Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(65 Posts)
12Michael Sun 17-Jan-21 06:20:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but looks cold and dry here in Brackley this morning, I did have a Chinese Take Away last night , first one for a few weeks.
Today, small shop , as I need potatoes whether Jacket style or just normal small size will steam with Brussel sprouts I have of the frozen bag type with a steak pie in the oven .
Otherwise a quiet day watching TV , trying to avoid the ongoing repeated programmes .
I did get an email from the organiser of the coach trips , I do he is aware that many who use him , have had the vaccination , but would not consider running any trips with restrictions on coach numbers and face masks and hopes for some form of normality when ?
Take Care,
Mick

Dwmxwg Sun 17-Jan-21 06:29:50

Good morning Mick and all to come from north Surrey. Let’s hope those coach holidays can restart safely soon
Up early as on more granny duties this morning. DD on an early so will look after boys until their dad arrives mid morning to take over. It is dry out so will walk there with dog, the boys miss him and it means dog gets a walk too.
Yesterday we did a street walk with dog around the town, over 4 miles and didn’t cover all areas, didn’t realise quite how big the town is.
Zoom catchup with sisters later to chat about mum and dad and other family news.
My favourite, chilli pasta for dinner this evening
Have a good Sunday all

Kim19 Sun 17-Jan-21 06:33:22

Good morning Michael! Still dark but a warm 5 degrees here up north! Just lovely to see all the snow cleared away even for a short spell. Think I might attempt a riverside walk today. Lovely to hear you mention normality. Sadly, I feel it's a fair way off yet. Also I think many of us will only dip our toe in gingerly when 'release' comes. I find the whole prospect thoroughly intriguing. Hope your day is all round successful whatever that means for you.

grandMattie Sun 17-Jan-21 06:55:13

Good morning from dry E Kent.
Hope you start going on coach trips, Mick, as soon as you feel comfortable after discharge.
Little on today; virtual church then roast lamb with ratatouille and rice tonight.
I trust the sad, the poorly, those in pain have a gentle day. Stay safe.

Beechnut Sun 17-Jan-21 06:57:21

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. Dark and damp but looks promising for later.

I’m going to go into the garden today for fresh air. Last night I dreamt a huge drone flew over, I took aim and shot it down with the tablespoon I was digging the garden with. I think I need to blow the cobwebs away.

I’ll have a FaceTime later with my daughter. She wants to get out into the garden too.

I read on the news we’ll be taking staycations this year. I’ve no plans to go anywhere.

Have a good day all hopefully without too many worries ?

Bellasnana Sun 17-Jan-21 06:59:32

Good morning from Malta where it is only 9°C and cloudy. It rained a lot yesterday.

Nothing planned for today, just pottering about at home.

Glad you enjoyed your takeaway Mick.

Stay safe everyone.☀️?

Nannytopsy Sun 17-Jan-21 07:00:07

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Sounds like a tasty dinner Mick and I hope you enjoy it.
There are the first signs of morning in the sky and the clouds are broken, so we may see some sunshine! Sadly I shall be inside decorating ?. It’s an awkward downstairs bathroom but then I always find them a pain to paint!
We were thinking longingly of trips away and sunny holidays yesterday Mick. I wonder when?
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Scentia Sun 17-Jan-21 07:20:04

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is still dark and feels cold ?
I am off to take DGS out for a walk later but apart from that I have no plans.
DD was upset yesterday as when her. DH FaceTimed them she called DGS from the playroom to say hello to daddy and he ran to the front door ? then had a tantrum as he wasn’t there. He will be back on Tuesday but this is the first time she has seen it upset DGS ❤️
I am sending one of my big smiles to everyone this morning, take it and then pass it on????

dragonfly46 Sun 17-Jan-21 07:22:12

Good morning from a dark Leicestershire.

Nothing planned, maybe a walk if dry although I panic now if I see people coming towards me.

A young friend had an op before Christmas for spinal cancer and is now in a rehab hospital but has contracted Covid.

