Gransnet forums

Chat

Lockdown Looks

(78 Posts)
Blossoming Sat 05-Dec-20 20:14:13

I am currently sporting a mint green shortie nightie from M&S and a huge ‘old lady’ style navy plush dressing gown, also from M&S. The look is finished off by some fluffy pink and grey house socks from Weird Fish. I feel the socks add pastel accents.

Hit me with your lockdown fashions ladies (and any gents if there are any around).

Marmight Sat 05-Dec-20 20:27:17

I had a ‘pyjama’ morning until I had to go down to the garage to get logs, so I got dressed in case my neighbour spotted me. Salmon pink pj bottoms with koala bears and a very ancient oversized Qantas sweatshirt with logo. Ugg boots with a hole in the toe. Standards in Chateau Marmight have been slipping of late. I blame Boris ?

SueDonim Sat 05-Dec-20 20:35:03

Thermals (we’ve had snow and rain for two days!), black leggings and a grey-mix woolly tunic on top. Grey socks with sheep on them. Make up on too! We’ve been out to get the tree and do some shopping.

Jaxjacky Sat 05-Dec-20 20:36:10

Black jeans, t shirt under a jumper, thermal socks and moccasin slippers

Callistemon Sat 05-Dec-20 20:40:48

Navy (oh, not again!) cord trousers and a camel jumper.
Socks (I do like socks) and Mary Janes.

Ellianne Sat 05-Dec-20 20:41:00

Navy leggings, grey t shirt, Cath Kidston knitted jumper with a scottie dog, grey woolly socks.

Chewbacca Sat 05-Dec-20 20:41:52

Navy jeggings with a navy & white striped long cotton shirt, underneath a navy cable knit sweater.

Coolgran65 Sat 05-Dec-20 20:55:50

I’m had my third night of (successfully) using my cpap machine and getting sleep like I’d forgotten existed.

Woke at 10.30 and came downstairs in my M & S cosy navy dressing gown with white hearts. Unfortunately at one time it got touched with the flame of the click gas lighter and melted on the bottom front so I cut that bit off. White nightie and ancient furry lined navy suede boot slippers. Having slept using my cpap mask my hair was rather awry.

Happily after a shower I am much more respectable. Navy jeggings and navy Tunic with white spots. White t shirt underneath. Same navy suede slippers. White pearl earrings and makeup.

We put up our Xmas decorations this afternoon - much earlier than usual.

tanith Sat 05-Dec-20 21:02:09

I’ve been in my spotted purple pjs since 7pm, matching spotted dressing gown, stripey socks and mauve slippers with furry trim.

Callistemon Sat 05-Dec-20 21:04:25

White pearl earrings and makeup.

shock

I did use moisturiser and blow dried my hair.

Hetty58 Sat 05-Dec-20 21:11:27

I feel spoiled. It's so nice to be able to get into those fluffy PJs as soon as the sun goes down (or even earlier). I seem to get 'properly dressed' just to go out these days.

No makeup required, with a mask, and no worries about hairstyle now with a cosy knitted hat. Even better, with the essential winter coat, no bra required - happy days!

NanKate Sat 05-Dec-20 21:14:50

Navy v neck pj top, grey with different coloured spots pj bottoms. Navy socks with glittery tops. Large maroon dressing gown and full make-up. Must get all the slap off now before retiring to my boudoir to settle down to listen via ear phones to my nightly sleepscape on CALM. How will MrNanKate resist me ? Quite easily I should think.

SueDonim Sat 05-Dec-20 21:17:04

Do you not feel chilly when clad only in PJ’s? Or do you wear a dressing gown on top?

hollysteers Sat 05-Dec-20 23:56:55

Navy T-shirt, black and blue checked lumberjack style blouse which has two chest pockets and means, being rather deficient in that department, I need no bra.
Black leggings and brown Uggs. Ugh ?

WOODMOUSE49 Sun 06-Dec-20 00:06:04

My Hotter boot slippers. Long ski socks. Long sleeved T shirt and my thickest, chenille, roll neck collar, jumper. Thick corded jeggings (pull-on of course).

Wood burner blazing away and I'm just warm enough.

MayBee70 Sun 06-Dec-20 00:36:41

M&S pyjama bottoms, vest t shirt. Long or short sleeved t shirt over that. Fleece of some kind, usually with a hood. Thermal hat. Socks. Crocs. When I walk the dog I just replace the pyjama bottoms with leggings and the crocs with trainers (or Aqualamb boots now it’s colder). And gloves and a coat. This is what I’ve worn for 10 months now with just reducing the amount of t shirts in the summer when it was hot. And replacing the woolly hat with a sun hat.

BBbevan Sun 06-Dec-20 06:41:22

Grey nightie with dark red flowers at the moment. But going for coffee with DD later, so navy leggings and a dark green and navy corduroy top from Sea salt are in line for later. Thermals underneath as it is perishing here.

V3ra Sun 06-Dec-20 09:40:05

Well all I can say is my son would have been happy to see any of you!
He does a part-time food delivery round and more than once yesterday evening people answered the door to him with no clothes on ?

Frankie51 Sun 06-Dec-20 10:20:35

Grey velour sweatshirt and pink spotted brushed cotton pj bottoms. Grey bedsicks with white spots on.
We went out for a drive locally yesterday just to get out of the house. I was wearing sweatshirt, leggings and my indoor slippers and didn't take a coat. We stopped to get out of the car
to go for a walk and the heavens opened. I've really got to get myself back into dressing appropriately for going outside.

Frankie51 Sun 06-Dec-20 10:21:16

Bedsocks!

Magrithea Sun 06-Dec-20 10:21:21

It's Sunday and we're not going out so I'm in brown pull on trousers, a long sleeved cream top and a oversized caramel sweater, very comfy and warm!

During the week I will dress 'properly' and put on make up but then I do get out and about

Theoddbird Sun 06-Dec-20 10:23:14

I love my fleece lined slipper socks...I have 4 pairs. I live on a boat and always wear cotton baggy dungarees. Have leggings under and a black cashmere jumper over a black long sleeved tee shirt. Nobody sees me but I still like to look good.

kittypaws49 Sun 06-Dec-20 10:24:21

Ancient blue fleece trousers, a baggy green jumper and some very childish white shoes belonging to my daughter, and being the only comfortable footwear that I can find to wear around the house as there is nowhere open to buy some slippers.

GreyKnitter Sun 06-Dec-20 10:25:23

Sad, but I’m wearing a skirt this morning - plus tights, thermal vest and jumper plus underwear! I like to wear a skirt sometimes and as we don’t go out anymore sometimes I just like to dress up a bit at home. DH is is his old work clothes as always - even though he probably won’t do anything which requires them.

Frankie51 Sun 06-Dec-20 10:27:55

I love the way we have mostly all embraced the dressed down look. I hope it continues after the end of the pandemic. I never felt comfortable with the polished, perfectly made up, high heels look, which I had to wear for work. I am embracing my inner slob.