Gransnet forums

Chat

M&S Xmas Food

(30 Posts)
Katek Thu 01-Oct-20 11:12:36

Anyone else doing their Xmas food shopping today? Online ordering has just opened. Yay!!

kittylester Thu 01-Oct-20 11:14:17

I'm disappointed! I usually get quite a lot from M&S but the gf offering is not so good this year!!

Whitewavemark2 Thu 01-Oct-20 11:21:06

kittylester

I'm disappointed! I usually get quite a lot from M&S but the gf offering is not so good this year!!

Kitty if you want a Christmas cake try simple delicious cakes based in Shropshire. Their Christmas list will be available next week I think, but I do belong to their gluten free cake club and they are the best. I am hoping their Christmas cakes are as good.

Daisymae Thu 01-Oct-20 11:24:30

Seems that they don't deliver, so I won't be using them. You would think that they would have had this sorted out by now.

Katek Thu 01-Oct-20 11:26:53

You’re right though kitty - choice across the board seems limited this year. Only 14 veggie items

Lucca Thu 01-Oct-20 12:22:08

Surely not...... who is having enough visitors to warrant online Shopping food plans?

Rosalyn69 Thu 01-Oct-20 13:53:07

It’s just into October. Who plans Christmas this early? shudders
That said - I have preordered an advent calendar. ?

Oopsminty Thu 01-Oct-20 14:05:21

We always get our Christmas food from Marks and will carry on doing so.

Picking up from the shop won't be a problem.

Of course we won't know the rules with regard to the virus so we might end up with a surplus but neighbours and friends can be recipients if we end up having no big family get together!

lemongrove Thu 01-Oct-20 14:07:17

Kitty I make Christmas cake and mince pies with Dove gluten free plain flour, they turn out very well.?

lemongrove Thu 01-Oct-20 14:08:25

I get M&S food through my Ocado shopping delivery.

lemongrove Thu 01-Oct-20 14:10:08

I shall be making a Christmas cake this month, (DH must have one whatever happens in the wider world?)
Any other plans are definitely on hold.

Ellianne Thu 01-Oct-20 14:21:18

Can we get the full M & S Christmas range on Ocado deliveries lemongrove?

lemongrove Thu 01-Oct-20 14:28:49

Unsure Ellianne but I would have thought so, as partnering up with Ocado means they want to sell more.I must take a look at the site, I hadn’t even thought about their Christmas range at the moment.

kittylester Thu 01-Oct-20 14:40:08

I think the website says collect in store lemon.

I make mince pies with ready roll pastry. #lazywoman.

lemongrove Thu 01-Oct-20 14:41:01

?

Oopsminty Thu 01-Oct-20 14:53:23

I don't think the Christmas stuff will be on Ocado. Of course you can purchase items to be delivered. If you can get a slot. All booked up in October!

staffietara Thu 01-Oct-20 17:05:24

What do you mean by gf?

Bluebellwould Thu 01-Oct-20 17:11:41

I was so looking forward to M&S arriving at Ocado but so far their stuff has been very disappointing and poor quality. I think their Christmas food will be of the same poor quality. They couldn’t even provide decent mushrooms. I’m wondering if they have upsized to supply Ocado without ensuring the usual Marks quality and done it too quickly. They have a huge range of cakes and other sweet things on Ocado.

Puzzler61 Thu 01-Oct-20 17:17:12

staffietara gf is gluten free

Puzzler61 Thu 01-Oct-20 17:19:28

I’ll continue to buy from Sainsbury’s - Christmas stuff too when it’s available - as they have rewarded my loyalty as a regular home del’y customer (for more than 12 months) with delivery slots all through lockdown although I was not shielding.

TwiceAsNice Thu 01-Oct-20 17:26:44

I am getting M&S from Ocado but hardly any Christmas range yet so that is disappointing I was hoping to get some each delivery to spread the cost I usually have a fortnightly delivery and top up fresh stuff from our local farm shop which is excellent. I do hope this new merger was not a mistake M&S have not been so good for a long time, have they bitten off more than they can chew?

lilypollen Thu 01-Oct-20 22:38:54

Sainsbury's offering a free bottle of TTD Prosecco for advance orders. M and S, nothing (they used to). Will do S/B.

lemongrove Thu 01-Oct-20 22:43:01

Bluebellwould I can’t agree...all the M&S products I have got through Ocado have been lovely ( more pricey of course)
I suppose you either like M&S food or you don’t.
Their greengrocery items and fish have been excellent, also cold meats, baked goods and puds.

Oopsminty Thu 01-Oct-20 22:46:47

I don't agree with Bluebelle either. M&S is great quality.

all the M&S products I have got through Ocado have been lovely ( more pricey of course)

Not always more pricey, lemongrove!

Their tuna in spring water is fabulous quality and cheaper than most others

Also have you tried their baked beans? Always a handy staple to have. They are cheaper than Heinz and so much better

FannyCornforth Fri 02-Oct-20 03:35:54

Ocado only have a few M&S Christmas items at the moment.
I imagine that they will have the full range eventually.
Ocado seem to be doing a bit of a drip feed as regards the M&S stuff.
I love M&S food, but I've noticed that the BB dates aren't as good as the Waitrose/ Ocado ones were.
I'm not sure, but things seem a little bit cheaper than I remember them being in the store.