Ashcombe Sun 17-Jan-21 07:27:51

Good morning, everyone from a fine and dry Torbay,

Interesting to read your thoughts on holidays this morning. Yesterday DH and I discussed my next visit to see him in France and have agreed that we won’t plan anything for some months to come. I need to have my first vaccination at least and even then, I would need a (paid for) test prior to travel in either direction. Having been apart since last October, we will cope and Zoom sessions are a huge help.

This morning I’m playing the piano for our church service at 9.30 a.m. so better not linger.

Have the best day you can and keep smiling! (It makes people wonder what you’re up to.....!) ?

Sar53 Sun 17-Jan-21 07:33:26

Good morning from a grey but dry Essex by the sea. I'm hoping we will get out for a 'blow the cobwebs away' walk today.
It was wall to wall snooker here yesterday and I fear there is more of the same today. Nevermind I can always find something to do.
Roast pork later with a glass of wine.
Enjoy your Sunday, smile ??? and stay safe everyone xx

NanKate Sun 17-Jan-21 07:35:55

Morning Mick and All.

Dry and the prospect of sunshine today

So sorry to hear about your young friend Dragonfly.

Well another week gone. I remember my mum saying ‘don’t wish your life away’ but in these circumstances that’s just what I’m doing.

We have one holiday in the New Forest booked for this July. I remember when we were there last year, thinking that by 2021 we would be back to normal, I was so wrong.

Keep going folks.

NfkDumpling Sun 17-Jan-21 07:38:22

Morning All

Well, here in the north bit of Norfolk yesterdays snow day has all gone away. There was just enough time for the DGC to build a snowman and go sledging and now this morning has dawned clear and bright and snow free. I intend to go for a walk with or without DH this morning although I expect the rest of the town will be out too. It feels like the sun is truly returning. The local surgery has started vaccinations in earnest so we live in hope! smile

NfkDumpling Sun 17-Jan-21 07:44:14

(I do hope your friend only has Covid really mildly Dragonfly and has the strength of youth to see them through)

Nortsat Sun 17-Jan-21 07:44:40

Good morning Mick and the GM team, from east London, where daylight is beginning to creep across the sky.

Had a couple of yucky days and am adjusting my meds. Hope today is better.

Dragonfly how awful for your young friend.

An easy day for me today. I will roast a piece of pork and that will provide supper for us for two days.
I am enjoying my Christmas reading - Barak Obama’s The Promised Land. I am at the point where he has been selected by the Democratic Party as their Presidential Candidate. It’s quite a hopeful read, so far ...

I had another letter from Hancock telling me to shield until 21st February. The previous letter said I should shield until 18th February. Don’t know what difference the extra three days make but hey ho, we’ll just keep doing it ...

Hope all those who are unwell have a better day and that the lucky ones on grandparent duty have fun.
Good morning gilly, incase you’re reading. Hope Auntieflo has a good day.
Let’s stay safe, keep warm and ‘let’s be careful out there’. ?

ginny Sun 17-Jan-21 07:47:21

Good Morning all and welcome to what we call another ‘ ditto’ day.
It’s not quite light yet here in N. Bucks and is damp and chilly.
It was nice yesterday to have a quick chat with friends , as we passed their house on our walk they were in their garage with the door open.
Will FaceTime with DGS later, he wants me to read a story and see the Lego models he has made.
Usual walk, pottering and craft today. Sencia has inspired me to have a go at sewing some little outfits which will make a change from knitting or crochet.
Hope you all find a ?today.

Elizabeth1 Sun 17-Jan-21 07:51:38

Good morning everyone from a dark east coast of Fife. We too had a Chinese takeaway last night i had delicious sweet and sour chicken. My dh and I went for a 2 ml car journey to clear our head yesterday. Couldn’t believe the amount of cars in the car parks at the beach just hope folks kept their social distances there was plenty of open space to do that. There were lots of dogs out having fun too I enjoyed watching them from the safety of inside our car. No going out for us it was far too cold. I also got the near to the end of my book when I got home “a Lady in Waiting” a good read everyone keep warm today it feels freezing out there must get my arms back inside these warm bed covers. Keep safe everyone it’s getting near to seeing the light, fingers crossed sunshine I saw a robin in our garden yesterday

kittylester Sun 17-Jan-21 07:52:38

Good morning all from a slightly lighter North Leicestershire. Not sure what the forecast is.

