Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(86 Posts)
12Michael Sun 29-Nov-20 06:13:34

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, dry and cold here in Brackley this morning.
Early evening late afternoon I walked across to get my usual Saturday Chinese Take Away ,and saw the towns Xmas display, was switched on.
Yesterday, I also received my first xmas card, which will prompt me to get my list ready and start , I have a niece in Canada and she will be my first one, as I will have to use post office to weigh etc before sent .
Take Care,
Mick

Pantglas2 Sun 29-Nov-20 06:25:10

Morning Mick and all to come from a dry north Wales where I’m up again at sparrowfart with the chamberpot ☕️ contemplating.....

A peaceful Sunday is planned with a roast chicken dinner this evening and I might make a bread and butter pudding with some leftover tea cakes.

I have a seed pearl necklace to thread so will have a go although it may be too fiddly for my not-so-nimble-any-more fingers. Fine motor skills disappearing along with most other things these days?

Have a good day folks ?

grandMattie Sun 29-Nov-20 06:35:19

Good morning from a darkE Kent.
Just woken up, I can’t remember the last time I woke up and came downstairs after 0500!?
I had a WI zoom patchwork class yesterday. I feel a bit “spend, spend, spend “ at the moment, what with the two DGDs and these classes, etc. I’ve booked myself in for another two classes. Not expensive at £5 each and keep me out of mischief...
Pant, do you no longer have your chamber pot theses days? Is it broken? Old age isn’t for sissies, we lose our faculties one by one. Grrr.
Nothing on again today, just DD’s virtual church and DH has asked for sprouts tonight. I have to think of something to go with them.
Hope all you lovely people have a good day; the sad, the unhappy, those in pain, and everyone is included! ?

grandMattie Sun 29-Nov-20 06:36:37

Sorr, didn’t read your post properly, Panr. Champerpot still around, as is my bucket!

Bigred18 Sun 29-Nov-20 06:40:37

I envy you all, havent done a thing all day - its 41 degrees here in Sydney and we are just waiting for a cool change to blow through. Enjoy the day.

Ashcombe Sun 29-Nov-20 06:41:50

Good morning to Mick, Pantglas2, grandMattie and the rest of the gang!

Another still and mild day in Torbay. It was quite pleasant when I went for a short walk yesterday which included a brief time in my church, which is open for any who wish to have time to sit quietly. By next Sunday, we should be able to have a service again, although still without singing and with masks being compulsory.

I’ve already written most of my Christmas cards and am now writing some on behalf of DH as cards are not widely sold in France and not at all in their current lockdown. The supermarkets have been open strictly for food only with other goods cordoned off. That was due to end yesterday, I believe. I don’t mind but it’s difficult choosing cards to send to people I’ve never met, other than those who attended our wedding.

I hope those with pain of any kind gain relief and we all have a pleasant “day of rest”!

Dwmxwg Sun 29-Nov-20 06:42:28

Good morning from a cold, dry north Surrey. Awaiting the first cup of tea in my bed.
It is so lovely to see the Christmas lights up Mick. Drove through next village on my way to work, residents were out house decorating and putting up tree in a public area. When I drove home last night it all looked very Christmassy and cheery which brightened my drive home.
DGS1 managed very well with his run and was feeling very pleased with himself.
It has been a busy week for me and I was very tired when I got home last night, thankfully I have slept fairly well. DH slept well too which is a blessing as his leg is still very painful. He has an appointment with the nurse for stocking measurement tomorrow so hope if pain is still bad she will get dr to see him again.
I will try to have a quiet morning but I am not very good at that, shall do some gentle Pilates. Work again this afternoon
Wishing all a peaceful Sunday and kind thoughts to all in pain and with worries

Ashcombe Sun 29-Nov-20 06:45:17

I meant to thank you lovely people the many thoughtful messages of support which people were kind enough to post yesterday regarding my plans to travel to France for Christmas.

Beechnut Sun 29-Nov-20 06:54:48

Good morning everyone from Severnside. It’s dark and damp. I’ve got a chamberpot of red bush this morning.

It’s a slow cooker beef meal for me as I plod on with some card making and letter writing. I hope to go outside and have a mooch in the garden as it’s green waste collection this week.
I had a nice chat with my cousin yesterday by phone. She hasn’t got anything in the way of computering.

