Gransnet forums

Chat

DPD rant

(9 Posts)
Bluebellwould Thu 01-Oct-20 08:34:44

At 7.30 this morning I am in the bath with head covered in shampoo When I hear the doorbell ring, knock and another ring in quick succession. I wipe my eyes and look at my security camera via my phone. It’s the DPD driver with a parcel. I speak to him via phone and say I’m not answering door could he leave it in doorway. He tells me I have to answer door. Well there’s no way I’m getting rinsed and into dressing gown to answer door particularly as quickly as he needs. So I ask him again but he walks off with parcel. He doesn’t leave a card and I have received no texts advising delivery like normal. When I am up and dressed I phone company but as I don’t have a tracking number or any paperwork and no idea who sent it they couldn’t trace it. They tried address and phone number But no luck. I’m now left with a mystery missing parcel. I realise they don’t leave parcels on doorstep due to theft (as advised this morning) but really I was in, spoke to them and prepared to take risk of theft. Why can’t companies have a bit of discretion.

Marydoll Thu 01-Oct-20 08:39:18

I always get a text message from DPD, advising me of deliveries.

However, it does mean you have to have given the retailer your contact number when you order.

DH missed a very expensive delivery the other day, because we were out and he never looks at his phone.?

Spangler Thu 01-Oct-20 08:46:48

You had a delivery at 7;30 am. Most drivers are still loading their vans at that time. But, DPD does mean: Driver Personality Disorder, so his action was excusable.

Don't bother with DHL, Drop It, Harm it, Lose it. You could always get it sent by Parcel Farce, there again, perhaps not.

Jaxjacky Thu 01-Oct-20 08:52:35

Increasingly delivery people have to photograph the item in an opened doorway to prove it was received, probably because of theft.

Marydoll Thu 01-Oct-20 09:00:49

Our DPD driver always photographs deliveries, but never leaves on the doorstep if we are out.

You can go on their app and register an alternative delivery option.

Bluebellwould Thu 01-Oct-20 09:05:24

I can’t go on website as I have no communication from DPD at all so have no tracking number. No idea who parcel is from either. They couldn’t trace it when I called.

Bathsheba Thu 01-Oct-20 09:14:33

Is it possible the delivery wasn't even for you? That the driver wanted you to take it in for a neighbour? That would explain there being no record of a parcel for you at the depot.

Marydoll Thu 01-Oct-20 09:16:17

if you bought something online, surely the retailer provided the tracking number? It's not DPD who supply it.
It might be worth going through your emails, which is what I've done this morning.
I'm awaiting two parcels, I know one is at the local post office and out for delivery and one is at the the supplier's post office.

I'm sure DPD will attempt to re-deliver but they really should leave a card to say that they couldn't deliver and when they will attempt again.
It is annoying.

MiniMoon Thu 01-Oct-20 09:55:55

If you haven't ordered anything, and are not expecting a parcel from anyone, then perhaps the delivery driver was at the wrong address and has realised his mistake.

I'm afraid that you will just have to wait and see if the parcel is re-delivered.