Gransnet forums

Chat

DPD Scam email

(28 Posts)
FannyCornforth Sun 29-Nov-20 11:31:09

Hello
I'm not sure if this one has been covered.

I have received an email 'from' DPD to arrange payment for a failed delivery.

I'm pretty certain that it is a scam as I'm not expecting anything, no card was left and I haven't left the house in Lord knows how long.

More crucially - DPD send an email when a parcel is imminent, and none was received.
So just a heads up.

henetha Sun 29-Nov-20 11:33:32

Thanks FannyCornforth. I've been getting these almost every day for the past week. I suspected it was a scam so deleted them, but was a bit worried in case it wasn't.
So now I know.

FannyCornforth Sun 29-Nov-20 11:38:06

Hi henetha
I've just had a closer look and it's definitely bogus.
You can't click on the drop down menu.
The further information given is very vague, eg it just says 'warehouse' without a location.
Some graphics are blurred.

henetha Sun 29-Nov-20 11:40:30

Yes, you're right. And I noticed that the date was written differently I think. Thank you so much FannyCornforth.

Marydoll Sun 29-Nov-20 12:28:07

Hopefully if you have the DPD app on your phone, you should be able to verify using the app, without compromising yourself.

MrsJamJam Sun 29-Nov-20 13:18:39

We have both had these recently. Definitely a scam

Sparklefizz Sun 29-Nov-20 13:40:58

I receive one or two scams a week allegedly from Dpd. The scammers are very active at the moment.

MandL Sun 29-Nov-20 18:15:15

I’ve had this also, it’s definitely a scam. When I clicked on the sender’s address it’s just a random mix of letters. I also separately went to DPD’s website and put in the tracking number and it didn’t recognise it.

Tweedle24 Sun 29-Nov-20 19:02:52

Yesterday I had one, purporting to come from McAfee, telling me that my protection had run out. It hasn’t.
A text this morning told me that they had been unable to take my Direct Debit for my EE account. I don’t have an EE account.

SpringyChicken Sun 29-Nov-20 20:20:27

I had a DPD scam email the other day. It said 'We tried to deliver your parcel at 9.47am today. Please click on the link below to rearrange delivery'.

I was expecting a parcel that day but from Royal Mail. If it had been scheduled with DPD, I might so easily have clicked the link.

pollyperkins Sun 29-Nov-20 20:26:24

Ive had a log of similar phone calls purporting to be ftom Amazon (recorded voice) saying someone has spent £1000 on my card. I must press 1 if it was me or 2 if it wasn’t.
I hung up then checked with amazon. They confirmed it was a scam.

Grandma70s Sun 29-Nov-20 20:43:03

You do have to be careful. I was nearly taken in by the DPD scam, when I read it in the very early morning. I thought I was always sceptical, but this one almost got me.

PollyDolly Sun 29-Nov-20 20:51:11

I had a scam email from DPD earlier last week. Following morning I have one claiming to be from the DVLA stating that my personal information held on record was incorrect and asking me to correct molete the attached form and submit a payment to ensure my details were correct and legal.

The DVLA never send out emails to my knowledge. I have taken screen shots of the bogus email and sent it to DVLA. The alarming thing is, the email looked so genuine.

FannyCornforth Sun 29-Nov-20 20:52:24

Same here Grandma70s
I actually tried to reply to DPD regarding the email because I knew that they hadn't attempted delivery.
It was only while I was gathering my thoughts that I realised that it was a scam.
DPD always send an email allowing you to track a parcel prior to its delivery - so bear this is mind.
Marydolls suggestion to download the DPD ap was a good one.

Greenfinch Mon 30-Nov-20 01:35:37

I received the email from them this evening ( funny time!) and an earlier one a week ago. I have been told by others to look at the email address of the sender and this is certainly a weird one as has already been said.

Loislovesstewie Mon 30-Nov-20 06:01:47

Yep, I received this one yesterday. Deleted. NEVER, EVER respond to these e-mails, on a different tab access the official website. There is actually a warning about this scam on the DPD website.

FannyCornforth Thu 03-Dec-20 10:12:54

I've just received another, different fake DPD email.
This one refers to 'Alice Hartnell' (not my name). Very oddtchconfused

Loislovesstewie Thu 03-Dec-20 16:30:32

FannyCornforth; I received another fake DPD one as well. The name wasn't mine and apparently the item was not delivered on 20/0/20! Totally bonkers.

silverlining48 Thu 03-Dec-20 16:35:59

Yes a scam. We weren’t waiting fir anything but it makes you think you may have forgotten something,
I got a phone call this morning about amazon prime asking fir payment. We rarely use amazon but I was taken in til dh said it was yet another scam.
It’s a worry though and many will be taken in. How do these people live with themselves.

FannyCornforth Fri 04-Dec-20 10:27:37

Just bumping this for more views, as it appears that the scam is very prolific.

Desdemona Fri 04-Dec-20 10:34:58

I have had the DPD scam email too. I expect a lot of people are taken in, especially this time of year with ordering Xmas presents online etc.

I am also really tired of the Amazon phonecalls....I get about 3 a week, usually fairly early when I am still in bed!

Loislovesstewie Fri 04-Dec-20 15:36:26

Just had one supposedly from the TSB!

felice Fri 04-Dec-20 15:48:42

Sorry but who are DPD ?

Marydoll Fri 04-Dec-20 15:52:43

DPD are couriers like Hermes, UPS etc, felice

LauraNorder Fri 04-Dec-20 15:55:48

We had one a few minutes ago supposedly from halifax but [email protected]. Crafty buggers. Told us a payment had been made to Wendy Smith. We're not even with halifax.