Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Thursday

(4 Posts)
Rufus2 Thu 01-Oct-20 15:36:06

At last! This Win 7 comp. is slowing to a crawl and whilst I’ve got to like it over the years I really must bite the bullet and learn to love my Win10 comp. I did a defrag and disc clean-up, but made only marginal improvement. It’s loaded with progs I very rarely use so “it’s been nice knowing you, but.....!”

I see that Christmas is a’coming. The first fat catalogue arrived today, full of Christmas hampers, but it might be a bit self-indulgent to buy one for myself! That’s the only way I’ll get one!
AGAA4 And some might need to be wearing PPE (is that right?) and have swab-taking gear before opening some threads! Even an open line to paramedics wouldn’t be a bad idea either! Anyway you can relax ‘cos I can ‘t find the one I had in mind, probably because of the aforementioned go-slow problem. Don’t fret, we’ll get there! grin

Jaxjacky Now you’ll have to settle down too! You don’t need to be coy about prick-teasers because AGAA4 has already set that ball rolling with her cactus joke; wouldn’t it be cosy if we all finish up on the “naughty stool ? Unlikely though, as our readership consists mainly of open-minded members! ?

You really should consider a towbar! Cost more than a boot-liner I know, but much more practical! I don’t suppose you have to pay for a road licence for it!?
Don’t forget to post a pic. of your new addition and your co-tenant might oblige by taking one of you brandishing a spade.!
Maw claims she’s pure, so maybe she could turn up and bless the plot to keep it free of pests and diseases! shock

Reading the today’s Good Morning thread made me smile with all the good wishes for your half-allotment. It’s as if you’ve had an addition to your family, although it might seem like that as you’ll obviously be busy tending to it; not during the night of course!
Are they all locked down at night to keep the riff-raff out, as Basil F. would say? {smile]

The idea of that scale would be to annotate each joke so anyone could decide whether to read on or not In any case, we all ticked the box confirming “I am not under the age of 65” didn’t we, when we signed up!?
.It’s still a work in progress, so all contributions welcome!

Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

AGAA4 Thu 01-Oct-20 15:51:28

I will wait in anticipation for your joke Rufus. Don't worry I will be wearing a mask with hand sanitiser at the ready.
A Christmas hamper sounds good but I don't think I will get one either. We can live in hope.

rafichagran Thu 01-Oct-20 16:22:19

Evening Rufus, sitting in a cafe at the moment. Just done some shopping. The shops have their Christmas decorations in at the moment. As my Mum would say ' It gets earlier every year"

Jaxjacky Thu 01-Oct-20 19:03:02

Hi Rufus, I’ll bear tow bar in mind...I loved the response on Good Morning, it’s certainly a project that I’m really getting into, hopefully with some produce next year. I quite like the idea of a naughty stool, perhaps a comfy sofa? I’ll rack the brain for jokes with appropriate marks for ranking, perhaps the old red triangle from years ago
Stay safe