Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(62 Posts)
12Michael Sun 27-Sep-20 06:20:15

Good Morning Everyone,
Its fark but looking dry out there this morning in Brackley .
Yesterday , my planned schedule was disrupted as the cafe where I go to in Bicester now being table service , there was no available tables despite being as regular.
Anyway , did shop in Bicester and returned home via Buckingham and the cafe there was as normal , before a browse and a chat with a dealer at the flea market , before getting bus home.
Today , breakfast , watch TV , cycling starts at 8 on the red button with something like 8 hours coverage of thee Men's elite Road race , unlike last year with this event at Harrogate it was wet all day .
One thing from yesterdays experience , there seems thanks to government rule changes an urge to panic buy , likewise Bicester retail Village was busy people buying things when there is no rush to.
Take Care,
Mick

Beechnut Sun 27-Sep-20 06:24:40

Good Morning everyone. It’s dry and very dark on Severnside.

I’m off out today, no idea where. I hope it’ll be a nice day.

Lovely to see you both Bellasnana and dragonfly yesterday.

Take care all and enjoy your day whatever you do ?

grandMattie Sun 27-Sep-20 06:28:02

Good morning from a dark, cold and dry E Kent.
Mick, you’re in for a treat - 8 hours of cycling! Yes, I’ve noticed more people buy more stuff. It’s all over social media - I don’t know if that makes matters worse.
Today, we’ve got virtual church. Probably do the cleaning as well, as DS teaches all week and the vacuum is too noisy for him to hear his students.
I’ve seen a new recipe for tarragon braised chicken which I might try for tonight.
I trust everyone will have a contented day, the poorly and the well. Stay safe.

FannyCornforth Sun 27-Sep-20 06:33:37

Good morning everyone
This is my first time on Mick's GM threads.
Still snuggled in bed with Miss Marple on Radio 4 extra, with a
sleeping dog next to me. Lovely!
Just need a cup of tea...
Have a peaceful day every one x

Oopsadaisy4 Sun 27-Sep-20 06:46:20

Morning everyone, it’s not quite light enough to tell what the weather will, be like, but it’s dry and breezy so far in our part of Oxfordshire.
DD to lunch today asked her what she wanted and she said a full roast please, so a full roast is what she will get plus apple crumble that I made from last years blackberries and apples from the freezer.
Apart from that a quiet day, hope everyone has a good day too.

NanKate Sun 27-Sep-20 06:47:52

Morning Mick and All.

Welcome to the GM thread Fanny. There is always a gentle feeling on this thread where Posters are kind and thoughtful.

I’m 74 today, where did the years go ? Off to our favourite Italian Cafe at lunchtime for one of their delicious paninis filled with roasted veg and DH will have one with Italian ham and herbs, plus a glass of wine each, followed by a full strength Italian coffee. ☕️

Welcome back Bellasnana you have been missed and Dragonfly too. ??

Bellasnana Sun 27-Sep-20 06:50:04

Good morning from Malta where it is already hot and the fierce wind of yesterday has gone.

Been awake for ages thanks to a very noisy cicada which was in the yard and kept up its screeching until daylight.

Had a four hour FaceTime with DGD yesterday! She’s good company and we never run out of things to chat about. She’s 9 years old and lives in Florida.

Right, time to get up and do my 30 minutes of exercise before another day of doing not very much.

Hope you all have a good day whatever you are doing.☀️

Bellasnana Sun 27-Sep-20 06:51:36

NanKate crossed posts! Thank you for welcome and for keeping in touch. You are so kind.?

Bellasnana Sun 27-Sep-20 06:53:19

Oops! Pressed too soon! Happy birthday NanKate. Hope you have a lovely day. Enjoy your panini!?

mumofmadboys Sun 27-Sep-20 06:57:49

Happy birthday Nankate! Have a lovely day!
I am going cycling shortly, then church, quick lunch before an online bridge competition starting at 1 pm. I am playing with a different partner today. Then cook tea for the family- not quite sure what yet! A friend brought round a load of tomatoes and mushrooms yesterday so we will be eating these all week I think! Have a good day all and keep safe.TOYA with worries/ illnesses.

Beechnut Sun 27-Sep-20 07:04:42

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday NanKate enjoy your panini ??. Welcome Fanny

FannyCornforth Sun 27-Sep-20 07:07:48

Thank you, and many happy returns to NanKate!

grandMattie Sun 27-Sep-20 07:12:55

Happy birthday NanKate. ??

Nannytopsy Sun 27-Sep-20 07:14:11

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Welcome Fanny and Happy Birthday NanKate! Enjoy your lunch.
Monday is a busy one with school run, dog wrangling and afternoon pick up, so today we must pack for our short trip to North Wales.
It is grey outside with a cold wind, so I wouldn’t want to do much outside in the garden today.
Glad to hear that Dragonfly is back!
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

NfkDumpling Sun 27-Sep-20 07:27:47

Morning All

Its still wet and windy here in the north of Norfolk, although not raining at the moment. Lots of trees down and some very large puddles.

Nothing planned for today so DH has got a lamb joint out of the freezer and we'll have a Sunday lunch for two.