I hope you all have a good day with not to many worries ?

cornergran Sun 29-Nov-20 06:57:56

Morning Mick, morning All. Looks dark and damp outside although as far as I can tell it’s not raining in our corner of Somerset. No plans at all for today, just see how it goes. Will try for a walk once the streets are aired as my Mum used to say. She wasn’t an early bird, neither am I, although usually awake early it’s a while before I stir. Missed your post yesterday Ashcombe, hope it all works out. Cards are all written here, will post at the end of the week. Put a small, pre-lit birch tree and some other lights in our conservatory yesterday, enjoyed the grand switch on, really cheered me seeing them. Take care everyone. Hope there is some brightness in Sunday for you all.

Nortsat Sun 29-Nov-20 07:17:26

Good morning Mick and the GM team from east London, where it is still dark.

The lovely man who does the heavy work in our garden did a good job yesterday. He did lots of clearing and pruning.
Today there is some border work to do, some weeding and a pressure wash at the front and the back.

I wasn’t too well yesterday and don’t feel great this morning. I am thinking of those facing challenges today.
Grammaretto is in my thoughts.?

Have a good day all.

baubles Sun 29-Nov-20 07:23:25

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire. It’s too dark to know what the weather is doing but yesterday was beautiful so I’m hoping for more of the same.

Not much happening today, I’ll probably finish writing my Christmas cards, like Mick I’ll have to go to the Post Office with the few cards going to far flung places. I was musing on how few cards I send now, I have used the same hardback notebook for many years now to record my card sending. On the first couple of pages is my original list of recipients with a tick after the name for each year I’ve sent a card, some haven’t had a tick for a few years for various reasons. It’s a little sad to see the ticks dwindling.

Have the best day possible and look after yourselves.

Sar53 Sun 29-Nov-20 07:23:35

Good morning everyone from Essex by the sea, I believe the forecast is for grey and chilly today.
Hoping to get out for a walk this morning then I'm sure DH will be watching snooker and the GP later.
We have a gammon joint in the fridge, probably roast it for dinner.
Another lazy day in paradise ??.
Have the best Sunday you can and stay safe everyone xx

harrigran Sun 29-Nov-20 07:30:37

Good morning from a dry and not too cool NE.
We have a grocery delivery this morning, we had a look on the website last night and they had slots all day today. I need a shuffle of the freezer to get a few things in and we are good to go.
Wrote the family cards yesterday and wrapped DS's birthday gift. No Christmas gifts bought as covid has floored the family and no lists have been written.
Enjoyed the latest Fern Britton book, finished it last night and already well into a new book about living in Provence. Happy memories of holidays in the sun.
Take care.

NfkDumpling Sun 29-Nov-20 07:55:20

Morning All

It's nearly eight o'clock and so overcast it's hardly daylight here in the north of Norfolk.

I haven't popped in for a while mainly due to dodgy internet and DH decorating. Thank you all who have been writing Christmas cards, it's reminded me that I really should see what stock I have hidden away before buying more.

I've bought DGS's present, but that's all so far as I'm waiting to get to a proper shop for the other DGC. It's been decided not to exchange any adult presents this year. Furloughs and threats of job loss have meant lack of cash for several family members so we're just buying for the DGC.

No plans for today apart from a long soak in a hot bath once DH surfaces.

I hope you feel better as the day gets up Nortsat.

Thinking of Grammaretto and family. flowers

Greyduster Sun 29-Nov-20 07:56:10

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. My goodness, it’s murky out there. Grey, misty, damp South Yorkshire. It never stopped raining yesterday and wherever we go today, I don’t want to be slogging through mud, but we need some fresh air. Meat and potato pie for lunch, and I WILL write my Christmas cards later..... watch this space! Have a good Sunday folks. Hope someone has some sunshine somewhere!

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sun 29-Nov-20 07:56:29

Morning all from a still fairly dark South Notts. It's too early to see what's happening weather-wise. I expect to do my usual weekly shop a little later.

This laptop was behaving in a very strange way yesterday as it told me that I'd gone 'incognito' and it wouldn't let me post on anything so I am relieved that I've been able to do a couple of small posts this morning. Let's hope that the gremlins have packed up and left as I don't understand technology. Trivial but it matters ifswim.

