get back to sleep, so I go downstairs, make myself a cup of tea, do a bit of browsing and get back to bed about 6. Now that I don't have to get up early for work it doesn't really matter.

I don't seem to ever have the urge to go during the night, no matter how much I drink, except if I'm already awake, I never wake up specifically to go. X

flyinghandbagisback Mon 21-Sep-20 13:47:50

Namsnanny

Me too! (Awake at 3-4am) perhaps we ought to start The 3 o'clock Club smile

grinx

BlueSky Mon 21-Sep-20 19:10:08

FH you are probably too young to wake up needing the loo, I think it's an age related thing. In your case if you have chronic pain it's quite understandable X

JackyB Tue 22-Sep-20 09:33:15

I think I might be eligible for the 3 o'clock club. I'll look in tonight when I'm on the loo.

May7 Tue 22-Sep-20 12:08:20

I'm not surprised you were awake fh I'm hoping you've had a better nights sleep last night and your aches and pains have eased.

Nannytopsy Wed 23-Sep-20 04:38:07

Good morning everyone! I wake very often at about 2 and here I am, still awake. Not helped by knowing I have to be up before 7 to take DGC to school. ?

Elizabeth1 Wed 23-Sep-20 07:27:08

namsnanny I too can be part of these early meet-ups I’m up to the loo on three very early separate occasions however I’m fortunate enough to fall asleep afterwards would I really want to start chatting perhaps not otherwise I may waken up moregood luck everyone