Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(63 Posts)
12Michael Wed 25-Nov-20 06:11:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry outside here in Brackley this morning.
Today , the new supermarket Sainsburys wise opens in Brackley this morning, will use a bus there and back plus walk as well as they sell somethings I cannot get elsewhere .
Apart from that easy day in await further news of what will happen after this Lockdown.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Wed 25-Nov-20 06:18:31

Good morning fromE Kent.
How exciting, Mick, to have a new Sainsbury’s. Have fun with all their spec offers. We have started to go to Tesco as my Sainsbury’s is in the highest infection rate for the country, and it would be silly to expose ourselves to the risk.
I’m completely flummoxed by the new Christmas regulations. But as our AC and GC are either far away, overseas or working, we are unlikely to see anyone, so they don’t affect us.
Doing a zoom cookery course on time for dinner tonight. DH is quite excited...
I hope that today is gentle with the sad, lonely, in pain or any other vicissitudes that life is being so generous with at the moment. Stay safe. X

Elizabeth1 Wed 25-Nov-20 06:35:13

Good morning everyone (one last try at posting)I’m awake really early today and it’s very dark and dry out there from the east coast of Fife I had a wee shopping trip yesterday to B&Ms where I bought a load of toiletries it was a good experience getting out and about. Himself turned into mr grumpy last night I think because he was tired. Hope today’s a good relaxing day for everyone take care and be safe.

Nannytopsy Wed 25-Nov-20 06:47:12

Good morning Mick, grandMattie & Elizabeth and all to come.
Just off to do the school run in the breaking dawn. I’ll pop in later.

cornergran Wed 25-Nov-20 06:47:51

Morning Mick, morning All from a dark, decidedly chilly corner of Somerset. Been awake for an hour or so, far too early. Success Elizabeth, good to see you. Chauffeuring Mr C to the dentist this morning, grocery delivery later and some dust removal in between. Should fill the day peacefully enough. Wishing everyone some brightness in the day, take care.

Sar53 Wed 25-Nov-20 06:52:01

Good morning everyone from a dark Essex by the sea. Not too cold today, I think by tomorrow it will be a lot chillier.
Had a long chat with DD2 yesterday evening where she got very upset. This is so unlike her. I just wanted to put my arms around her and give her a cuddle.
We had a new office chair delivered yesterday and spent ages putting it together, they don't make these things easy. It's all done now so a trip to the tip today to get rid of the old one.
I'm told my parcel is waiting for me at a local shop ??.
Have the best Wednesday you can and stay safe everyone xx

Beechnut Wed 25-Nov-20 06:55:26

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It’s a dark and wet start.
I’m a Border Force fan Marydoll. I’m so sad about it that when I see the carpet at one airport I always say ‘That’s were I was, that’s were I walked’. Oh dear!

I’m going to make a start on my dress for a wedding. It has soft pleating in the front so I’m going to cut into an old sheet to see if I like it and if not will do some gathers.

Only a few more days Urm. I was wondering how many books you had read while you’ve been in your other home.

Have a good day all and stay safe, there’s progress out there

Beechnut Wed 25-Nov-20 06:55:48

?

GrannyGravy13 Wed 25-Nov-20 07:00:52

Good morning Mick and all

Enjoy Sainsbury’s Mick
Sorry your DD is upset Sar53 hopefully she will feel better today, no matter how old our AC are the urge to cuddle and make everything better never goes away thanks

It’s still dark outside, lots of jobs I want to
do today, starting with bed changing, finishing writing Christmas cards and finish decorating the house for Christmas (no main Christmas tree yet as we have a real one in the sitting room, little ones in other rooms)

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

grandMattie Wed 25-Nov-20 07:02:01

Talking dentists, Corner, DS2 has “an assessment” from his dentist yesterday. He said it was totally surreal. He had to put his mobile phone camera with light into his mouth to assess the damage! ?He’s got an appointment for next week.

kittylester Wed 25-Nov-20 07:02:24

Good morning all from a chilly North Leicestershire. I think there is rain in the forecast as well.

Our cleaner is coming this morning so I will try to do some online shopping and keep out of her way.

