Gransnet forums

Chat

DPD Delivery Scam

(6 Posts)
Susie42 Tue 24-Nov-20 09:46:41

My OH received an email yesterday purporting to come from DPD stating that they had tried to deliver a parcel at 0830hrs. but there was no reply. This morning another email has come through saying they had made a second attempt to deliver at 0730hrs. and he would now have to pay to receive it and, of course, his bank details were requested. I contacted DPD who stated they had no knowledge of this and they would always leave a card if no reply.

jaylucy Tue 24-Nov-20 09:52:09

Oh yes, that is happening, along with the card put through your door saying they couldn't deliver and to call a certain phone number that is premium rate+
Also be aware that there are phone calls from "Microsoft" saying there is a problem with your account and they need to take control of your system , to correct it. Also a scam.

henetha Tue 24-Nov-20 10:08:54

Ah! I thought so, but wasn't sure. I'm so glad I didn't respond. Thanks for the info. smile

annsixty Tue 24-Nov-20 10:22:58

I have had the DPD one twice now.
I am getting so cynical/ paranoid now I just ignore them all.

shysal Tue 24-Nov-20 10:26:24

I had the DPD one when I was at home yesterday, timed at the current time. I was expecting a delivery, but it didn't seem genuine to me so I deleted it.

SueDonim Tue 24-Nov-20 13:28:29

I had a similar email today. I’ll admit, I had to think twice as I am expecting deliveries but something didn’t ring true about it.