Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Friesday

(6 Posts)
Rufus2 Fri 30-Oct-20 13:06:29

Megs How odd! Why would a simple enquiry regarding other members warrant deletion!? How many "Hail Marys" did you cop.!? grin
I've usually found HQ very obliging when I've asked for clarification of which Guidelines have been breached, not only for myself.
Perhaps there's a "Tier" that forbids free speech. confused
I suppose we'll never know which of the "odd ones" was involved?

Jaxjacky You startled me at first, with your reference to "breaking air, as to what was coming next! That could be dangerous in the confines of a tunnel, as many mine disasters testify; all because of deadly methane gas.! hmm
We've still got the "Ring of Steel" as far as I can tell and neighbouring States are not anxious let us in, even though they need our tourist dollars.
Happily I remain fairly healthy and content with on-line chats courtesy of GN and Zoom. Wander-lust is another faculty that withered long ago! sad
And the forecast is good with finally a return to 28C in a few days in time for the "Big One"! TheMelbourne Cup next Tuesday, the "race that stops a nation and one which you all will be getting up early to watch!
I might force myself to relax on the sun-lounger with the CD player playing sounds of waves breaking gently on the sandy shore!

Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

Jane10 Fri 30-Oct-20 13:32:42

All sounds well down under Rufus2. Its a bright sunny day here but a bit chilly. Hard to believe it'll be November at the weekend.
I've been having a go at cleaning. Pretty hit and miss but if I move things about a bit DH will think at least I've been doing something today!
Nothing much planned for the weekend, or next week, or next month...

Jaxjacky Fri 30-Oct-20 14:03:05

Hi Rufus, might have a look at the Melbourne Cup, we’ve been to Cheltenham a few times. If we’re both home on a rainy Saturday we both chuck 50p in each and watch the horses for a little entertainment. It’s raining, again here down south, but very mild, I remember childhood bonfire nights as frosty and cold, probably selective like sunny summers. Off to the village pub tonight, masks, social distancing, if it stops raining will sit outside with the heaters on.
Stay safe ?

Megs36 Fri 30-Oct-20 15:00:22

Hello Rufus,
I thought you may have read the aforementioned post, it went on at length and many ‘regular’ posters commented then it disappeared???.I enquired where it had gone and got an email from HQ (now deleted ) to the effect it was a thread about a thread (?) and I was being ‘mean spirited and mocking’and not to post that way again. Moi ! Many other comments had been extremely mocking IMO. Felt really annoyed, hence email deleted, as I rarely comment anyway. But as I’ve said before there is definitely a clique who seem familiar with each other and HQ.
Naughty chair for me.
More areas in higher levels here, we in SE seem to be hanging on by the skin of our teeth.
Cheers????????

Jane10 Fri 30-Oct-20 15:18:07

Megs36- I missed all that! ☹️

AGAA4 Fri 30-Oct-20 16:01:24

Hello Rufus from Lockdown Wales. I can't go anywhere till next week. I have thought of tunnelling through to England to see my Grandson. I'm sure they wouldn't notice.

Hope all is well with you.