Gransnet forums

Chat

Where GN leads, YouTube follows?.

(9 Posts)
MawBe Sat 05-Dec-20 12:52:16

I was amused (?) to read the following

“Troll detector’ flags up offensive language on YouTube”

YouTube will start warning users over potentially offensive comments before they are posted through new “troll detecting” systems.

It declined to provide examples of what type of language would be deemed “potentially offensive”

Now this is where we could help them - any mention of onesies, daps, Shoezone, grandchild’s uniform, aerodynamically powered handbags or Billy Goats Gruff trip-trapping over bridges usually does it here tchgrintchgrin tchgrin

Callistemon Sat 05-Dec-20 13:25:33

YouTube are one step ahead of GN though:
YouTube will start warning users over potentially offensive comments before they are posted through new “troll detecting” systems.
Gransnetters have their posts deleted after everyone has had the chance to see them.

I was most indignant to have a post deleted last Christmas which was about onesies I was planning to buy for my DGD.
The one relating to the Vans I bought for one DGD was ok apparently.

'Hello, Good Evening and Welcome' is wrong too, apparently.

tchgrin

sodapop Sat 05-Dec-20 16:27:05

gringrin made me chuckle Maw

lemongrove Sat 05-Dec-20 16:37:10

Oh yes, and laughing at wardrobes and falls can be deemed offensive too.Ditto professions of disbelief in various tarradiddles paraded for our sympathy.In fact, my mentioning of them may be deemed offensive as well.?
I suspect though, that YouTube will be flagging up really offensive stuff, the like of which has ne’er been seen on Gransnet.

Callistemon Sat 05-Dec-20 16:39:43

taradiddle
A new one on me - what a wonderful word!

EllanVannin Sat 05-Dec-20 17:04:58

It's " paradiddle " in my language smile ?

Callistemon Sat 05-Dec-20 17:15:04

Paradidle is something different. My DD's ex was a paradiddler!

Jaxjacky Sat 05-Dec-20 17:42:45

I use taradiddle too!

annodomini Sat 05-Dec-20 18:07:39

'Taradiddle' crops up in a Gilbert and Sullivan's 'Iolanthe'.