Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Thursday

(5 Posts)
Rufus2 Thu 03-Dec-20 13:11:48

All quiet on the Eastern Front. Lovely day again today and tomorrow if the forecasters have got it right.
See that your vaccines are soon to be “jabbed”. Don’t know why, but if there’s a choice I think I’d wait the magic 14 days before stepping forward.
Near-panic in NSW today; someone (not sure who yet) came down with Covid symptoms; she’s been working in two adjacent hotels in Sydney so contact tracing now underway.
The incident has caused the WA Premier (male) to delay opening their border to NSW.
Melbourne still remains free, thankfully
Boheminan “Rufus” was our Border Collie; very intelligent, energetic, friendly, never bit anyone and it seemed only natural for me to carry on with the name and try to be the wonderful person he thought I was! He was always No.1 . blush

Jaxjacky I’ll stick with chocolate after looking up “Onion Bhaji” on the Internet. (BBC Good Food...”) Even Indian Vegetarian and Curry style don’t appeal.
No wonder you have to take it to your allotment shed which I imagine is equipped with modern waste- disposal units. hmm

You have to admit that GN is a great place to discover new interests.

Megs that was exciting! A bit of banter helps liven the place up and just what was being called for by some women recently, wanting MALES to “banter with”,, grin

Well I think I’ve been teached enough lately and we’re Zooming again tomorrow, so an early night beckons!
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

Jane10 Thu 03-Dec-20 13:24:37

Woke up to a snowy scene today. Very chilly. I quite like it though. I get the house nice and cosy and enjoy the view.
Yes we're all very excited about the vaccine. Just seeing Van Tam the deputy chief medical officer being so emotional about it brought it home to us. I'll be very happy to have it when it's my turn (which won't be for a while due to my comparative youth)
Well I'm off to start on the Christmas cards. TTFN

Megs36 Thu 03-Dec-20 14:11:42

Yes Rufus, good to hear about the vaccine, whilst we come in the top lot, aged and vulnerable, it may be some time before we get it, the logistics will be very difficult to fathom and if we have to ‘travel’ miles it’ll be delayed, Are you getting the opportunity soon, what’s the magic 14 days?
Enjoy your Zooming
Cheers ????????

rafichagran Thu 03-Dec-20 17:25:12

Hi Rufus nice to see you back. As far as the vaccine goes I am way down the list 60 to 64, I think No 7. I was wavering about having it, but have decided to have it done as I am still working.
I love the name Rufus, years ago I had a cat of that name, he was a big huge Ginger Tom, he was lovely.
It has poured with rain today and it was very cold and dull. I have to say your weather in Oz sounds very inviting.

BlueSky Thu 03-Dec-20 19:32:03

Rufus our lovely young vicar is called Rufus! Yes I hope I’ll get the Oxford vaccine by the time it’s my turn, just a preference not sure why (can you get better than Oxford University?) hopefully a light at the end of the tunnel!
Off to write my Xmas cards too.
Stay safe stay well! ??