Have a lovely birthday NanKate

Nanabanana1 Sun 27-Sep-20 07:28:26

Happy Birthday NanKate,
Looks like a nice sunny morning here in Torbay although quite nippy. Not a lot to do today just pottering, seem to potter a lot since lockdown started ?
Beef stew and dumplings for dinner, my sons favourite, that’s as busy as I’ll get today,
Glad to see Bellasnana posting again.
Wishing everyone a as good a day as possible.

kittylester Sun 27-Sep-20 07:29:21

Good morning all from a blustery North Leicestershire.

Happy birthday, Kate! You dont look a day over 73!! Have a lovely lunch!

Welcome, fanny and welcome back dragonfly and bella.

DH and I plan a walk round the village this morning before a visit from DS2 this afternoon. He is 47 tomorrow shock

We have a chicken for dinner and I'm off to google chicken braised with tarragon.

Hoping to see gilly.

MawB2 Sun 27-Sep-20 07:33:31

Good morning all from a blustery N Bucks.
I plan a day of doing as little as possible as I was absolutely zonked last night! I had driven over to Norfolk to have lunch with ! SIL and Flynn , it’s a little over 100 miles and took me about two and a quarter hours and I am simply out of the habit of two longish drives in one day! The weather when I got there was diabolical, but we went to a lovely farm shop cafe near them for lunch then snuggled down in front of the wood burner for the afternoon! Times like these I do wish I lived just down the road, but nearer any one D would mean further from the others, I can’t win.
So a quiet day today with just a walk for Hattie.
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Jaxjacky Sun 27-Sep-20 07:35:49

Good morning Mick, enjoy your cycling today. A very Happy Birthday NanKate enjoy your day.
I looked at the half allotment plot yesterday and will be taking it, I’ll inherit an asparagus bed.
It’s a grey morning, no real plans for the day after DH played golf yesterday. It’ll be Sunday papers, faff about in garden, measure 2 radiators as one is being moved prior to kitchen refurb, hopefully November.
Have a pleasant day all, thinking of those in choppy waters.

Beauregard Sun 27-Sep-20 07:44:40

Good morning from Derbyshire. Breezy but dry and cool here.

Not much planned today so I might tidy up the garden and plant some bulbs. Roast lamb for dinner later as it was on offer this week.

Not much else to say except how much I look forward to getting up to read this thread each day. It is lovely and does me the world of good. So thanks to all flowers

Happy birthday to NanKate have a lovely day

Welcome Fanny

Hope everyone has a good day today.

Urmstongran Sun 27-Sep-20 07:48:39

Sun’s up here! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga ? where we have a forecast of 29°C today.

Himself is living his best life right now. Man. Utd game in a bar yesterday (I went because the bar is owned by some Manchester friends who came out here 20 months ago). I just had a couple of vinos and chatted with the wife there as the bar was very quiet ...

Today he has a dilemma. Whether to go with his friend at lunchtime and watch the Rangers game in their usual bar or stay home to watch the Grand Prix as they clash. Decisions, decisions!

Whatever he decides I shall sit in the gardens, read and relax.

Welcome FannyC ? - where are you posting from? Many happy returns of the day to you NanKate ??

And FOUR HOURS of FaceTime Bellasnanna? I’m lucky to get four minutes with our eight year old grandson!
?

Hope Sunday is kind to us all. Thinking of you too gillybob. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

brook2704 Sun 27-Sep-20 07:50:31

Good morning everyone from a very cool Inverness with a clear sky - hope the suns out later
A very happy birthday nankate - enjoy your day and your birthday lunch ???
Nothing much planned for today yet, I’m not very well organised in planning meals so I think I’ll go through the kitchen cupboards and get a list together for next weeks shopping trip.
Sounds like you had a lovely but tiring day Maw but worth it!
Take care everyone and enjoy today, stay safe ?

cornergran Sun 27-Sep-20 07:52:39

Morning Mick, morning All from a bright, chilly corner of Somerset. Garden tidying for me this morning, I may get to dealing with the chaos that is our guest bedroom, or I may not.

Happy birthday NanKate, your plans sound just right. Welcome Fanny, good to see you. That was some drive Maw, as you say worth every mile, enjoy a well deserved rest today.

Take care everyone, look after yourselves, special thoughts for those with heavy hearts.

dragonfly46 Sun 27-Sep-20 07:54:44

Good morning from, as kitty says a windy Leicestershire.

Welcome Fanny this is indeed a very kind thread.

Happy Birthday Nankate have a lovely day.

Walking with friends again this morning then roast beef for dinner.

Sar53 Sun 27-Sep-20 07:57:53

Good morning from a cold, blustery and damp Essex by the sea. It was very cold yesterday and even DH mentioned putting the heating on but not till the beginning of October. I think it may go on earlier than that.
Happy birthday Nankate, have a lovely day.
DH is off to rugby with his 2 eldest grandsons, 6 and 7. I'll stay in and prepare the veg to go with roast pork.
No other plans today. I've started a new cross Stitch and I think a new puzzle will come out.
Have a pleasant Sunday everyone and stay safe in these very uncertain times xx