Dh is going a drive this morning and we must wrap up some of our garden pots.

We do know how to live!!

Scentia Wed 25-Nov-20 07:09:52

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is still dark and feels mild.
I put a ‘shout out’ for a poet yesterday and almost immediately Ashcombe popped up and said she would help, well what a wonderful job she did too, had me in tears it did when she sent me the poem❤️ (Good tears mind!)
Today I am off to DD with mask in hand to give her house a good clean (I just have to bend the rules a bit) she has been really poorly this pregnancy and DH is due back home tomorrow and apparently her house is a ‘right mess’
I will send her out in the fresh air with DGS snd set to. She has ADHD and always struggles to get organised but feeling poorly causes more disorder in her life.
I will then bring myself to go to the shops and get some little gifts for friends before I collect my stuff from Sainsbury’s click and collect.
I really love this little ‘gang’ I am in on a morning and look forward to reading all your posts with my tea mid morning.
Take care everyone and stay safe ❤️

Ashcombe Wed 25-Nov-20 07:10:12

Good morning from damp, dark Torbay!

Beechnut: I'm impressed that they roll out the (red?!) carpet for you at tge airport ......... ?
Sar: it's so hard with long distance family at the moment. Likewise grandMattie
Glad you’ve succeeded, ElizabethI

Little planned for today other than the weekly Zoom meeting with the am-dram gang this afternoon which includes DH joining us from France. Goodness knows if I’ll go to his home for Christmas or not. Travel arrangements have not yet been clarified by our illustrious leaders.

Please stay safe and make the best of a new day, everyone.

Bellasnana Wed 25-Nov-20 07:11:38

Good morning from Malta where it is damp and cloudy.

The church bells have just played their automated version of Ave Maria which means it is 8am and time I got up.

Yesterday’s trip to the nail salon cheered me up as it was lovely to have someone to chat to. As I’ve mentioned before, DGD aged 9 sends me a design each month. She was very happy with the result. I will attach a photo.grin

Had the vet to the house yesterday to take a skin scraping from Buzz to try to find out why he is constantly scratching himself. He has allergies, but nothing seems to help so he’s being tested to try to find a solution other than steroids.

Not much planned for today. Will walk up to M&S Food, weather permitting, but not much else on the cards.

Hope you all get through the day as best you can.☀️☀️

Ashcombe Wed 25-Nov-20 07:12:01

Thank you, Scentia. ☺️ I was happy to help.

Jaxjacky Wed 25-Nov-20 07:15:57

Good morning all from a dark, dry at the moment, S Hants. I woke at 4, had a headache and nausea, unusual, two paracetamol and dozed back off, ok now just a bit tired, had to get up for decorator coming.
Tesco delivery later, no frozen, so will wait to put away until said decorator has gone. Not a lot else on, have a peaceful day all.

NanKate Wed 25-Nov-20 07:20:40

Good morning Mick and All.

Cold and dark in south Bucks.

Your wedding outfit sounds rather nice Beechnut pleats are very popular now.

Do let us know Mick if you get any freebies at the new Sainsbury’s today.

Enjoy your Zoom grandMattie I am starting my first WI Zoom today on ‘The dark side of Dickens’.

I’m pleased to say I have been released from the Sickroom following my garden tumble ?

NannyJan53 Wed 25-Nov-20 07:22:20

Good Morning from a dark and gloomy Black Country. Up earlier than usual.

Partner has to send back his work Laptop and phone today, so waiting for carrier to arrive to collect. He has bought a new phone and SIM and spent so long yesterday trying to contact 02 with the PAC code to keep his old number, I said it would have been quicker to keep the new number and text all your contacts!

He has found a recipe for Ox Cheek, so he is being Chef today.

Our family have already decided we won't meet up over Christmas, as it is too risky. Pointless staying isolated all these months to ruin it now for the sake of a few days. We plan a big family get together when we can next year.

It is very hard Sar53 when are children are upset, even as adults. We just want to take their sorrow off them, and cannot even give a cuddle at the moment.

