Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Sunday

(13 Posts)
Rufus2 Sun 22-Nov-20 12:10:29

Good Evening; Sorry to have neglected you ladies, but other matters arose which needed some sensible male input. As you know, they’re arguing the toss about a Male-only thread versus a Female-only, which has become almost a non-event because of the recent exodus of Grandads. Apparently others are around, but wearing good camouflage and also not willing to voice an opinion
I’ll be hanging around to provide some banter that a lady poster, she of the “dangling preposition” craves and also hope that these “Newsletters” from OZ provide encouragement that there is indeed light at the end of the tunnel

Like today’s news for example. 23 days now without any new Covid cases or deaths; border controls are being relaxed, apart from W.A. and the sudden recent severe lockdown in S.Australia has been ended as of now. Apparently the false scare was started by a Pizza employee. No word as to what charges he’ll face, but they could stick him in one of the pizza ovens.

Our TV entertainment continues to be excellent Michael P. is stll riding the rails, still feeding his face. even on Indian trains, but why he always has to try his hand at some local custom, whether it’s preparing some native delicacies, loom-spinning or learning a Morris-Dancing type routine beats me! I must be getting old!

Not too old to be interested in chocalate though! Our latest episode centred on Frys, Violet Crumble, Turkish Delight etc No wonder all the workers who’re interviewed are so happy! grin
The Great Fire of London is out and now we’re digging up Pyramids again.

Jaxjacky . if you’re there! Talking of digging , I came across a very amusing character whilst browsing, called “Dave and his allotment” Thought of you straight away!
You probably know all about it; a series set in the North East. There was an episode
entitled “Nil Desperandum Carburundum” which I haven’t found again involving his allotment and greenhouse being a total wreck. On second thoughts don’t look for it; it’s sad really.

Megs hope you and Mr. M are keeping as well as can be epected. How’s the shielding programme going? Fortunately we don’t have worries like that just now; it was hard enough keeping up with lockdown “levels”
We don’t have to wear masks outdoors now provided common sense and social distancing rules are observed. Much easier with the hotter weather beginning to rev up!
Btw. I noticed in a posting recently you were defined as my “ally”! Does that mean we are on a war-footing!? I still prefer “buddy” as bestowed on us a couple of years ago. hmm

Well, I’ll put a sock in it before someone tells me to do just that; Won’t need bed-socks tonight; temperature conducive to wearing conservative night-wear; Sighs of relief from some lady GNer! grin

Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

GrannyGravy13 Sun 22-Nov-20 12:15:44

I love Violet Crumbles Rufus

I saw a journalist from Melbourne interviewed on the BBC this morning she said Melbourne is open for business albeit with social distancing and that mask wearing will be relaxed from tomorrow.

Keep yourself ?‍♀️

eazybee Sun 22-Nov-20 12:24:08

Good to see you weren't consigned to the naughty step, as some posters thought
Keep writing!

Megs36 Sun 22-Nov-20 14:27:13

Hi Rufus good you’re back and really good news of your Covid stats.
Read the Grandad thread, lot of people getting excited re a Male thread, who’d have thought it, like you say where’s the other Grandads?
Shielding really a choice rather than a rule now but Mr M being very careful still, thanks for asking, Lockdown over halfway now so I guess the virus is keeping it’s head down a bit for a few more days, no talk yet of being mask free though.
Re all the talk of naughty chairs/steps, don’t know wehere or who the ally bit came from, it seems to me there’s a lot of false news, as mentioned by dear Mr Trump, flying about.
Take care and keep up with your news.
????????

Jane10 Sun 22-Nov-20 14:44:37

Still keeping a very low profile here. Our numbers are up again this week so no relaxation of rules for us. It's sooooo boooooring! My motivation has gone for a Burton, can't even be bothered to write these days. At least there's the TV and my trusty Kindle well loaded with good books.
Not sure about Christmas. Family keen to get together but I'm a bit wary. DH's various health issues might keep us out of it all. sad

Luckygirl Sun 22-Nov-20 14:52:39

but why he always has to try his hand at some local custom, whether it’s preparing some native delicacies, loom-spinning or learning a Morris-Dancing type routine beats me........how I do agree with this. It seems to be standard practice now that any "sleb" doing some sort of travel programme has to get stuck into something that they are completely unfitted to do. Why would we want to watch someone making a hash of something when we can watch an expert in action?! - beats me.

Jaxjacky Sun 22-Nov-20 15:35:10

Hi Rufus, good to see you back, although I know you don’t post every evening. Excellent news on your C numbers, we’re out of lockdown on the 2nd, with more stringent tier rules. I sometimes watch Dave on his allotment, he’s generally laid back, nipped up mine today, not so cold here, but the ground is. I feel the same as Jane10, really can’t be arsed, but needs must, unpacking kitchen stuff now it’s finished, just decorating now, man starting tomorrow.
Take care ?

rafichagran Sun 22-Nov-20 17:15:31

Hi Rufus as previous poster said good news on the C numbers.
Keep well and keep posting.

BlueSky Sun 22-Nov-20 17:30:22

Hi Rufus nice to see you, you were conspicuous by your absence. Indeed your virus news provide some much needed light at the end of tunnel. At times it feels as we’ll never get there.
Another fan here of Michael P, I think he’s fun having a go at all those foreign customs, good for him!
Stay well, stay safe, cheers ??

Flapperlady Sun 22-Nov-20 19:50:44

Hello everyone. I'm new here

Callistemon Sun 22-Nov-20 20:00:34

Hello Flapperlady
I hope you can speak Strine.

Rufus COVID is no laughing matter at all so I am astonished that the Pizza man started a false scare.
A friend from SA had her long-planned trip to family in Queensland cancelled as a result of that. I do hope they deal with him appropriately.

Jaxjacky Sun 22-Nov-20 20:01:19

I’m sure Rufus will welcome you Flapperlady but hi from me too.

Rufus2 Tue 24-Nov-20 10:28:37

Hello Flapperlady
I hope you can speak Strine
Callistemon Don't know yet! What's going on?
Where is she? confused
OoRoo (Strine for Hello!)