We had a long video chat with DD2 and her daughters yesterday, I arranged the flowers brought round by the florist's lovely husband and read the papers.

I am so sorry to hear about your friend dragonfly.

Gagagran Sun 17-Jan-21 07:54:19

Morning all from a still chilly south coast. 3.2c at 6.30am, It's dry though, after a very wet day yesterday.

DSiL was sent home early from the hospital where he is a consultant, on Friday, with a cough and feeling grim. He had had another cv test and they are waiting to hear if it is positive. By yesterday he had a temperature so we are all obviously concerned but still hoping that it is negative.

We can't offer any practical help, being vulnerable in terms of age and health conditions ourselves, so it's just being a sounding board as and when needed. DD is very resilient and strong and will hold it together but, if she gets it too......
(Mustn't cross bridges before we come to them).

Nothing on the agenda for today. Chicken kiev for lunch with new potatoes and carrots.

Take care everyone and keep safe. We will get through this. sunshine

Gingster Sun 17-Jan-21 07:58:01

Good morning from Essex and the prospect of a nice day is on the cards. A bit of sunshine will brighten the spirits.

I love watching the cruising programmes with JaneMacdonald. It brings back happy memories and seeing all those beautiful places in the sunshine is a tonic. We won’t be booking anywhere this year but are really looking forward to being able to return to our cottage by the sea. It’s only 80 miles away but we are forbidden at the moment.

Ashcombe I hope you and your DH can be reunited before too long. ?. And Thankyou for your comments on my other thread. ?.

Ah Scentia that’s so sad about your little GS missing his daddy. I remember when my DH worked away, my DS1 saying to him on the phone ‘ I can’t find you daddy’ . ?.

Wishing you all a pleasant day ??

Marydoll Sun 17-Jan-21 08:09:41

Good morning Mick and all who follow, from a cold and wet Glasgow.

Mick, we have received a brochure for coach tours in the summer. We were sorely tempted by two different Welsh tours, but then we put our sensible hats on. Both of us have a desire to go on the steam train at Porthmadog. However, my health is too precarious, but it's good to dream.
I don't think anyone could even consider a coach tour, unless every occupant on the bus was vaccinated. How would you manage that?.

My DIL, a key worker got hers yesterday, so things are progressing and its good to hear of so many Gransnetters getting theirs. I'm in group four with DH, due to my vulnerability, although I'm only sixty five. As I haven't the energy to leave the house, it actually doesn't matter when I get it and there is still a doubt whether I can have it at all. ☹

Wee Dollie's laminated phonic resources arrived yesterday, so today will be spent organising them. I never in my wildest nightmares dreams imagined I would be doing this again. I was a rubbish infant teacher, big boys and girls were my forte!!!!

Ashcombe, it must be so hard for you not seeing your husband, I hope things are resolved soon.
What sad news about your young friend, dragonfly, especially when they are so vulnerable. I hope you are OK, you have been quite quiet lately

Have the best day you can in the circumstances.

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 17-Jan-21 08:11:02

Good morning from a gloomy Oxfordshire, it looks as though the sky might clear though, I long for some sunshine and a potter in the garden would be nice.
Roast beef today, the food menu is the only thing that changes each day, every day seems to be the same.
Have a good day everyone

Pittcity Sun 17-Jan-21 08:11:32

Good morning from a brightening Colchester. Still cold but the snow/sleet/rain has passed and the sun is making an attempt.
Usual plans: none!
Roast pork for dinner with steamed syrup pudding and custard and a nice red. We're celebrating making it through another week.

Marydoll Sun 17-Jan-21 08:13:56

Gag, a worrying time for you all. I hope your son will be ok. Norsat, I noticed your posts were short, now I know why. Hoping that the yukkiness subsides, it just drags you down. ?

Greyduster Sun 17-Jan-21 08:14:07

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It’s a clear, blue sky beginning to the South Yorkshire day, but cold. All our snow has now disappeared but the thaw has raised the river levels again; there was a lot of water running off the fields yesterday. Nothing much planned today except to collect some shopping DD is doing for me later so I may get a walk in with her. Meat and potato pie for lunch. Have a good day folks.