Hope today is good for those with illness or real worries.

kittylester Sun 29-Nov-20 08:03:07

Good morning from a very grey North Leicestershire.

Sending love to gramaretto.

We are having a gentle day today. A gentle walk round the village, DH to watch his team while I roast a piece of pork spare rib, potatoes and carrots and put frozen cauliflower cheese in the oven. Then the papers and Strictly!

There is rain in our forecast next week so please, everyone, keep your fingers crossed for our ceiling!

Nannytopsy Sun 29-Nov-20 08:06:09

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Suffolk is overcast and cool today but I do need to get into the garden as I still have bulbs to plant.
I still have Christmas presents to finish before I start to write cards so I must get cracking.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

dragonfly46 Sun 29-Nov-20 08:07:30

Good morning from Misty Leicestershire.

Had a very difficult conversation with DS last night explaining how they cannot come and see us before Christmas as we are in tier 3 and I am extremely vulnerable. It brought it home to me that it is nearly a year since we saw them. Some tears were shed!

DH’s birthday today. It is 2 years ago today I was diagnosed with breast cancer, not a good reminder.

Sorry feeling a little down today.

My thoughts too are with Grammaretto flowers

ginny Sun 29-Nov-20 08:10:21

Good Morning from N. Bucks where looking out of the window does little to cheer.
Still on we go.

We will check the outside Christmas light today as we have decided to put them up much earlier than usual. Indoor decorations will wait a while

Hopefully a short walk after I have prepared a pork and apricot tagine ready for this evening.

I have made myself a promise that all Christmas gifts will be bought or ordered by the end of the week and cards written. Watch this space !

Very painful hands today ( arthritis) probably because I was hand sewing yesterday.

Wishing all a day with some ?

Beauregard Sun 29-Nov-20 08:12:02

Good morning from a dull, dismal Derbyshire. No sunshine expected today.

I only left the house yesterday to pick up meat from the pop up butchers. DH didn't go out at all so no doubt he'll want to go walking today. We need to finish the garden tidy up as the last bin is collected on Tuesday, then the usual walk up to check the girls this afternoon, so that's our day sorted.

We've ordered a Sunday carvery delivery from the local pub for lunch, so no cooking today.

Hope you soon feel better Nortsat

Have a good day everyone and take care.

Gingster Sun 29-Nov-20 08:12:14

Good morning all. Overcast but not too chilly here is Essex.
DS1 came yesterday with the papers and a few bits of shopping and stayed to get our decorations down from the loft and ended up putting our outside lights up for us. We didnt switch them on, as I still feel it’s a bit early. I’ll wait til 1st December. The town lights are on now. Usually we have a big Xmas switch on, with the high street closed and lots of stalls, carol singers and Santa on his Sleigh. It’s still lovely to see the lights on.

Gammon for us too today Sar. Thinking I might put it in the slow cooker. ?. Sprouts too GM.

Bigred I have just been reading about how hot it is in Sydney. We went there 5 years ago. A wonderful place and I love to see it on TV, thinking we climbed that bridge and went in the Opera House. Lovely memories.

Urmstongran. Welcome home! ??. What a lovely thought of your daughter to leave you an Isolation package. Hearing of your flight though (?). Not good at all. Hope you keep well ?.

GM enjoy your classes. I still haven’t registered for a class but will have a look today. Thanks !

Well , have a good Sunday and stay safe ?

Lins1066 Sun 29-Nov-20 08:12:24

Good morning Mick and all. It is dry here on the S Welsh coast. A walk this morning and roast beef and Yorkshire pudding on the menu today.
Little enthusiasm for Christmas in Chez Lins, we need to shake ourselves I think. Hope everyone will have a pleasant Sunday and stay safe.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 29-Nov-20 08:12:44

Good morning Mick and all

It’s grey here in my corner of S E Essex, not much planned for today other than roast chicken later, I might make some mince pies and a little cake.

We are hoping to have a five / six way FaceTime family get together this afternoon to raise a glass to our dear Mum, it would have been her birthday today, she died three years ago and the hole left in our family is still palpable.

Thinking of our dear gillybob and all
other missing friends.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️