Gransnet forums

Chat

Any plans for outdoor activity today?

(36 Posts)
Riverwalk Sat 05-Dec-20 08:27:58

It's cold but brightening up outside - just waiting for my big breakfast to go down then I'll be off to yomp the streets and Thames Path.

Getting a bit fed up of walking - it's all I do! But do enjoy it and today will catch up on the gossip with my best friend who's been away a couple of weeks.

Gingster Sat 05-Dec-20 08:32:19

Just a walk with little pooch. It’s always good to get out , even if it’s cold and you really don’t feel like going. Coming home to a nice hot chocolate with rosy cheeks and glowing from the cold is so invigorating. Hope everyone who can, enjoys a breath of air today. ?

Ellianne Sat 05-Dec-20 08:33:43

You enjoy your walk. Remember the famous saying, "Tired of London, tired of life." Buy a book and search out every corner on foot. I would love to walk with you if I could, though I might drive you crazy enough to throw yourself into the Thames! grin

Lilypops Sat 05-Dec-20 08:40:07

It’s cold and grey here this morning on the Wirral. I will go for a walk with my Granddaughters dog , we are minding him for the weekend, It will be a short walk as his little legs get tired , but it will take a long time as he has to sniff every lamppost, every gatepost , and every leaf. I could be away sometime , but I do love getting out with him. Then I can hand him back
Have a good peaceful weekend everyone,

grannysyb Sat 05-Dec-20 08:40:38

Got to

sodapop Sat 05-Dec-20 08:43:52

Already been out with the dogs and its freezing cold. Nice to come home to a cup of coffee and GN. Didn't see a single person or vehicle whilst I was out.

grannysyb Sat 05-Dec-20 08:44:34

Go to walk to the butcher this morning, looks very chilly out there! DH might come with me. Try to walk as often as I can, now we don't have a dog it's not so often.

JenniferEccles Sat 05-Dec-20 08:58:24

I am planning indoor activities today now that shops and restaurants have reopened!

Christmas is three weeks away so present shopping is top of my agenda, and no doubt we will pop in somewhere for lunch.

Not sure which town we will go to yet but isn’t it lovely to have a weekend where places are OPEN ?!

We have booked a favourite restaurant for Sunday lunch tomorrow. We booked it last Wednesday and only just got in.

So sad that a large part of our hospitality industry won’t survive though.

Ellianne Sat 05-Dec-20 09:00:07

Try this one Riverwalk. I ticked all the ones I visited.
A street cat called Bob (not), recommends it too. He has owned his stomping patch for 15 years! - I only left the book on the bed to go and fetch my phone!

Liz46 Sat 05-Dec-20 09:07:28

Like Lilypops we are on The Wirral and we like to walk along the prom at New Brighton. It's a lovely spot for a walk and the sea air suits my dodgy lungs.

Volunteers made a fantastic pirate boat on the beach but unfortunately it was destroyed in a storm. There is a collection of wood ready for a rebuild. They also made sculptures in the nearby park and it's lovely for children.

Some family from another part of the country visited and our grandson loved the pirate boat and then we went to the park where there was a children's show. He danced his little heart out and won a prize so he had a lovely day.

henetha Sat 05-Dec-20 09:19:38

It's a cold bright morning here. I'm going to stand in the queue outside the local post office to post Christmas parcels abroad, then stand in the queue outside the library where a book I ordered has arrived.

Canalboatgranma Sat 05-Dec-20 09:20:18

It's windy by the coast, but will be walking along the sea front this morning. But I do miss the river Thames from when I lived on it in my canal boat.

Teacheranne Sat 05-Dec-20 09:33:11

I’m planning a picnic in the park today with a group of five friends - being in tier three we cannot meet in a garden nor indoors!

I cannot walk far due to arthritis in knees so going for a walk is impossible, I do miss walking but even using two walking sticks, every step is painful so more than a few yards is currently beyond me.

LadyGracie Sat 05-Dec-20 10:09:01

We were going to walk into town to get a Christmas wreath from the local florist, but as usual it’s pouring with rain!

I shall soon have rising damp starting in my feet.

Barmeyoldbat Sat 05-Dec-20 10:13:42

It was dull, cold and wet early this morning but I can now see some blue patches in the sky, so I am going to get my new bike out and cycle to the shops. Hope also to grab a takeaway coffee.

Jane10 Sat 05-Dec-20 10:36:30

It's really dark here in Edinburgh. Has rained heavily and steadily all night. All yesterday too. Lots of flooding. I doubt I'll be out today. However, I'll have an energetic session with the hoover later. It's so heavy and awkward that I find it very tiring. sad

tanith Sat 05-Dec-20 10:42:04

It’s a lovely bright cold morning here in London, I’ve been out for a paper and my daughter will text me later and we’ll go for a long walk probably do a bit of the Hillingdon trail depending how wet/ muddy it is.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 05-Dec-20 11:00:47

I was out for an hour or so at 5.30am. In dark with torch. Dog needed urgent toileting so off we went. Him with his flashy colour and me looking like nanook of the north. Still it was quiet and pleasant with birds tweeting their alarm as we passed by.

Aldom Sat 05-Dec-20 11:08:32

I'm off to visit my family 17 miles away. Meeting my daughter in the city for shopping and, no doubt, refreshments. Walking back to her home. Later we as a family will walk back into the city for an evening meal. So I will have lots of exercise today. Dog walking, Sunday morning before returning home in the afternoon. I have arranged to walk with a friend on Monday afternoon.

Riverwalk Sat 05-Dec-20 11:31:08

Ellianne

Try this one Riverwalk. I ticked all the ones I visited.
A street cat called Bob (not), recommends it too. He has owned his stomping patch for 15 years! - I only left the book on the bed to go and fetch my phone!

Lovely photo of your moggy smile

I do go on themed walks and check out the local history and walk on the foreshores, when the tide is out!

When DGS was younger I bought him a metal detector (child's one) and we went mudlarking a few times but never found 'the Queen's rubies' as DGS had hoped grin

Greyduster Sat 05-Dec-20 11:34:06

We had A LOT of rain last night so only intend to stretch our legs doing a paved walk. No fields, no riverbank, definitely no farm tracks! Our time will come again?.

NonnaW Sat 05-Dec-20 13:22:55

Had a nice meet up with stepdaughter and grandson, they drove over and we had a walk around the farmer’s market and then the town, trying to spot the snowmen in the shops (they have a ‘snowman trail’ here). Lovely to see them.

biba70 Sat 05-Dec-20 13:26:30

just been for a fabulous walk in the sparkling, fluffy snow and sunshine, with a bit more shovelling of the patio on return. Now back to the kitchen and the woodburner belting heat and ambiance.

Soozikinzi Sat 05-Dec-20 14:08:26

I had a lovely walk with the pooch this morning. Still tier 3 here in Wigan so not much open but had some lovely views quite sunny but cold here . I love walking with my borrowbox app audiobooks on my phone which I found out about on GN . It connects up to your local library so it’s all free !

timetogo2016 Sat 05-Dec-20 14:18:14

We went for a walk around Chasewater in Burntwood and saw beautifull deers and two handsome stags,they are so majestic.
They have been there since the Norman times and don`t bat an eyelid when they are being watched.
Pure pleasure at no cost.