Gransnet forums

Chat

Boris

(85 Posts)
farview Tue 29-Sep-20 22:07:05

OMG...wether you love him or loathe him...he looks so very poorly.....not being nasty...but feel that he absolutely shouldn't be making decisions

farview Tue 29-Sep-20 22:07:54

...re the 10 o'clock news..

Parsley3 Tue 29-Sep-20 22:13:59

He does look thinner.

Bixiboo Tue 29-Sep-20 22:21:39

Agree with you farview. It seems that the job is too much for him at present, wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gone by Christmas.

Ellianne Tue 29-Sep-20 22:28:20

I thought that too farview.

J52 Tue 29-Sep-20 22:38:28

If this is the state he’s in, I’m very, very worried about any Brexit negotiations!
He seems to be in total meltdown.

suziewoozie Tue 29-Sep-20 22:42:06

He’s simply not up to the job - nothing to do with having been ill. He thought in December that it was going to be a breeze but he’s well known to be idle, not interested in detail, never taking responsibility for anything. He has no self awareness, is unable to reflect on his own shortcomings and failings. There could not have been a worst personality to be PM during a pandemic. If there’s any sympathy going, there’s plenty who need it because of him

NotTooOld Tue 29-Sep-20 22:58:31

I think he is suffering from long covid, poor man.

mokryna Wed 30-Sep-20 00:52:22

He never thought that being Prime Minster would mean work, even before Covid he was absent at some very important meetings. He just wants his name to be down in the history books as the man who fixed Brexit. As soon as that is written in he will use the excuse of still suffering from the effects of Covid.

Lucca Wed 30-Sep-20 07:37:25

Why are people talking about him being thin ?didnt he himself say he wanted to lose weight ?
Sorry but rather a lot of misplaced sympathy I feel.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 30-Sep-20 07:44:48

Johnson has never ever been up to any job he has undertaken.

The worse thing is that the majority of parliamentary MPs knew that before he was elected but they went ahead anyway because they thought correctly that his buffoonery would win the election. The fact that they knew he would be bad for the country didn’t matter.

Now chickens and roost.

He will be gone. The question is who next? That is the worry. Look at the possibilities?

Riverwalk Wed 30-Sep-20 07:47:55

He's not up to the job.

If anyone needed reminding of how he doesn't do detail only had to watch his toe-curling performance yesterday when he didn't know the new rules he was imposing on the NE.

Kept looking to his left for assistance, but none was forthcoming grin

vegansrock Wed 30-Sep-20 07:50:36

Resembling Worzel Gummidge isn’t a good look, umming and erring and bumbling speeches is embarrassing, but worse is not knowing the detail of your own rules. Doesn’t inspire confidence and could explain why so many flout the rules.

Sparklefizz Wed 30-Sep-20 08:43:03

I think he is suffering from Long Covid which can include mental exhaustion in the form of brain fog as well as physical exhaustion.

He is not well and should step down on health grounds.

Sparklefizz Wed 30-Sep-20 08:47:28

suziewoozie

He’s simply not up to the job - nothing to do with having been ill. He thought in December that it was going to be a breeze but he’s well known to be idle, not interested in detail, never taking responsibility for anything. He has no self awareness, is unable to reflect on his own shortcomings and failings. There could not have been a worst personality to be PM during a pandemic. If there’s any sympathy going, there’s plenty who need it because of him

He nearly died only a few months ago. Anyone who has suffered from post viral symptoms can understand (mine led to 31 years of M.E.) and will know that you can't just leap back into action, especially when the country is suffering such a crisis.

When he first reappeared on the podium, he was very breathless. I think he still is.

Lucca Wed 30-Sep-20 08:50:55

If he is unwell he should step down immediately after all there are plenty of fantastic alternatives waiting in the wings.......

travelsafar Wed 30-Sep-20 08:52:45

I wonder if he is going to get us through Brexit so he will go down in the history books as the PM who did. Then he will resign on the grounds of ill health due to having had Covid. It has all gone wrong for Boris and his dice with death surely has had an impact on him. He seems to be approaching everything half heartedly without his usual gusto.

FannyCornforth Wed 30-Sep-20 08:53:49

Agree about the long Covid and his inability.
I remember crying on the day of the Brexit result because I was so scared that he would be PM.
I wish thank he had have been now, as we'd be well rid of him.
His absolute sense of entitlement is staggering.
Someone said that Johnson wanted to be PM, and wants to have been PM, but doesn't want the bit in the middle.
How do you lot think that this will pan out?
Do you think that he will 'deliver' Brexit, or go before then?
Cummings' father in law said he'd go in February, I hope that he doesn't last that long.

FannyCornforth Wed 30-Sep-20 08:56:29

travelsafar for gusto read bluster.
The man is an amoral charlatan.

FannyCornforth Wed 30-Sep-20 08:58:33

Can you tell I don't like him?smile
I even voted bloody Corbynsad

Riverwalk Wed 30-Sep-20 10:09:10

Bumbling Boris doesn't look so 'endearing' these days - now he's prime minister.

Ruffling his hair just doesn't have the same appeal!

FannyCornforth Wed 30-Sep-20 10:14:16

Dear God, he looks awful.

Sarnia Wed 30-Sep-20 10:14:57

Whether you are a Boris fan or not, if he goes, who would replace him? The alternatives are the stuff of nightmares.

varian Wed 30-Sep-20 10:17:07

Should he not have been wearing a mask?

FannyCornforth Wed 30-Sep-20 10:18:18

I'd have Mrs May back.
I do agree Sarnia, there's not a great deal of talent about.
Ditto with the opposition.