Gransnet forums

Chat

Viewing Heaven

(34 Posts)
hollysteers Thu 14-Jan-21 13:14:40

What is your telly set up?
Mine is a recliner with a cover with pockets for controls etc.
Pretty art nouveau sidelight, books, magazines, writing materials. My favourite spot at the moment. Facing bookshelves.
Do you have a view?

Gardenersdelight2 Thu 14-Jan-21 13:51:17

I have my late father's recliner chair which we put in corner of dining room by the window. I have my Google mini, books, tablet and blanket and also can look out the window and watch the world to by!

Lucca Thu 14-Jan-21 13:51:21

No I don’t approve of this slouching. On the rare occasions that I watch television I like to be either on my exercise bike at the same time or getting some extra ironing done ( pants socks ties backpacks dishcloths) I only watch documentaries about something interesting like steam engines.etc and actually I’d much rather be brushing up on grouting techniques or irregular Greek verbs.

tanith Thu 14-Jan-21 13:51:36

I don’t always sit in the same chair and don’t keep things close to hand as it makes me get up and move around to get them. I get a different view depending where I sit ?

Shinamae Thu 14-Jan-21 13:53:01

Goodness me, reading the headline I thought you had had a near death experience!!!

Witzend Thu 14-Jan-21 13:59:00

So did I!

Lucca Thu 14-Jan-21 14:01:04

Kidding.

sharon103 Thu 14-Jan-21 14:06:10

I have the corner of the sofa facing the tele, cushion behind my back .Feet up, control, phone and glasses by my side. Sometimes a cat on my lap.
All ready to watch then fall asleep, waking up when the programmes just finishing.

Callistemon Thu 14-Jan-21 14:27:50

Viewing Heaven

I thought it was going to be a thread about astronomy.

EllanVannin Thu 14-Jan-21 14:33:04

And I was expecting spectacular scenes. Ever been had grin

Auntieflo Thu 14-Jan-21 14:34:27

Lucca, I was just about to send an ancient packet of Greek filler, with sat nav instructions, as to how to access my house, by steam engine, so that my loo tiles could be re-grouted. I have plenty of ironed dish cloths to wipe the grout.

Then I saw your second post. Oh dear. Big disappointment.

Lucca Thu 14-Jan-21 14:46:50

Sorry ?

Jaxjacky Thu 14-Jan-21 15:35:09

Lucca ??

BlueBelle Thu 14-Jan-21 15:42:35

I sit on the floor always have (except if I have visitors) back against my recliner right side by the gas fire (may have been a cat in another life) Reading it now sounds strange but you do what you ve always done I guess

Urmstongran Thu 14-Jan-21 16:01:22

And I thought it was going to be about viewing houses in Covid times!

tinaf1 Thu 14-Jan-21 16:09:22

Thank God for your second post Lucca was just about to go and don a hair shirt ?

Daddima Thu 14-Jan-21 16:16:53

Lucca

Kidding.

What a shame. I thought I’d found a kindred spirit.

( Kidding also!)

merlotgran Thu 14-Jan-21 16:21:14

Two seater sofa which I share with the dog.

ninathenana Thu 14-Jan-21 16:44:41

"My" chair is next to the patio doors with a view of the garden. Coffee table infront of mine and Dh"s chair with tissues, note pad and pen plus our phones.
TV is directly in front of us.
Lucca ?

Kim19 Thu 14-Jan-21 23:11:26

Nice one, Lucca. Kinda sussed you but glad you confirmed?.

GillT57 Thu 14-Jan-21 23:27:07

Lucca, just like me you only watch documentaries, never have the TV on during the day and cook every meal from scratch. wink

Chestnut Thu 14-Jan-21 23:44:54

I thought this was going to be about what you imagined heaven would be like when you died, not your living room setup. I would be sitting in a very green, grassy Welsh hillside, having a wonderful picnic, with wild flowers everywhere and lambs playing nearby. All my ancestors would be there and we would chat about what life was like for them and I could have all my questions answered (I have many). ?

Megs36 Thu 14-Jan-21 23:48:22

I am sooo lazy, deep recliner, only iron bare minimum, have TV on all evening, eclectic viewing, haven’t dusted for weeks, use ready meals. Am I destined for the other place?

nanna8 Fri 15-Jan-21 12:20:42

Recliner, massive tv, iPad, knitting or sewing . Two coffee tables one with an Apple Mac on it that my husband uses mostly. In a corner, floor to ceiling windows and a sliding door out to the garden. In Winter we have a fire with ? logs

nanna8 Fri 15-Jan-21 12:21:56

Guess if you can’t have comfort at our age you’re never going to ?