Wishing you all a safe and pleasant day. Hoping gilly is ok

NanKate Wed 25-Nov-20 07:23:34

What fun your nails are Bellasnana. My eldest DGS was in the chemist with me one day a few years back and showed my purple nails to another shopper with purple hair ?

NanKate Wed 25-Nov-20 07:24:36

Morning NannyJ.

Dwmxwg Wed 25-Nov-20 07:24:55

Good morning from a dark and dry north Surrey
Bellasnana I have nail envy, unfortunately as a nurse I can never have my nails like that, will have to wait until I retire properly.
Elizabeth glad your post didn’t go awol this morning
Sar53 it’s not nice when our AC are upset, we are still their mum and want to make things better for them which isn’t as simple as when they were children
Yesterday’s shift was very busy and whizzed by, glad for a few days off again and plan to have a fairly quiet day until the DGSs arrive this evening. Just have PT first, must dash

Nortsat Wed 25-Nov-20 07:32:42

Good morning Mick and the GM team from east London, where it is very dark!

Elizabeth, I was thinking about your disappearing posts. It happened to me and I was flummoxed by it. One of the GNs on this thread pointed out there is an ‘undo’ button on the keyboard and I hadn’t noticed it. I think I caught it a couple of times with my finger and lost my posts.
It was also suggested there may be a ‘redo’ option, after ‘undo’ has been pressed ... I haven’t tried this but it’s worth having a think, to see if this might apply in your case.

Yesterday we were very surprised to learn that one of our neighbours had Covid19 in April and was in hospital for 10 days. He is in his 70s with prior health conditions. He is making a steady recovery but has been diagnosed with Long Covid. He says the worst symptoms are breathlessness and lack of concentration.
Poor man he said being in hospital, in a room on his own, with no visitors for 10 days was horrible. It was hard to relate to the staff because they were gowned, wearing masks and visors.
We have offered help with shopping and anything else, of course, but we were shocked we hadn’t known. I guess early in lockdown we were being ultra careful (we still are) because I was shielding and we were rarely out of the house.

Well, I had better get moving ... hope MaryD had a good night and thinking of gilly. Sar sorry to hear your DD was upset, at least she felt able to get it all out to mum’s sympathetic ear ...
Good wishes to those facing challenges today and hoping we all have a good day.?

NannyJan53 Wed 25-Nov-20 07:32:52

Morning NanKate glad you are released from the sick bay!

MellowYellow Wed 25-Nov-20 07:33:15

Good morning from a damp but very mild south Cornwall. Was out on the patio again very early, in the dark with just a touch of light on the edges of the clouds.

I always seem to be rearranging my little flat! This morning it's to enable two men to deliver a new washing machine, so things like a dog on wheels (hallway), general coats (ditto), kitchen table/chairs and other stuff have to be put aside to enable them to get through.

Made loads of little origami Christmas trees yesterday, so will string them up today. Then back downstairs to finish off my concreting room. This evening my son is coming round to sort the parts of my phone I don't understand.

Have the best day you can everyone, whatever's going on in your lives.

Gingster Wed 25-Nov-20 07:36:41

Good morning from a very dark Essex. We were up early. 5.30 . DH having a slice off the top of his ear today. Lovely DS1 came to pick him up , stayed for a coffee and they both opened cards and presents as it’s their joint birthday today. DS1 was born on his dads 24th birthday , 47 years ago. He was six weeks early but couldn’t wait. He’s still impatient and a whirlwind but a better son I couldn’t wish for. ♥️.

I’m going for a dog walk with one of my old Pals. . We will have a coffee afterwards in her large garden, and chinwag about all sorts.

Yesterday I walked with my old school friend. We went to a popular park (lake meadows for those who know it) and it was so busy with prams, wheelchairs and so many dogs. We sat on a bench and had a coffee and chatted away until we got quite cold. Lovely to see her though.

These new guidelines and rules for Christmas aren’t clear (as usual) . I’m so muddled about what to do. We all want to be sensible but yearn to be together with our families. ??

Lovely nails Bellasnanna. I bet your Gd was delighted and proud. ?

Sorry to hear of poorly daughters Scentia And Sar. Wishing them well.

A good day to all. ???